User Tag List

Page 110 of 126 FirstFirst ... 10 60 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,854 to 1,870 of 2137
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ Don't worry... I have a feeling that by the end of next week, you'll be beating them with a new weapon!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^^ Don't worry... I have a feeling that by the end of next week, you'll be beating them with a new weapon!
    Ha Ha!!! No...I don't think so. Although I did find I wasn't quite quick enough around the net with the VT80...perhaps that can be compensated with a new weapon. Just texted my friend...and he's also interested in taking lessons. So the search for a coach begins.

And to all the Vancouverites (GVA)...an open invite to join me and my friend on Thursday night. Just pm me first so I can book an extra hour. Hopefully I can change it to a more reasonable hours. Finished playing at 10pm last night. Went to sleep at midnight and got up at 5am. I'm getting too old for just 5hr of sleep. Dragging my feet this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Ha Ha!!! No...I don't think so. Although I did find I wasn't quite quick enough around the net with the VT80...perhaps that can be compensated with a new weapon. Just texted my friend...and he's also interested in taking lessons. So the search for a coach begins.

And to all the Vancouverites (GVA)...an open invite to join me and my friend on Thursday night. Just pm me first so I can book an extra hour. Hopefully I can change it to a more reasonable hours. Finished playing at 10pm last night. Went to sleep at midnight and got up at 5am. I'm getting too old for just 5hr of sleep. Dragging my feet this morning.
    Taking some lessons is probably the best investment ever made :-).. Every new stuff/technique you pick up or learn and apply to your game makes it so much more fun, and makes the play even more exciting!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Taking some lessons is probably the best investment ever made :-).. Every new stuff/technique you pick up or learn and apply to your game makes it so much more fun, and makes the play even more exciting!!
    Yep...just printed some stuff on lessons at the local badminton courts. Too late to join existing group lessons I think (I'll phone and ask). Maybe private lessons for me and my friend is the way to go. Depends on timing and cost (but mostly timing).

When I asked my friend if he wanted to take lessons...he said "Absolutely, I want to kick ass like them". I think the ass-kicking we got was the motivation we needed to further improve ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I was playing a game in doubles with a Voltric 80 (3UG5)
    I found the racket had a different feel to my usual racket Arcsaber Z-slash TH
    I found the racket had a powerful smash although the frame isn't as thin as the Z-Slash
    The racket frame really helped with mishits (which didnt happen in the game) as the frame is bigger
    The racket didnt hurt my wrist well playing so thats a good thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanucksDynasty View Post
    Thanks for the offer Optiblue. But I'll just buy it from RKEP. Got an email from he saying he should be getting a new batch of VT80s soon.Played 1hr singles tonight and 1hr doubles with a special guest (BC forum member) + friend. Details tomorrow when I can use a computer. Let's just say it was a humbling experience.
    Sounds good to me! Even with my AT700's, I've always preferred my 3UG5's best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were u able to smash harder with the vt80 compared to z-slash?
    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    Today I was playing a game in doubles with a Voltric 80 (3UG5)I found the racket had a different feel to my usual racket Arcsaber Z-slash TH I found the racket had a powerful smash although the frame isn't as thin as the Z-Slash The racket frame really helped with mishits (which didnt happen in the game) as the frame is biggerThe racket didnt hurt my wrist well playing so thats a good thing!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Were u able to smash harder with the vt80 compared to z-slash?
    I felt that the Z-Slash had more powerful compared to the Voltric 80
    The Voltric 80 is certainly a must-have racket in my racket bag.
    Last edited by drew tze en; 09-17-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I felt that the Z-Slash had more powerful compared to the Voltric 80
    The Voltric 80 is certainly a must-have racket in my racket bag.
    Personally, I felt that z-slash has a bit more power but the hitting feeling is like a "damped" or spongy feeling compared to the VT80 which which a more crisp response.

Do you feel the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owned an ArcZS and a VT80. In the term of smash, I have to admit that ArcZS is better than VT80 because of the great repulsive power and perfect string tension. But in general, I still love VT80 the smash, clear, backhand, and net play are great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Personally, I felt that z-slash has a bit more power but the hitting feeling is like a "damped" or spongy feeling compared to the VT80 which which a more crisp response.Do you feel the same?
    That's the only bad thing about the z slash it is because the racket head is smaller then usual and if you don't hit the shuttle on the sweet spot the shuttle feels less responsive so you lose a bit of control but personally I absolute love this racket and I hope people in the future will still remember this racket for the worlds fastest smash, I love the speed of this racket it is SO fast it cuts through the air so well I dont know what I would do without it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    I owned an ArcZS and a VT80. In the term of smash, I have to admit that ArcZS is better than VT80 because of the great repulsive power and perfect string tension. But in general, I still love VT80 the smash, clear, backhand, and net play are great.
    I think that the Arcsaber z-slash is slightly better when it comes to clears, backhand clears and smashes because of the aerodynamic frame but I probably think that net shots are bette using the Voltric 80 because of the bigger sweet spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's my personal feel about both of them.
    In term of net play, can't disagree that sweet spot on the VT80 helps us on making a sweet net play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a Victor SW35 and I ABSOLUTELY love it too!!! The VT80 is light in compare to the SW35... I will still use my VT80 for doubles but I think my SW35 will be my singles racket

No just waiting for my Gosen Ryoga Shiden in the mail... Then my racket bag is complete! No more new rackets... YET....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FINALLY! my VT80 received a paint chip after using it for 5 months. damn! I am so damn pissed! This is because of playing single with my state champ friend. After all, I have to remember that nothing is permanent right? LOL~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...to-The-Details

The beautifulness, the details shots of VT80

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiq_axis View Post
    FINALLY! my VT80 received a paint chip after using it for 5 months. damn! I am so damn pissed! This is because of playing single with my state champ friend. After all, I have to remember that nothing is permanent right? LOL~
    I hate getting paint chips and I hate especially on my Z-Slash TH i felt like crying