Help me choose a new Yonex racquet !!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lining, Feb 3, 2011.

1. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Hi guys im looking for a new racquet , i am playing with a metallix 10000 for 3 years so i would like to change . Im playing the most part of the time in single . My game is based on net shot and accuracy . I have a natural power . So i would like to have a racquet which provide me accuracy control and i don't want to lost my net skills ;) ( Im top 50 of my country so my technic is well :) )

I hesitate between an Arc 10 , Zlslash AT900T and Nanospeed 9900

which racquet you advice me ? Thx for your contribution ( Im not english so if my english isn't well told me ;) )

#1 lining, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Arcsaber 10, would be the best bet I would think.

3. TsAr83

TsAr83 Regular Member

I would suggest visit a store which would let u test these yonex rackets and then u can decide which racket to go with...........

4. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    That's the matter i can't try any racquet there is no store in my area . so Arc 10 is the best ? i string at 27-28lbs . what's the difference between classic and sp yonex racquet because i saw the price were less expensive .

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

You can buy both the Z Slash and the Arc10 and sell the one you don't like. That's the best way to go about things IMO.

6. what07

what07 Regular Member

I would either get the Arc 10 as a first choice.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  8. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I would get the Arcsaber 10

9. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Best racquet i suppose . i saw on web there are Finnexarc10 apacs arc10 tactic10 and hi qua 10 you know if those racquets have the same technology , quality ? i will probably buy a yonex because im a fan but i would like to buy one other as a training racquet .

10. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    You're a yonex fan but you have a lining nickname?

11. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Im a Yonex addict !!

12. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    lol i stole this nickname before a li ning fan take it because they are too proud about their products ;)

13. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Re help iv'e buy At900T nanospeed 9900 and Z slash but i don't have great feeling with both which racquet you recomend me ? thx to answer ^^ Im actuallyt playing with a Metallix 10000 Head (2008)

#13 lining, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

For you: AT900P or Voltric 80 ;) (if you only want Yonex). I would try to borrow one at a tournament first though ...

15. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    I can try all brands , if you have other racquets to advice me you can ;)

16. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you bought all three?

I would recommend Panda Power

17. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Yes i bought both with my bro , no matter cause i will sell those which i don't like ^^ there is a new panda to come ? Advanced players play with this brand of racquet ?

18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow.. how much did you spend for all three?
    and do not forget we have a thread to identify if you racket real or not: (just in case)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...No-eBay-Enquiries)-Read-Post-1-First!/page740

yup, Panda Power Trinity Pro

the problem with professional players is, they will use any brand as long as those brand sponsor them
    so do not expect small company like Panda Power can sponsor professional player

many people satisfy with Panda Power especially when you know that it is cheaper, but with same or better quality than the leading brand

#18 Avenger, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Balanced and controlled rackets I can think of immediately are the Arc 10, Arc 7, N50, Trinity 2. Of course the T2 isn't easily available anymore so perhaps you should either get the TPro or just go for another racket - the Arcsabers are pretty popular, the 7 more so than the 10, as they're both balanced and can thus be played in doubles and singles without disadvantages in any discipline. The 7 is a bit more flexible, which makes it easier to get some power out of it, but at your level of play, that shouldn't be a problem.
    The N50 is amongst my favorite rackets right now, as it's very controlled, but still powerful. As I haven't tried the Arc 10 or 7, I can't compare them, but I've read the Arc10 is pretty similar, the N50 being a bit more flexible and powerful. Is there perhaps a shop that would send you the Yonex rackets for testing purposes?
    Also, a bit of advice, don't limit yourself to rackets of one company just because you're a fan. I'm very happy with Li Ning & Panda Power, but I cant play with Yonex rackets. So, try to test different rackets, perhaps ask some ppl at tournaments to have a few swings with their rackets....normally, at bigger tournaments (with Pros involved), there are shops which will let you try their rackets for a bit...
    Anyway, try different rackets from different companies.
    There's a good chance nothing will immediately feel just perfect as you're adjusted to your old racket and will need to get used to the different feel of other rackets, so don't be disappointed if that happens. If you get a new racket, give it some time - the bigger the differences, the more time you'll need to adapt. I had to force myself to use the Panda Power rackets for about 6-8 hours before I could play without vibrations on lifts& clears under pressure....

20. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Thx for your contribution i've try the Arc 7 but don't have good feeling too with this racquet . pretty classic ... I never try Li ning and Panda because it's unusual . the Arc 10 look like a Zslash ? some review of an advanced player with a Panda ? thx ;)