Applying lead tape

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TsAr83, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TsAr83

TsAr83 Regular Member

I have a head balanced racket, I am planning on adding some lead tape on the head to make it head heavy to increase power. I need suggestion is it worth it, would it increase the power of the shot, and where to exactly apply the tape?

2. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    I don't believe it would be worth it to mod your racquet to make it head-heavy, slight changes in weight will not ultimately make you much better, rather working on technique and your physical aspect will be much more effective. But of course it wouldn't hurt to try as you can just peel off the tape afterwards.
    I believe there are a few articles explaining how to do it, if you use the search function they should appear. In essence I believe you can just use lead tape, athletic tape, or heck I've even seen people use the tape that comes with overgrips to apply to the top of the racquet head. Just add till a desired weight that you feel comfortable with.

3. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    You can apply the tap in several places. The main position is covering the strings over the top of the racquet. Depending on how much weight you want to add you could start at the centre crosses at one side and go all the way over to the other centre crosses.
    A good place to put the tape is around the areas on your racquet that are worn down by scooping the shuttle off the floor, it'll prevent more racquet damage.