User Tag List

Page 73 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,241 of 2137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the size of Yonex G4 is supposedly to be bigger than G5, isn't it? (just wanna make sure for what i had believed all this time)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    the size of Yonex G4 is supposedly to be bigger than G5, isn't it? (just wanna make sure for what i had believed all this time)
    Yes that's correct.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    Yonex G4 is bigger than Yonex G5. But Victor has slightly different readings.

Yonex G4 = Victor G3
    Yonex G5 = Victor G2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a quick warm up session with VT80 CH. Initial impressions:

Power: no boom or crisp whack, may be due to sub standard strings, was strung low tension probably around 23lbs
    Control: good, frame feels stable and sturdy, can take high tensions
    Grip: G4 not to my liking as i prefer G5
    Finish: top notch like all other yonex, paint and grommets high quality
    Graphics: excellent, somehting like meteor x80?
    Stiffness: seems more flexible than my AR900T/P, may be even less stiff than my VIC BS11. too flexible for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure it's not fake? It's CH-coded en really flexible, that shouldn't be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dokkie View Post
    Are you sure it's not fake? It's CH-coded en really flexible, that shouldn't be the case.
    there may be a chance that's fake but from a quick inspection of the paint/grommets it doesn't seem fake. it has the laser engraving also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect its the strings. Stiff racket + low'ish tension feels weird for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my 1st racquet review:

Just got my voltric 80 yesterday, 3U G4

String Yonex Nanogy 98 strung at 27lbs
    wanted to try with Yonex BG66Ultimax as recommended by some of u, however the seller (who play together with me) said that i will snap the string less than 1 month due to my strong smashes

so instead he recommended Yonex Nanogy 98 (1st time trying)

Standard of play:

advance-semi pro, played more easily more than 30+ tournaments since high school and club team friendly matches - and went into the semis and/or won more than 75% of them

Style

Primarily doubles, aggressive and good with placement of the shuttle, 80% of my kill shots come from my smashes and front follow through smash kills

Here's my initial review after playing 5 sets last night:

Good in term of clearance and lifting the shuttle to the baseline from net - certainty in terms of placement of shuttle to the baseline (rating 9)

smashes

- can i really hear the difference in the smash sounds and felt that my smashes are much more powerful
    - due to my power of my smashes, i could actually feel the shaft flex, which in turn, made my smashes much more steeper
    (rating 9)

backhand - crisp and certain that the ball will reach the baseline (9)

half smash- fast and accurate (9)

Drops - fastest drops shot i've ever produced (9)

drive - crisp, certain and fast (9)

Cons:-

not very agile with the backhand high clears defence and backhand drives - likely due to the longer shaft (7.5)

very tired after 3rd set - loss 50% of my smashing strength in the 5th game - in fact, i can barely smash at all by then (7.5)
    felt that the racquet was too heavy in my 5th game
    probable reasons:
    -i've been using head light racquets most of the time prior to this

Summary
    Clearly this racquet is meant for more advance players with focus in smashes,
    if you have the right skills and sufficient strength - the racquet will reward you
    If you are an average player - unlikely you will be able to take the full advantage of this racquet
    and definitely not for beginners

note:
    just came back from work - did not play my best game last night and was tired even before entering the court -played with only 75% of my true capabilities - will try again for another week and post a more conclusive review then

hope this helps =)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JasonJenn, that's a really good review. Very objective and informative, with excellent constructive criticism, unlike most reviews in BC (including my own!).

It's interesting that you found your smashing strength had gone by the 5th game. I'm a power player myself and generally try to smash whenever I can. Given you are at least advanced level, I'm pretty sure it just means that your conditioning isn't what it used to be? I think I got noticeably tired after about 2.5 hours with the 3UG5 VT80, and it wasn't really (just) my arm, more of an overall fatigue. Then again, as I said before, I rarely play more than 2 hours at a time.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that with a bit more playing time, the VT80 is going to be a really enjoyable power-racket to use. I'm really pleased to have it alongside my Lethal 70 and Tantrum 300.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great review JasonJenn, way more informative than mine

i concur, the racquet is heavy but lighter than my AT900T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks
    them team i played with last night consist of "Malaysia state player" and seasoned tournament level players. i assure you that their defence is top notch especially when we play with each other for years, we are able to read each other game play

so it is not easy to kill them off - image me jumping and smashing 5 -6 times in a row just to gain a point

switching to a head heavy racquet from head light racquet made it much difficult to sustain the strenght for sustain period of time

if you are already used to a head light or balance racquet this racquet may not be for you..

but tonight i'll be playing again.. will see whether it was me being too tired last night or just the racquet factor..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to add:

it was easy for me to smash in the 1st 2 games. felt no difference in terms of loss of power initially

but it seem to drain all my strenght by the 4th game by then i've can no longer smash any longer

if you are already used to a head light or balance racquet this racquet may not be for you..

but tonight i'll be playing again.. will see whether it was me being too tired last night or just the racquet factor..

forgot to add - since its a new racquet - mis-timed my jumping smashes and/or sent my smashes into the net about 6-7 times last night

clearly head heavy had affected my timing - seems that i swing much more faster and as a result miss the shuttle altogether (good news maybe?)

but i has a wide sweet spot and flex - hence with my mis-timed shot it’s still went back with sufficient power and an extra steepness

unable to fully utilize the racquet’s capabilities until I am much more familiar with it =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even a semi-pro have problem with VT80
    so it is definitely not suitable for me

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another 2 hour session with the 3UG5 VT80, and really enjoying this racket. No problem with fatigue at all, perhaps because I wasn't going for the big smash every time I could. I was doing some very nice drops with it, probably better than with other rackets. When I went for the big smash, the pay off was generally excellent. Drives were again fast and solid. This racket is a keeper for me.

jump-smash, the VT80 has a "dry" Balance Point of around 305mm. If you can handle such a high Balance Point, then this racket will work really well. If you can't, then yes, it won't be suitable for you. I think this racket is probably one of the best (if not the best) of its spec range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've log in excess of 30 hours now with my VT 80 3uG4 (my 4u is head heavier) and I'm just loving it. Still, I think I need more court time to fully reassure myself that this is it! Until then, more practice. Need to test with different kinds of strings too. Haven't tried the new Zymaxes yet (not tried the Victor strings too), so I'm so looking forward to it.

I thought I'm pretty good with my defense already...henceforth, the additional power comes in handy when I need that extra leverage. Normally, as we all know, smashes are returned anyways but when I started using VT80, I see lesser successful returns.

Normally, it's 85% returned. Now, when I set it up for a smash, it is a good 70% unreturned. Pretty good I think, at least imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triptens View Post
    I've log in excess of 30 hours now with my VT 80 3uG4 (my 4u is head heavier) and I'm just loving it. Still, I think I need more court time to fully reassure myself that this is it! Until then, more practice. Need to test with different kinds of strings too. Haven't tried the new Zymaxes yet (not tried the Victor strings too), so I'm so looking forward to it.

I thought I'm pretty good with my defense already...henceforth, the additional power comes in handy when I need that extra leverage. Normally, as we all know, smashes are returned anyways but when I started using VT80, I see lesser successful returns.

Normally, it's 85% returned. Now, when I set it up for a smash, it is a good 70% unreturned. Pretty good I think, at least imo.
    So you're not using the 4U much?

By the way, I have an advanced level friend (about same level as me) who uses the 2U Z-Slash and he can defend really well with it. It feels even heavier than the 3U VT80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    So you're not using the 4U much?

By the way, I have an advanced level friend (about same level as me) who uses the 2U Z-Slash and he can defend really well with it. It feels even heavier than the 3U VT80.
    They are strung at different tensions (29 for the 3U and 26 for the 4U) but I try to alternate them as much as possible but yeah, the 3U gets more play time.

I don't know if I feel the Z-Slash's head heaviness but I know for a fact that it throws down a pretty powerful smash. Probably the best smash ever, maybe! But I'm sure I can not defend with with ease using a 2U Z-slash just as well because of the smaller sweetspot. For all other rackets including the ovals, I'm pretty sure I can defend well but definitely not with the Z-Slash. The Z-Slash is in itself a very different beast unlike no other (I think AT700 is tops on my list in this category but Z-Slash is right up there or better.).
    Last edited by Triptens; 06-01-2011 at 09:08 AM.