User Tag List

Page 71 of 126 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,207 of 2137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    if anyone ever noticed, 3U rackets are usually a bit more durable than 4U rackets. All Yonex rackets, 3U version always is recommended to strung at 1Lbs higher than 4U version. Therefore i do prefer 3U version (the very reason that double-play with some amateur partners might give you bigger opportunity to racket-clash!) than 4U. I don't know how to measure BP but my 3U VT80, was rolled with replacement grip Victor GR-115 (1.7mm) on top of the original grip plus 0.6mm LiNing overgrip on top of it. Anyone care to guess what's my racket's BP & weight is? (strung with NBG98 @26Lbs).. I'd guess that my 3U VT80 is weighing equally with 2U VT80 (if ever exists)
    BP will be 240?? LOL

I always ignored that tension recommndation. I got 4U AT900T strung at 30 lbs most of the time (as it was once owned by a world top 50 doubles player) and minimum 28 lbs for years since i owned it and countless classes (it looks like just came back from war), and it as strong as any racket. Your luck wont change whether holding 3U or 4U rackets, anything can happen to 3U rackets too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    Although keep in mind that the overall weight of badminton rackets these days are only around 90-100 grams, no matter how head heavy they are.
    I just watched a doco the other day about building a Formula 1 car, its incredible to see how much efford they put in just to reduce the car weight (although now they have set limit) and hence to gain that extra mil second advantage. And after that I watched a badminton doubles on the internent and I cant help to think the important these guys focus on speed, by that I mean things like; interception, net kill, whole body rotation to excecute over head drive from middle of the court, as well as getting into position so that they can excecute the best posible shots.

But that said Im not sure if they use 4U rackets simply because they have the muscle already and as we know there is a limit how much a muscle can work, so in other words maybe by swicthing to a 4U racket does not mean it will translate a faster speed for these guys. Thats just my guess.

OTOH I know a bounch of pros that prefer head light racket for that matter, perhaps i should ask them about weight issue next time we meet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although keep in mind that the overall weight of badminton rackets these days are only around 90-100 grams, no matter how head heavy they are.
    and also keep in mind that a head heavy 84 grams 4U feels heavier than a head light 89 gram 3U
    for example 4U VT80 BP 305 mm vs 3U BS12 BP 285 mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DinkALot recently posted about how it can sometimes be quite a psychological thing. He gave a racket to a girl to play and told her it was a 2U (it's really a 2U). She moaned and said that 2U is too heavy for her. She went to play a few games and played badly. Then I think he gave her another racket and told her it was a 4U (when in fact it was exactly the same racket as before), and she played much better with it and said it was much lighter to play with.

I found that quite interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    and also keep in mind that a head heavy 84 grams 4U feels heavier than a head light 89 gram 3U
    for example 4U VT80 BP 305 mm vs 3U BS12 BP 285 mm
    Also keep in mind that a "sledgehammer" for you may be a "pencil" for me hehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also keep in mind that a "sledgehammer" for you may be a "pencil" for me hehe.
    unless you are a pro ... you can't really say that to me
    considering you don't know my level of play ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jump-smash View Post
    unless you are a pro ... you can't really say that to me
    considering you don't know my level of play ...
    I wasn't saying that to you specifically. I was saying that as a general statement, implying that personal preference trumps everything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think DinkALot recently posted about how it can sometimes be quite a psychological thing. He gave a racket to a girl to play and told her it was a 2U (it's really a 2U). She moaned and said that 2U is too heavy for her. She went to play a few games and played badly. Then I think he gave her another racket and told her it was a 4U (when in fact it was exactly the same racket as before), and she played much better with it and said it was much lighter to play with.

I found that quite interesting.

That's one interesting fact on how psychology can really be helpful or viceversa! When i first bought my BS11, i had fun with it & pretty much okay (although not perfect) for few hours. Then my friend pin-pointed the small-ugly 2 letters that i never realized was there, written as 4U. (I thought it was 3U until then and i prefer heavier rackets since beginning). Now, this BS11 is belonged to my gf whom just started playing badminton. such very nice racket for starter-player.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    Hi Barca, how much did you buy VT80 in Bangkok? where? did you happen to check out the price of ARC-ZS TH?
    I think I have more or less answered your questions in this thread.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Bangkok/page26

If I could recall correctly, I paid about BHT 4,500 for the ARC-ZS TH. That was in Sep '10.
    I did not check the price when I was there last week because I wasn't planning to buy this racket.
    I guess the price hasn't gone up at all.
    Where else to buy these competitively-priced racket besides those good old shops next to the National Stadium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and by the way, just want to say that I didn't get any "wrist pain" or "shoulder pain" or "found it too demanding". I think those who are getting these problems probably should work on their fitness and technique, or if they can't be bothered, give me the racket instead hehe. And again, just want to emphasise that for me, the 3U VT80 is just as good defensively and with fast drives as any other high-end (much less head heavy) Yonex/apacs rackets that I've tried in the past. Again, it's all about timing, technique and good reflexes!
    tha's why i should call u the monster of mumbai, mr.muscle .....just play with vt80 as much as u can, and u will forget the apacs soon or later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come I saw so many pictures of VT80 on the thread with the PBSI Logo on their racket but mine doesnt? 0_0 btw mines from US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only SP code has PBSI logo on it. TH,TW,CN,JP,CD,...etc.. don't have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex racquets from the following countries and with the following codes (mostly SP even if not in Singapore) are most likely to have the PBSI logo on the cone:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three hour session with the 3UG5 VT80, almost non-stop, all Mens Doubles. Generally smashing as much as possible. Arm definitely a bit tired, but then I've never played more than a two hour session before hehe. Still no wrist or shoulder pain though! Didn't touch any other racket either.

Again, definitely a different racket to the Lethal 70/Tantrum 300 - much more head heavy. Smashing is a pleasure, and even more powerful this time round (getting more used to it). However, I'm fairly sure I can still improve the technique/timing to get even more power, which is scary for sure. Defense was excellent, no disadvantage there at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three hour session with the 3UG5 VT80, almost non-stop, all Mens Doubles. Generally smashing as much as possible. Arm definitely a bit tired, but then I've never played more than a two hour session before hehe. Still no wrist or shoulder pain though! Didn't touch any other racket either.

Again, definitely a different racket to the Lethal 70/Tantrum 300 - much more head heavy. Smashing is a pleasure, and even more powerful this time round (getting more used to it). However, I'm fairly sure I can still improve the technique/timing to get even more power, which is scary for sure. Defense was excellent, no disadvantage there at all.
    See...I told you that you would like the VT80.

Getting over a cold and my energy levels were still down. I should have used an older (easier) racket as my smashes and generally play were not the best. Probably didn't help waking up with a sore shoulder to begin with (cuz I played a round a golf in the light rain and didn't use a pull cart to carry the bags). Overall doubles games on the weekend was a bit poor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some cold water...

I maintain the VT80 is not the best for everyone, not even for those who are muscled. It all depends on your playing style etc. Right now is the phase of "new brooms sweep clean" and every new and good racquet feels like the "final solution." Not the least, because it feels different...

But give it some time and a lot of guys may discover that they have been errr, a bit over-enthusiastic with their decision to go with this racquet. After all, even Yonex has clearly slotted this piece for Advanced/Pro players; it does have a very stiff shaft; it is very head-heavy. Better start stocking up on the Tiger Balm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't saying that to you specifically. I was saying that as a general statement, implying that personal preference trumps everything else.
    but you did you the word "you" and "me" hehehehe