User Tag List

Page 96 of 126 FirstFirst ... 46 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,616 to 1,632 of 2137
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBkk View Post
    I stopped using my vt80 for singles. I def found it to be a doubles racket. In singles it's good for effortless clears and power smashes but when playing a good opponent u need accuracy with drops and tight net shots too...vt80 had less "feeling" in these areas. After swapping over to my Apacs 900 I won more points. I didn't really want 2 separate for singles and doubles but it's looking that way!
    What is it 3U or 4U?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped using my vt80 for singles. I def found it to be a doubles racket. In singles it's good for effortless clears and power smashes but when playing a good opponent u need accuracy with drops and tight net shots too...vt80 had less "feeling" in these areas. After swapping over to my Apacs 900 I won more points. I didn't really want 2 separate for singles and doubles but it's looking that way!
    I see you're an "upper league" player (presumably well above "average"), and it's good to hear that apacs is serving you well, despite also having a much more expensive racket (VT80). I feel pretty much the same with my apacs rackets and my VT80, although I find the 3U VT80 an excellent singles racket too - but for me, it's just as good (if not better) for doubles play.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DohAnother clash with a newbie (2 big chips). I think I want another VT80.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what string do you have on vt80?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought the Voltric 80 and have not string it yet..Just wondering since i just read about "2lbs extra on the cross string" thread..what tension should i use for the main and cross strings if i want to achieve 24lbs? Also does this "cross string" thingie applies for new racket like the VT 80?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weezzerr View Post
    Just bought the Voltric 80 and have not string it yet..Just wondering since i just read about "2lbs extra on the cross string" thread..what tension should i use for the main and cross strings if i want to achieve 24lbs? Also does this "cross string" thingie applies for new racket like the VT 80?
    Yes I think it still applies, although some people have strung various Yonex rackets at equal tensions and have had no issues. Anyway, I've strung my VT80 at 23x25 (that is, 23 pounds on the mains, 25 pounds on the crosses), although it feels more like 25x27. I think this is done mostly to retain the shape of the original head - whether it's good or not, I really don't know, but I would guess that it allows the racket to last longer. Apparently Lin Dan's racket head looks really "out of shape", thus creating a larger sweet-spot - similar to what happened when I strung my apacs Lethal 70 at 27x27.

EDIT: by the way, I have noticed that the BG65 strings I use lose tension quite quickly (they are apparently quite notorious for this) with my current apacs rackets and previous Yonex rackets. However, I've been playing regularly with my VT80 with BG65 string for the last 6 weeks or so and I haven't noticed any loss in tension. Anyone else noticed this "phenomenon"?
    Last edited by ssj100; 07-12-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. I would like to seek all of your advise on the difference between VT80 (3U / 4U) and Forza FZ Ti550 VS. I feel the head-heaviness of FZ Ti550 VS when I hold and swing it but haven't got the chance to play with it. It gives me a good feeling. I suspect it would give me power in smashing which I lack in. But I heard VT80 also perform very well in term of releasing the power. I haven't played with VT80 yet.

Can anyone share about the difference between these 2 rackets? In term of power, drive, control, speed, etc before I make a decision which I will go for. Currently, I am using BS11. I am also considering Victor MX80 at the moment.

Appreciate your sharing and thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Hi all. I would like to seek all of your advise on the difference between VT80 (3U / 4U) and Forza FZ Ti550 VS. I feel the head-heaviness of FZ Ti550 VS when I hold and swing it but haven't got the chance to play with it. It gives me a good feeling. I suspect it would give me power in smashing which I lack in. But I heard VT80 also perform very well in term of releasing the power. I haven't played with VT80 yet.

Can anyone share about the difference between these 2 rackets? In term of power, drive, control, speed, etc before I make a decision which I will go for. Currently, I am using BS11. I am also considering Victor MX80 at the moment.

Appreciate your sharing and thanks in advance
    I'd rate the 550VS to be better at drive and control while VT80 better at speed. Power department is a bit tricky to rate as though VT80 is definitely 1 of the most powerful rackets I've tried, I feel that the 550VS will have superior power potential in able hands with the 96hole stringing pattern.

Like the VT80 3U, the 550VS is not a very user friendly racket. If you are playing with the BS11 now, I'd recommend you to try the 550S instead. It's construction is of the same materials as the 550VS but just less head-heavy, less stiff & of lighter weight. The 550S will feel more like an upgraded version of SW35 in all departments except speed.
    Last edited by raksasa.gorgon; 07-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys just wanna ask here will VT80 that been strung under 29lbs tension easily deform after cutting the string??? And any method to know that the VT80 already deformed even slightly deform???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was using BG66UM on my VT80... Not a fan of the BG66UM to start but it was done by mistake... Gonna try NBG98 since the BG66UM just snapped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried almost all the Yonex top strings, and settled for NBG98 and the BG66 Maxima JP, both at 26/28 #s. Very satisfying for at least 8 2-hr sessions, then cut up and restring.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    ....snip...

EDIT: by the way, I have noticed that the BG65 strings I use lose tension quite quickly (they are apparently quite notorious for this) with my current apacs rackets and previous Yonex rackets. However, I've been playing regularly with my VT80 with BG65 string for the last 6 weeks or so and I haven't noticed any loss in tension. Anyone else noticed this "phenomenon"?
    BG65 can stretch by up to 30% once strung (also depends on what tension you string at) and for most .7mm strings, its a good idea to pre-stretch the string when stringing or to string at about 3-4lbs higher. Again, the stringer needs to be pretty good to do a good job. In a hot and humid environment (I believe you qualify for that! ) the string would probably stretch out much quicker, so maybe you should try to up the tension by a couple of pounds by default.

As you have correctly noticed, BG80 retains its tension very well; this is because it loses only about 10% of its tension over time. That is why most stringers will not bother to ever pre-stretch BG80 (I got a funny look from one of them when I asked him to do it ) BG80 is great for tensions 24-30, but BG65 plays best at higher tensions (27/28 upwards)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the average price for voltric 80 now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should wait for the ltd edition. cooler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when vt80 ltd will release?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The limited edition is only in 4U? Pity. I plan to get another 3U VT80 within the next 6 months to a year. Really enjoying playing with the racket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a limited edition ... not one of a million, but one in a million