User Tag List

Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 2137
  1. #1038
    Regular Member troynguyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, depend on what Naim wants. I just offer my opinion based on my personal experience, gain when up the tension on the VT80.

  2. #1039
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Oh boy... you're for it now, and sure, being on the thread of the dark side's prime weapon...
    It was a suggestion based on Naim's current collection of rackets and his opinion that he had to be in tip top shape (or close to it) to use the VT80. I could also suggest him to just use the MX80 and sell his VT80.

    I wish I had the dilemma of choosing between several premium rackets.

  3. #1040
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,808
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    It was a suggestion based on Naim's current collection of rackets and his opinion that he had to be in tip top shape (or close to it) to use the VT80. I could also suggest him to just use the MX80 and sell his VT80.

    I wish I had the dilemma of choosing between several premium rackets.
    Yeah, just kidding...
    wish I had that happy dilemma, too...

  4. #1041
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Yeah, just kidding...
    wish I had that happy dilemma, too...
    I'm working on correcting that dilemma

  5. #1042
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,808
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    I'm working on correcting that dilemma
    Christmas already?
    Speaking for myself, I feel the VT80 is too good for me. An AT900T will satisfy me nicely, thank you!

  6. #1043
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Used the VT80 earlier for a 3 hour session. This time I ate well before hand and drank lots. Back to the power machine! Felt confident and strong. Returned drives with speed, and smashed confidently. Even had some very nice net play. Point is, felt a lot more powerful like it did the session before last. Last session when I felt weaker was probably just because I was ill prepared and hadn't eaten. This racket demands you be ready lol. Had it strung at 24lbs/26lbs. Thinking of going 23lbs/25lbs next time, to give me a bit more leeway when I'm feeling weaker.
    If you have a third or fourth racket, try stringing one at 28 and 30 too respectively (you've train in your martial arts years)...I'm sure you can handle it, if not at least you've tried. You got the power, man!

  7. #1044
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Christmas already?
    Speaking for myself, I feel the VT80 is too good for me. An AT900T will satisfy me nicely, thank you!
    VT80 was an early birthday present from my wife. The MX70 will be a birthday present for me from me

  8. #1045
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    If you have a third or fourth racket, try stringing one at 28 and 30 too respectively (you've train in your martial arts years)...I'm sure you can handle it, if not at least you've tried. You got the power, man!
    I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.

  9. #1046
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.
    I wouldn't shy away from stringing it 10% above recommended (warranty) stringing tension. Manufacturers always give it at least that (10%) tolerance, just in case but I think it is more than that. Notwithstanding, some rackets cave in at normal stringing tensions. Tends to happen probably in 1 out of 1,000 I guess.

  10. #1047
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    I'd be a little afraid of the frame breaking at those tensions. So far in this thread, I've only heard of one person stringing the VT80 at over 27 pounds with no problems. Any more reports would be great.
    Please don't be a glutton for punishment and read up on this FAQ in the stringing forum.

    Thank you.

  11. #1048
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes I've read that one. The problem is how do we know a "good" stringer from a "bad" one? Perhaps some rackets are more "bad-stringer-proof" than others? Was just wondering whether the VT80 was a relatively "tougher" racket or not.

  12. #1049
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Yes I've read that one. The problem is how do we know a "good" stringer from a "bad" one? Perhaps some rackets are more "bad-stringer-proof" than others? Was just wondering whether the VT80 was a relatively "tougher" racket or not.
    A good stringer is one who uses a 6 point support machine and one who would stick to the manufacturer's recommended string patterns to a degree (i.e. would not allow room for errors such as wrong tie off positions or use one piece method when you ask for two piece).

    NO one racquet is tougher than the other. The epitome of string tension handling by a carbon graphite racquet had already been pushed to 36lbs ECP by the professional players as far back as 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets. Perhaps these days racquets could be done up to 40lbs like the Panda Power racquets but do you even use beyond for example 32lbs yourself anyway?

  13. #1050
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the information. By the way, more specifically with the VT80, I've read that the grommet structuring is unique. Is there anything specific a stringer should know when re-stringing the VT80?

  14. #1051
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Thanks for the information. By the way, more specifically with the VT80, I've read that the grommet structuring is unique. Is there anything specific a stringer should know when re-stringing the VT80?
    There is nothing unique about the VT80 grommet pattern. It is the same pattern as the VT70 which was first introduced back in 2004 with the Yonex Armortec and Nanospeed racquets.

    If the stringer you go to has no idea what it is and refuses to abide to the recommended patterns (or even take a look at the schematics that come with the catalogues), then he is obviously not a good stringer who has been living under the rock since the 1980s or 1990s when the grommet patterns have not changed for a long time and should not even be getting new customers. Some mad stringers have been caught trying to squeeze the old string pattern into this newer grommet system with disastrous results (look it up in the Panda Power racquet thread) so the reason why the grommet and string pattern schematics is in the Yonex catalogue is apparent.

  15. #1052
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay good to know. Was pretty sure I read something about the unique grommet system on the VT80, but it was probably just a marketing scam.

  16. #1053
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Okay good to know. Was pretty sure I read something about the unique grommet system on the VT80, but it was probably just a marketing scam.
    It is really Yonex's method of informing stringers "PLEASE DO NOT the old string pattern system on this racquet and read up on the stringing manual!".

    Of course some stubborn stringers would just brush it off and carry on with their own business (for e.g. sticking to their old but "trusty" [at least in their own head] method) without care for the customer's feeling.

  17. #1054
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cupertino
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    It is really Yonex's method of informing stringers "PLEASE DO NOT the old string pattern system on this racquet and read up on the stringing manual!".

    Of course some stubborn stringers would just brush it off and carry on with their own business (for e.g. sticking to their old but "trusty" [at least in their own head] method) without care for the customer's feeling.
    I second that motion.

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-11-2012, 03:46 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By prosthick in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-19-2011, 02:54 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 12-17-2011, 05:00 AM
  4. FS: Yonex Voltric VT80 (MY)
    By mizivincible in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 12-17-2011, 04:59 AM
  5. WTB/FT: Yonex Voltric 80 (VT80) G4 for either VT80 G5 or MX80 (UK, London)
    By Naim.F.C in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •