right side more developed?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by IX-MATT-XI, Feb 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. IX-MATT-XI

IX-MATT-XI Regular Member

student
    does anyone else find there racket side is alot more developed and toned then there other side?, for instance my whole right arm and peck is alot bigger and more developed then my left. Is this just me?, if so should I be concentrating on my left side at the gym to even it out?
    thankyou.

Srry if this is in the wrong section.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    it is almost same with everyone that do not understand how to train their body (or rarely train their body)
    since most of us always relying on one side of our body (for example like you said, racket side) only one arm that is trained and another one neglected
    also, when people train their arm, they tend to overdo their main arm (right or left handed)

if you want to get proportioned body (and arm) try to concentrate on your left body

3. visor

visor Regular Member

if lin dan and fu hai feng can have one arm way bigger than the other, so can you and I :D

4. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

Humans are not symmetrical to begin with so one side (usually the dominant) is "larger".
    The non dominant will also grow (even if used significantly less) just not at the exact same rate, it's called cross education.

5. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

I always start training my non dominent side first i.e. right handed start with left..

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

One weight training trick is to train the weaker side to failure and then do the same number of reps on the strong side - this will stop the strong side getting too far ahead.

I'm pretty asymmetrical myself - 17.5 right arm and 16.75 left (but, weirdly, my left tricep is stronger than my right one:confused:).

7. Sentinel604

Sentinel604 Regular Member

I fix stuff
    That's in inches right?

Stronger but what about stamina?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

The human body is naturally asymmetrical. The left arm and leg length is not the same as the right. Even feet sizes between right and left are different. The left eye does not necessarily have the same acuity as the right. The heart is on the left while the liver is on the right. Etc etc etc.

To make it short, it doesn't matter functionally and structurally. Perhaps cosmetically, but from a performance point of view it doesn't matter one bit.

9. Sentinel604

Sentinel604 Regular Member

I fix stuff
    Don't want to turn this into a flamers thread but have u ever seen a guy that's built and get beaten up by some skinny ass dude?

There's a difference between muscle density and muscle size, so there will be a difference in functionality and structurally

But to answer Matt's question, you can pump weights at the gym with your left arm to "match" the size of your arm for cosmetic purpose or whatever you intend to do with your left arm

Not going to do you any harm or anything if you have mismatched arm sizes

Just so you have an idea my left forearm is 11.5" and my right is 13"

#9 Sentinel604, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  10. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    If its inferiority complex bothering you, check out people who plays bowling....