Advice on new racquet required following frame implosion!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NRH1981, Feb 2, 2011.

1. NRH1981

NRH1981 New Member

Hi folks.
    Following the implosion of my Carlton Vapour Trail S-Lite on monday night, (the frame split at the top and ripped itself into 5 pieces, looks a treat!) :mad: I am now on the hunt for a new racquet.
    As much as I liked the S-Lite i suspect I was getting quite a few problems with my shoulder and inner elbow as a result of it being the wrong type of racquet for me.

Im looking for a balanced but still lightweight racquet for fast paced good standard doubles, with a fair bit of power behind my smashes but without loss of control.

So im guessing a lightweight, stiff, balanced (slighty head light) racquet?

I've had a look around but the specs seem conflicting and i honestly dont know where to start beyond the old suspects.

Looking to spend under £100 if possible in the next couple of days.

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Neil:)

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Couple humble suggestions:

You could consider SOTX Power Boss Woven 5L or 6i which are light and stiff (and in your budget by a good margin): http://www.sotxsports.co.uk/
    I've tried out the 5 before. It was quite lovely.

Black Knight made a Superlite series of which the Feather XL which is quite light and balanced. Again a very quick racket. The Proton XL in that same series is still light but packed more punch. Very popular in these parts. Because they aren't the newest, you may find one in your price range.

Best of luck.

3. NRH1981

NRH1981 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, can honestly say ive never come across them before, but i will look into them, cheers. I know there are a lot of these types of forum questions popping up all the time so i appreciate the help. :)

4. NRH1981

NRH1981 New Member

Fidget, just noticed you are based in Canada, what a strange coincidence, i have just this evening applied to the Canadian immigration Consulate for a visa to move over to the west coast BC later this year from Scotland... fingers crossed. Out of curiosity, how is the badminton scene over there?

5. visor

visor Regular Member

^^
    Perhaps I can attest to BC badminton, as I'm in Vancouver.

Richmond is where all the baddy courts are. In my estimate, over 70 matted courts there in total that you can rent at around $18 per hour.

You can also drop in for $5 at certain times for a few hours of play.

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

....and here on the poor East Coast, court availability is wherever you can trace lines in the snow and string up a used fishing net. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the Immigration process. And have fun looking for rackets. :)