badminton in Hounslow area

Discussion in 'UK' started by akhilnagpal, Feb 3, 2011.

1. akhilnagpal

akhilnagpal New Member

Hi,

I want to start playing badminton again on a regular basis. I searched at the internet and most of the club actually are for the intermediate level. Now I used to play good but that was quite some time back. Are there any beginners level club out there in Hounslow/Isleworth/Heston/Southall/Osterley area?

Or are there any people who are looking for a badminton buddy? I would prefer to play in the evenings preferably on Friday/Saturday/Sundays but other suggestions are welcome.

Will really appriciate if someone can get back to me.

Regards,
    Akhil

2. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

It's always a bit tricky finding the right level for a new club. In that area I'd probably give Spidernets who play at the BA concorde club a go.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20345298628

If your looking for a stronger club then there's plenty more options.

3. akhilnagpal

akhilnagpal New Member

thanks

thanks mindfield. I am planning to show up there coming weekend. Timings are not too great for me though, so will really appriciate if more information about such clubs can be provided.

Thanks,

4. EDB - Hannah

EDB - Hannah Regular Member

Project manager
    Hi,

I've just moved to the West Drayton area, and was looking to play regularly.

Myself and a colleague started playing in Spelthorne leisure centre on Sundays 11 - 1pm, we now have a group of about 5 - 8 players and would be happy to have more.

Hannah

5. akhilnagpal

akhilnagpal New Member

thanks

Thanks Hannah. Really appreciate it. I am planning to go to BA Concorde club this Saturday only because they are very close to my place. If it does not work out there I might show up next Sunday. Thanks again.

- Akhil

6. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Well BA also have a huge club at the concorde sports center & they have about 5-6 teams of differeing abilities entered into competitions.

There's a lot of clubs playing at the Hounslow Badminton Dome (split between Hounslow, Hammersmith & Hillingdon leagues) which is close by as well. We (GSK) play there on a Thursday as do Air Canada. There's a drop in club on a Monday as well if you don't want to commit to a club.

7. akhilnagpal

akhilnagpal New Member

thanks again

Thanks again, I am up for committing to a club if they accept people at my level but I think going there on a Monday would be a good start and see how it goes..

8. mmachar

mmachar New Member

IT Consultant
    Hi Hannah,

I have just moved to Shepperton. I was playing badminton previously at Teddington. I am interested in playing in your group. Can you give me some details or contact me at mm.achar@gmail.com.

- Madhu