User Tag List

Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 2137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, depend on what Naim wants. I just offer my opinion based on my personal experience, gain when up the tension on the VT80.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Oh boy... you're for it now, and sure, being on the thread of the dark side's prime weapon...
    It was a suggestion based on Naim's current collection of rackets and his opinion that he had to be in tip top shape (or close to it) to use the VT80. I could also suggest him to just use the MX80 and sell his VT80.

I wish I had the dilemma of choosing between several premium rackets.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    It was a suggestion based on Naim's current collection of rackets and his opinion that he had to be in tip top shape (or close to it) to use the VT80. I could also suggest him to just use the MX80 and sell his VT80.

I wish I had the dilemma of choosing between several premium rackets.
    Yeah, just kidding...
    wish I had that happy dilemma, too...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, just kidding...
    wish I had that happy dilemma, too...
    I'm working on correcting that dilemma

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I'm working on correcting that dilemma
    Christmas already?
    Speaking for myself, I feel the VT80 is too good for me. An AT900T will satisfy me nicely, thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Used the VT80 earlier for a 3 hour session. This time I ate well before hand and drank lots. Back to the power machine! Felt confident and strong. Returned drives with speed, and smashed confidently. Even had some very nice net play. Point is, felt a lot more powerful like it did the session before last. Last session when I felt weaker was probably just because I was ill prepared and hadn't eaten. This racket demands you be ready lol. Had it strung at 24lbs/26lbs. Thinking of going 23lbs/25lbs next time, to give me a bit more leeway when I'm feeling weaker.
    If you have a third or fourth racket, try stringing one at 28 and 30 too respectively (you've train in your martial arts years)...I'm sure you can handle it, if not at least you've tried. You got the power, man!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas already?
    Speaking for myself, I feel the VT80 is too good for me. An AT900T will satisfy me nicely, thank you!
    VT80 was an early birthday present from my wife. The MX70 will be a birthday present for me from me

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    If you have a third or fourth racket, try stringing one at 28 and 30 too respectively (you've train in your martial arts years)...I'm sure you can handle it, if not at least you've tried. You got the power, man!
    I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.
    I wouldn't shy away from stringing it 10% above recommended (warranty) stringing tension. Manufacturers always give it at least that (10%) tolerance, just in case but I think it is more than that. Notwithstanding, some rackets cave in at normal stringing tensions. Tends to happen probably in 1 out of 1,000 I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't be a glutton for punishment and read up on this FAQ in the stringing forum.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I've read that one. The problem is how do we know a "good" stringer from a "bad" one? Perhaps some rackets are more "bad-stringer-proof" than others? Was just wondering whether the VT80 was a relatively "tougher" racket or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I've read that one. The problem is how do we know a "good" stringer from a "bad" one? Perhaps some rackets are more "bad-stringer-proof" than others? Was just wondering whether the VT80 was a relatively "tougher" racket or not.
    A good stringer is one who uses a 6 point support machine and one who would stick to the manufacturer's recommended string patterns to a degree (i.e. would not allow room for errors such as wrong tie off positions or use one piece method when you ask for two piece).

NO one racquet is tougher than the other. The epitome of string tension handling by a carbon graphite racquet had already been pushed to 36lbs ECP by the professional players as far back as 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets. Perhaps these days racquets could be done up to 40lbs like the Panda Power racquets but do you even use beyond for example 32lbs yourself anyway?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information. By the way, more specifically with the VT80, I've read that the grommet structuring is unique. Is there anything specific a stringer should know when re-stringing the VT80?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information. By the way, more specifically with the VT80, I've read that the grommet structuring is unique. Is there anything specific a stringer should know when re-stringing the VT80?
    There is nothing unique about the VT80 grommet pattern. It is the same pattern as the VT70 which was first introduced back in 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets.

If the stringer you go to has no idea what it is and refuses to abide to the recommended patterns (or even take a look at the schematics that come with the catalogues), then he is obviously not a good stringer who has been living under the rock since the 1980s or 1990s when the grommet patterns have not changed for a long time and should not even be getting new customers. Some mad stringers have been caught trying to squeeze the old string pattern into this newer grommet system with disastrous results (look it up in the Panda Power racquet thread) so the reason why the grommet and string pattern schematics is in the Yonex catalogue is apparent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay good to know. Was pretty sure I read something about the unique grommet system on the VT80, but it was probably just a marketing scam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay good to know. Was pretty sure I read something about the unique grommet system on the VT80, but it was probably just a marketing scam.
    It is really Yonex's method of informing stringers "PLEASE DO NOT the old string pattern system on this racquet and read up on the stringing manual!".

Of course some stubborn stringers would just brush it off and carry on with their own business (for e.g. sticking to their old but "trusty" [at least in their own head] method) without care for the customer's feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    It is really Yonex's method of informing stringers "PLEASE DO NOT the old string pattern system on this racquet and read up on the stringing manual!".

Of course some stubborn stringers would just brush it off and carry on with their own business (for e.g. sticking to their old but "trusty" [at least in their own head] method) without care for the customer's feeling.
    I second that motion.