User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 23
  1. #1
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Good badminton shop in SINGAPORE?

    Any good badminton shop sells racket at good market price?

    Been few shops, they anyhow jack up their prices one.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tampines
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    depending on what you term as good market price and what brand you are looking at. which shops that you have been to? you can try queensway shopping centre, quite a number of shops selling rackets there. can go to Chris's shop at AMK if you are looking for victor. I would say some of the shops jack up quite a bit, maybe due to the rental here as well. Of course if you are looking at good price, there are a few online shops that you can go to, but they are not local. after shipping, it comes up to about the same for some of the rackets. thats from my limited knowledge of badminton shop in singapore. or you can try Artic Sports. all this you can search for in the forum.

  3. #3
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi vcrpex,

    I'm staying at pasir ris. Look for yonex brand only.

    I've been to Pasir Ris sportslink and tamp badminton shop..

    I scared i got chopped carrot head lol.

    Can you pm the link of the online shop?

    Thanks,
    NightRaven

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Smash Sports at Eastpoint Mall (next to Simei MRT) is pretty reasonable (if you negotiate). Several of my friends recommended the shop in Tampines Sports Hall but I've never tried them personally.

    If you are willing to travel, Artic Sports in 9 Sembong Rd, and Classic Sports in Yishun are both fantastic choices.

  5. #5
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Smash Sports at Eastpoint Mall (next to Simei MRT) is pretty reasonable (if you negotiate). Several of my friends recommended the shop in Tampines Sports Hall but I've never tried them personally.

    If you are willing to travel, Artic Sports in 9 Sembong Rd, and Classic Sports in Yishun are both fantastic choices.
    Hi Weeyeh,

    Thanks for your contribute. Truly appreciated it. Do you have any shops in mind which i should avoid from?

    NightRaven

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Do you have any shops in mind which i should avoid from?
    What racquet are you looking for? It would be prudent for you to do your own price checks. You should also have a budget. Dun walk into a shop and expect to pay only S$100 for a YY Arc 10.

    If you're a new/walk-in customer, Artric and Classic (as recommended by weeyeh) are safe bets.

    On the east side, you could visit Flymax at Tampines Sports Hall and Sintec Tampines Telepark (opposite Tampines Sports Hall) but then again do your own price research.

    Sintec opposite Bedok Sports Hall offered me a ridiculous price for a Sintec racquet but I guess that's because I was not a regular (Silver might not agree with me ). In the end I bought it from Sintec Tampines.

    If you're at Queensway, dun be too shocked at the sticker/offer prices at Gala Sports, Queensway

    Off topic, I refuse to buy anything from Sintec @ Jurong East Sports Hall because the sales assistant is very rude. But that's another story....

  7. #7
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    What racquet are you looking for? It would be prudent for you to do your own price checks. You should also have a budget. Dun walk into a shop and expect to pay only S$100 for a YY Arc 10.

    If you're a new/walk-in customer, Artric and Classic (as recommended by weeyeh) are safe bets.

    On the east side, you could visit Flymax at Tampines Sports Hall and Sintec Tampines Telepark (opposite Tampines Sports Hall) but then again do your own price research.

    Sintec opposite Bedok Sports Hall offered me a ridiculous price for a Sintec racquet but I guess that's because I was not a regular (Silver might not agree with me ). In the end I bought it from Sintec Tampines.

    If you're at Queensway, dun be too shocked at the sticker/offer prices at Gala Sports, Queensway

    Off topic, I refuse to buy anything from Sintec @ Jurong East Sports Hall because the sales assistant is very rude. But that's another story....
    Personally i would prefer yonex as i've been using them for like 10 years. I've never use any other brand of racket before.

    I would prefer east-side as I'm staying in pasir ris.

    Btw, how do i do research on the price? Tried google online but i can't find the price at yonex website.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Personally i would prefer yonex as i've been using them for like 10 years. I've never use any other brand of racket before.

    I would prefer east-side as I'm staying in pasir ris.

    Btw, how do i do research on the price? Tried google online but i can't find the price at yonex website.
    Bro , sealman is our guru , he wishes to help u , but he needs to know which racket u r looking at so that he can give u an average price to take reference from.
    Alternatively u can post in Market Place too.

  9. #9
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which racket is best for bucks? I've saw a muscle power yellow in colour at Tampinese sports hall retailing @ 70$..

    Look something like this..

    http://www.yonex.com/pop/muscle_power5.html

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Sintec opposite Bedok Sports Hall offered me a ridiculous price for a Sintec racquet but I guess that's because I was not a regular (Silver might not agree with me ). In the end I bought it from Sintec Tampines.
    Well, I did have a tough time negotiating with the boss / auntie to get a better pricing even though I'm a regular over at Sintec bedok.

    Usually Sintec sell Yonex racket at a much higher price compared to classic sports or artic sports. But they (Sintec Bedok, not sure about other outlets)do have good services even after sales as well.

    Or Maybe you can try Queensway. I think I read it somewhere on the forum that queensway have a shop that only sell yonex stuff.

  11. #11
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    Well, I did have a tough time negotiating with the boss / auntie to get a better pricing even though I'm a regular over at Sintec bedok.

    Usually Sintec sell Yonex racket at a much higher price compared to classic sports or artic sports. But they (Sintec Bedok, not sure about other outlets)do have good services even after sales as well.

    Or Maybe you can try Queensway. I think I read it somewhere on the forum that queensway have a shop that only sell yonex stuff.
    Haha, ok. Thanks for your contribution.


    regards,
    NightRaven

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Peng View Post
    Bro , sealman is our guru , he wishes to help u , but he needs to know which racket u r looking at so that he can give u an average price to take reference from.
    Haha not guru lah.... I hardly buy racquets nowadays

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    Which racket is best for bucks? I've saw a muscle power yellow in colour at Tampinese sports hall retailing @ 70$..

    Look something like this..
    http://www.yonex.com/pop/muscle_power5.html
    Am not familiar with this model but you should be able to get a good price if the head coach Zhang Qingwu or his wife May is in the shop.

    If you pay a bit more (approx S$100), you can get a good racket from other brands eg Victor Artery/Super Nano series etc. Just my two cents. Utimately you will be one playing with the racquet and the final decision lies with you.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Haha not guru lah.... I hardly buy racquets nowadays
    Dunno which model to use ?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mb at Bishan is also ok I think but limited racket choice

  16. #16
    New Member NightRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Am not familiar with this model but you should be able to get a good price if the head coach Zhang Qingwu or his wife May is in the shop.

    If you pay a bit more (approx S$100), you can get a good racket from other brands eg Victor Artery/Super Nano series etc. Just my two cents. Utimately you will be one playing with the racquet and the final decision lies with you.
    I see.. $100++ and 200+ above what different in terms of weight not much right?

  17. #17
    Regular Member maa2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kemaman, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is one guy at VR-Forums using similar nickname. I have no idea whether is similar with you ....
    If yes, then why don't you send a PM to Asimof or Roninfyc (at VR-Forums), ask their advices.

    alternatively, you can follow the above Sealman's and others' advices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Good Stringing Shop in Singapore , I need ur recomendation Hi Guys
    By Mr. Seafood in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 02-16-2012, 12:15 AM
  2. Any good shop or good stringer in singapore ?
    By coolman in forum Market Place
    Replies: 45
    : 08-07-2006, 03:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •