Looking for place/people to play Badminton around Taipei City

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by jhkuan, Feb 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jhkuan

jhkuan Regular Member

System Admin
    I just arrived in Taiwan just a week ago and am staying here long term...So, looking for people/places to play Badminton around 台灣台北市大安區 (Taiwan, Taipei city, Da-an District) I saw posts about OZION but it's way too far from where I'm currently staying.
    I would say I'm between novice and intermediate level maybe...haven't played in a while... Can anyone help me out? :confused: Well first thing's first...need to get a racket + feather birdies (left my racket in the US and not sure whether places in Taiwan lend out rackets like open gyms in the US) X_x;; Maybe you all can direct me on that too...

2. chuang

chuang New Member

If you can read Chinese, the biggest forum in TW is http://www.badmintonrepublic.com
    In Taipei city, each district has their own sport center so you can find the Da-an District sport center.

It is somewhat different from U.S that players just go to the gym. In Taiwan, you should join a team which will lease the courts for you in a special time slot and the team members play during that time slot. The courts hidden in many places such as public sport center, school, and private club. You pay the fee for 3 months, 6 months, 1year or just drop-in fee to a team manager. Some team will provide the shuttle for you so ask all condition before you join. You may borrow the racket in private club but it's not available in public sport center or school.

3. jhkuan

jhkuan Regular Member

System Admin
    Hello chuang,

Thanks! Exactly what I figured out and experienced these past two months, haha, but very nice to see these instructions in text-form. As for me, I sort of just googled "Badminton in Taiwan" and eventually found 羽共 forum. Nevertheless, you replying to my message in that way just shows that I have been on the right track and not missing out on anything around my area.

Thanks again!
    Sorry for the late reply and sorry for not updating about figuring out the "system" already.

4. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

I know this reply may come too late, but hope it helps on your future visits to Taipei, Taiwan :D
    There's a great place in Taipei City to play badminton and it is quite convenient to get to.
    You can play one off or join badminton social teams to play :)

Here's the Address for the badminton shop and the facility:
    Champion Sports
    7Floor, No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan
    Telephone: +886-2-2392-8099
    Email: championstar99@yahoo.com.tw

ZhongZheng Sports Center
    No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan

It is about 5minute walking distance from 2 popular MRT stations. The facility is a city owned sport center with 5 badminton courts, and a lot of other indoor sports facilities such as archery, basketball, golf, table tennis, swimming pool, etc. They charge quite reasonably for court usage, it's air conditioned. Oh, another plus, is that there's a badminton shop right on the floor where the courts are at. They sell all badminton related products and accessories. Racket prices are very reasonable as well. They sell Yonex, Victor, Flypower, MMOA, Fleet, etc. It's worth the visit :D Have fun when in Taipei! ​

5. jhkuan

jhkuan Regular Member

System Admin

Not late at all, well-noted, thanks!!

6. evelynhu

evelynhu Regular Member

I know this reply may come too late, but hope it helps on your future visits to Taipei, Taiwan :D
    There's a great place in Taipei City to play badminton and it is quite convenient to get to.
    You can play one off or join badminton social teams to play :)

Here's the Address for the badminton shop and the facility:
    Champion Sports
    7Floor, No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan
    Telephone: +886-2-2392-8099
    Email: championstar99@yahoo.com.tw

ZhongZheng Sports Center
    No. 1 HsinYi Road, Section 1, Taipei City, Taiwan

It is about 5minute walking distance from 2 popular MRT stations. The facility is a city owned sport center with 5 badminton courts, and a lot of other indoor sports facilities such as archery, basketball, golf, table tennis, swimming pool, etc. They charge quite reasonably for court usage, it's air conditioned. Oh, another plus, is that there's a badminton shop right on the floor where the courts are at. They sell all badminton related products and accessories. Racket prices are very reasonable as well. They sell Yonex, Victor, Flypower, MMOA, Fleet, etc. It's worth the visit :D Have fun when in Taipei! ​