User Tag List

Page 60 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,004 to 1,020 of 2137
  1. #1004
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,831
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with requesting more specific weights for their VT80? For example, if you purchase a 3U, has anyone asked for it to be around 85g rather than something like 88-89g?
    That would depend on the store's customer service wouldn't it . I wouldn't expect every store to do this nor would I expect there to be an 85gr 3U Yonex VT80 ... (certainly not at every store if at all)

    Quote Originally Posted by Iori View Post
    I think Yonex and Marvel should issue a a limited Thor mjolnir version voltric 80. That way when we smash we yell "Its HAMMER Time!".



    Make it with BP of 320+

  2. #1005
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    That would depend on the store's customer service wouldn't it . I wouldn't expect every store to do this nor would I expect there to be an 85gr 3U Yonex VT80 ... (certainly not at every store if at all)
    I suppose if you asked for the "lightest" 3U available at the store, that could work?

  3. #1006
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I suppose if you asked for the "lightest" 3U available at the store, that could work?
    Just bring a scale with you.

  4. #1007
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Just bring a scale with you.
    Might be hard if you're ordering online.

  5. #1008
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Has anyone bought a fake VT80 yet? I'm wondering how convincing the fake ones are nowadays.

  6. #1009
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Has anyone bought a fake VT80 yet? I'm wondering how convincing the fake ones are nowadays.
    the fake ones are using a normal racket with no TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM, NANOPREME, no SOUND FILTER, just a normal racket with a VT80 paint job.
    what a crap racket.

  7. #1010
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    the fake ones are using a normal racket with no TRI-VOLTAGE SYSTEM, NANOPREME, no SOUND FILTER, just a normal racket with a VT80 paint job.
    what a crap racket.
    So if they do it right, it can be impossible to tell if it's fake or not? "Genuine" serial number is easy to copy. Paint job can be done nearly exactly.

    Only way to tell if it's fake is to cut the racket and examine the materials under a microscope?

  8. #1011
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    So if they do it right, it can be impossible to tell if it's fake or not? "Genuine" serial number is easy to copy. Paint job can be done nearly exactly.

    Only way to tell if it's fake is to cut the racket and examine the materials under a microscope?
    nope, all I can see so far is the can't copy an exact genuine serial number since there are two genuine numbers on the rackets. As example, my friend bought a fake VT80 a early of this month and guess what? they serial number is 090806SP. when did Yonex produced a VT80 on 2010 and on the shaft, the number is started with 8XXXXXX?
    are they genuine enough?

  9. #1012
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    nope, all I can see so far is the can't copy an exact genuine serial number since there are two genuine numbers on the rackets. As example, my friend bought a fake VT80 a early of this month and guess what? they serial number is 090806SP. when did Yonex produced a VT80 on 2010 and on the shaft, the number is started with 8XXXXXX?
    are they genuine enough?
    Yes, but they could easily just make the serial number "genuine" by just copying the 2 serial numbers off a genuine VT80 right?

  10. #1013
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    nope, all I can see so far is the can't copy an exact genuine serial number since there are two genuine numbers on the rackets. As example, my friend bought a fake VT80 a early of this month and guess what? they serial number is 090806SP. when did Yonex produced a VT80 on 2010 and on the shaft, the number is started with 8XXXXXX?
    are they genuine enough?
    snap some close up picture of your friend's racket... we can see if any diff.

  11. #1014
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    By the way, wasn't Naim.F.C going to give us another review of the VT80?

  12. #1015
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,831
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    So if they do it right, it can be impossible to tell if it's fake or not? "Genuine" serial number is easy to copy. Paint job can be done nearly exactly.

    Only way to tell if it's fake is to cut the racket and examine the materials under a microscope?
    Nearly exactly indeed which is just enough to tell a fake from a real one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    By the way, wasn't Naim.F.C going to give us another review of the VT80?
    This one: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...1#post1679990?

  13. #1016
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Nearly exactly indeed which is just enough to tell a fake from a real one.
    Except that we're seeing some "nearly exactly" variations in paint for apparently genuine Yonex rackets too. So how can we know for sure?

  14. #1017
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,253
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you paid 50 bucks for it, it's fake?

  15. #1018
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    If you paid 50 bucks for it, it's fake?
    Yes most likely for sure. But what about the fake ones that look good enough to be sold at standard prices? Anyway, would be interesting to collect photos of all fake VT80's to see how close they look.

  16. #1019
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,253
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Buy from a reputable source, pay market price, and forget about it.

  17. #1020
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The "market price" seems to vary quite a bit. What is it for the VT80 right now?

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-11-2012, 04:46 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-19-2011, 03:54 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 12-17-2011, 06:00 AM
  4. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-17-2011, 05:59 AM
  5. WTB/FT: Yonex Voltric 80 (VT80) G4 for either VT80 G5 or MX80 (UK, London)
    By Naim.F.C in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-28-2011, 12:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •