User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SBC is next to CDI College. They share the same building but different unit. Hope this info will help you to find the location. Drop-in sessions Mon-Fri 9am till 12pm, 12pm till 3pm, 3pm till 6pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your information. I am a new guy here and would like to take part in some badminton clubs. maybe the best news for me is the Sunridge Badminton Centre which is coming, but for club, I mean for a at least intermidiate level, do you guys have any suggestion for me? Thank you so much. By the way, I live in Whitehorn now, so closer will be better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend that you join the drop-in session first. Get to know the players and form your own group. Many of the groups in Vancouver started that way. You can decide the level of players you want to accept in your group. Since you are new there, this will be a good opportunity meeting new friends!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a reminder, SBC do have in house policies that all members must abide to. Only SBC authorized coaches are allowed to coach at the facility. So if you are interested to coach there please contact Richard first. You are NOT allow to just book a court and conduct your own coaching session without prior approval from SBC management. Not even your own family members!!! NO black soled shoes or street shoes are allowed on the courts. However Yonex or Victor shoes with black sole are okay due to the non marking material used to make them. Keep the courts clean for all members to enjoy!!! No foods or drinks on courts please!! No soliciting please. Do not offer or conduct business activities which are being offer at the facility ie. stringing/selling badminton accessories(racquets, shuttlecocks). More details will be outlined in the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STRING View Post
    As a reminder, SBC do have in house policies that all members must abide to. Only SBC authorized coaches are allowed to coach at the facility. So if you are interested to coach there please contact Richard first. You are NOT allow to just book a court and conduct your own coaching session without prior approval from SBC management. Not even your own family members!!! NO black soled shoes or street shoes are allowed on the courts. However Yonex or Victor shoes with black sole are okay due to the non marking material used to make them. Keep the courts clean for all members to enjoy!!! No foods or drinks on courts please!! No soliciting please. Do not offer or conduct business activities which are being offer at the facility ie. stringing/selling badminton accessories(racquets, shuttlecocks). More details will be outlined in the website.
    So is SBC opened now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, SBC is estimated to open at the end of May. It is only an early reminder to those who might be interested to coach or conduct business activities at the facility. There were several similar issues at the badminton centres in Vancouver. SBC is hoping that it won't repeat in Calgary. Keep checking the update on the opening date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy smokes, just checked out the website. $12 drop in on Friday from 8pm-12am for MEMBERS only. So even for members, you still hafta pay a whooping $12 fee!!!!!!!! @_@

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SBC will make adjustment to some figures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SBC has updated its website. Check out the new rates!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think your guest fee's are still too high (or membership too low). I mean, 5 visits and it's the same as the membership for the year.

Also, the 15 visit pre-purchase package is a strange number. I would have thought 10 would make more sense to get a discount.

Also, what is happening at the facility from 6-11 on Monday to Thursday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City of Calgary requires SBC to have membership format. So the annual membership fees is very minimal. SBC is encouraging all players to become member. It is better to join as member than pay each visit. 15 visit pre-purchase is a very reasonable figure considering the amount of investment by SBC shareholders. There may be bonus if you purchase more!!! Currently SBC only offer court booking from 6-11pm on Mon - Thursday, all day for Saturday and Sunday. Some courts will be reserved for coaching/lessons. So, organize your group and choose the day/time then reserve the courts when SBC start operating. Many individual/families and groups have contacted Richard for court booking. Act fast before your preferred day/time being taken up by others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Richard's Contact

If you need further info, call Richard at (604) 240-0088. He may keep you update of the latest progress.
    I've tried calling Richard many times, but no one is picking up. Would you have his email by any chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't suppose the same group would be interested in building a similar facility in Edmonton (maybe not 16 courts but 8 would be good)? I get down to Calgary sometimes but can only play nights, with no drop in at night I'd be stuck having to go to one of the other clubs.

Are you going to allow the ability to "rent" a court on a singular basis such as they do in asia or are you allowing only recurring bookings?
    Last edited by druss; 05-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tekchusong, Richard is back in Calgary now. You can call him at the same number again.

Druss, SBC takes single booking as well as regular bookings. So it is not a problem for you as long as there are courts available, you can book it anytime you like. Edmonton's market is too small compared with the amount of investment required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tekchusong, Richard is back in Calgary now. You can call him at the same number again.

Druss, SBC takes single booking as well as regular bookings. So it is not a problem for you as long as there are courts available, you can book it anytime you like. Edmonton's market is too small compared with the amount of investment required.
    I see, is there any plan on making an online booking system? My problem is that while I'm down in Calgary 3-4 times a month, I don't have any friends down there to play with so booking a court by myself wouldn't be much fun.

As for the market in Edmonton, there are 21 clubs in Edmonton (check the EDBA website), and I know the two that I'm a part of are always looking for another night to play as well as better facilities. The issue here is that it's either a school gym or one of the 3 private clubs. I can't really see how Calgary's market is that much larger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SBC has no plan for on-line booking system yet. Get to know some of the players in Calgary and you can join them when you are there. It happen a lot in Vancouver. Once you make a request, many groups will invite you to join them.Thanks for the feedback on Edmonton.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no pics? i think any new facility deserves a few photos...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast