User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you haven't been to Edison, you should still give it a try on Wed nights (7pm-till everyone is gone). The facility is good. All the leagues are over as of last Wed. The players are fun and friendly, just make sure you pay ($7.5) before you play!! I have also been to YWCA on 4th street in downtown on Sunday morning (9:30am - 12pm) and FCR Badminton Club (fcrnsa@wordpress.com) Friday nights starting at 8pm-10pm (email reservation is needed). Bearspaw badminton club is on the other side of the city but good intermediate players as well. U of C and Mount Royal are listed on badminton Calgary's website, parking is a bit expensive but good players too.

P.s. FCR has a few Master tournament grade players and a few good mixed double players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll think about it, would really prefer for the new center to open though. I'm probably down there for 2-3 days each week for the next couple of months... too much driving....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the opening is going to be at the end of May now. Delays with the roof I hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I can't wait go there. Please let me know when it will be open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to go to the YWCA in on Sunday mornings all the time, but about half a year ago, I stopped cause I had to go to work. You go there often? I know most of the people there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    Well if you haven't been to Edison, you should still give it a try on Wed nights (7pm-till everyone is gone). The facility is good. All the leagues are over as of last Wed. The players are fun and friendly, just make sure you pay ($7.5) before you play!! I have also been to YWCA on 4th street in downtown on Sunday morning (9:30am - 12pm) and FCR Badminton Club (fcrnsa@wordpress.com) Friday nights starting at 8pm-10pm (email reservation is needed). Bearspaw badminton club is on the other side of the city but good intermediate players as well. U of C and Mount Royal are listed on badminton Calgary's website, parking is a bit expensive but good players too.

P.s. FCR has a few Master tournament grade players and a few good mixed double players.
    Used to go there, go there often?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper_34 View Post
    Used to go there, go there often?
    At YWCA that is :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the days I convinced myself to get up that early on Sundays.. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    Only the days I convinced myself to get up that early on Sundays.. :P
    haha I see. Do you go to the CISC badminton club at Hillhurst community centre on friday nights from 7:30pm to 11 pm? A lot of good people there. You should check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah.. I 've been there once with a friend.. you are right lots of good players ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Richard on Friday and I asked him about the progress on the new gym and he said it's delayed once again due to snowfall in Calgary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper_34 View Post
    Saw Richard on Friday and I asked him about the progress on the new gym and he said it's delayed once again due to snowfall in Calgary
    Once the roof is up the delays should stop, don't know the state it's at right now so hard to say. Is there anyway to get a picture of the current status?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Once the roof is up the delays should stop, don't know the state it's at right now so hard to say. Is there anyway to get a picture of the current status?
    I surely do not have any pictures, but someone might?? I don't live around there so I don't get a chance to see the progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According on the progress, SBC is estimated to open around the third week of May. Cross all the fingers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all badminton players/fans in Calgary, please plan your schedule to book courts at SBC. The days are getting closer for the people of Calgary to experience playing on "real" bdminton courts. Once you booked the slots and intend to keep it for long term, please advice the staff so you won't loose it to other groups. Court booking on first come first serve. SBC will advice when the court booking will be accepted. Get your group together and choose the day/time to book the court. Estimated open date around end of May. Please check update regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STRING View Post
    To all badminton players/fans in Calgary, please plan your schedule to book courts at SBC. The days are getting closer for the people of Calgary to experience playing on "real" bdminton courts. Once you booked the slots and intend to keep it for long term, please advice the staff so you won't loose it to other groups. Court booking on first come first serve. SBC will advice when the court booking will be accepted. Get your group together and choose the day/time to book the court. Estimated open date around end of May. Please check update regularly.
    Thanks for the update. Are you booking for groups only or will you have any "open" nights? Also, do you have the address of the location? I have a project going on at the new Arbour Lake high school in west Calgary and wouldn't mind stopping by the SBC (just drive by) to see it.
    Last edited by druss; 05-02-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Court booking is open to all members. SBC will have drop-in on Friday night. All details wil be posted on SBC website soon which is on the final stage now. You can call Richard for the address (604) 240-0088. Make sure he is around when you go there. Located close to Northgate Mall and Pacific Mall.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast