Badminton Coaching in Seoul

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by PerryH, Feb 1, 2011.

1. PerryH

PerryH Regular Member

Analyst
    Hi,

I'm going to be in Seoul from January 2011 - August 2011 and I was wondering if any of you know of any badminton coaches in Seoul that you could introduce me to?

Really want to learn badminton while in korea!

Thanks for your help!

2. event

event Regular Member

You can go to any club or public facility and there will be a professional coach. Some coaches train as adults, but most are former elite players who played on competitive teams until at least middle or high school, sometimes until university or even the national team. Some of the most popular coaches in my area don't have such playing credentials, however. I guess you can hope someone on the forum can suggest a coach or you might instead want to try identifying a place or area first and then contact the coach who works there.

3. TaehyeonJeong

TaehyeonJeong Regular Member

University Student
    Hi. I'm Taehyeon living near Seoul. In Korea, there are so many badminton clubs in seoul. Almost public gyms (including school gyms) have badminton clubs. If you want more infromation about it, your location is needed. I know many badminton coaches, so I can introduce them to you. BUt I'm now on military duty so I can't meet you free . I can get a vacation from 28th Feb to 9th March (10 days) on that day Please contact me. poket830@naver.com this is my mail. If you send a mail for me, I let you know my phone number.^^

Oh. and How about your korean skill?? Almost badminton coaches in Korea are not good at English except very few people. But It is other problem that We have to discuss later.

Anyway I hope you to get a good memory in korea!!!

4. serg22

serg22 Regular Member

hello. How did you get on in your search? I'm also seeking training in Seoul, Sept/Oct this year. And yes, I don't speak Korean :(
    cheers
    Sergio

5. TaehyeonJeong

TaehyeonJeong Regular Member

University Student