Yonex VT 70 better or Z slash better for dbl...???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by GuoWei, Feb 6, 2011.

1. GuoWei

GuoWei Regular Member

Product Consultan
    Hi All,

I need some review from you guy that VT70 or Z slash better ? Because i need to get it to play Double and will like to get a NEW racket....

Thank You for your FeedBack

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Honestly? Don't like either for doubles. The rackets I use for doubles are the Arc10, AT900T/P and BS10.

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Out of the 2 the Voltric 70 is better for doubles
    and the Arcsaber Z Slash is better for singles but can be still used for doubles.
    The voltric 70 has a sound filter which makes and high pitch sounds which might distract you when play a smash.
    I would prefer to play with an Arcsaber 10 or Armotec 900 Power or Technique or even a Nanospeed 9900.

4. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Of the two raquets I found the VT70 to be far easier to play with for doubles (and for singles as well for that matter). Can I ask what you are playing with now? I'm curious why you've narrowed it down to those two particular raquets.

5. kudamas

kudamas New Member

May I ask how much is VT 70 in Singapore? Thanks.

6. GuoWei

GuoWei Regular Member

Product Consultan
    Kudamas: VT70 is retailing @ 225 in SG. How much in TW ???

Thunder: Thank for ur feed back... I am using Z slash now but was thinking to get VT70 for my AT700 replacement because AT700 give way...sad!!!

Drew: Thank for ur feedback too.. I dun like nano9000/9900 or arcsaber 10 cos the feeling not right for me.... I am think to get VT70 cos is a replacement for my AT700....

Druss: Thank for ur feedback...:)

7. druss

druss Regular Member

I know the VT70 is the newest racket and that has a certain appeal but if you already use a Z slash and had an AT700 before (both stiff flex rackets) I don't know if you'd like the VT70 which is a medium flex racket. I personally don't like medium stiff rackets from the ones I've tried in the past so will probably not even consider the VT70. Maybe if they come out with a VT90 or something which was stiff I would consider it.

8. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    If you used to use a AT700, then I think the VT70 would better suit you. Personally I thought that the VT70 and the AT700 feels similar. Well that also depends if it's the new or old AT700. I felt that the VT70 is stiffer then the old AT700 but a little more flexible then the new AT700. The feel is closer to the old AT700 then the new one, because the old AT700 is little less head heavy then the new on and a little bit more flexible.

Of course the VT70 is not as head, and the racket actually feels light. However, you can feel that the weight is concentrated around the head. Upon impact, the VT70 has less vibration, but I think the AT700 actually gives better feed back or feel of the shot. Power wise I think the AT700 is better, but the VT70 being less head heavy allows you to move it quicker.

If you're sensitive to where the shaft flexes, the VT70 shaft flexes in the lower region of the shaft where as the AT700 shaft flexes in the mid shaft.

Even though the racket is rated as mid flex, it feels more on the stiff side. To me, the closest racket in comparison is the AT900T. If you like the AT900T, you'll for sure like the VT-70.

9. drew tze en

The Arcsaber Z Slash is not that head heavy
    it is an even balanced racket but there is more weight towards the head

10. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    IMO, AT700 is a better racquet than both the VT70 and Zslash.

11. drew tze en

no I think the Arcsaber Z Slash for a more explosive game

12. thunder.tw

If you are already playing with a Z-slash the perhaps it might be best to buy a spare Z-slash or keep your money in your pocket. One thing I can tell you from long experience in switching between raquets (I currently have 2 900Ps, an Arcsaber 10 PG, a Voltric 70 and a 3rd gen Ti10 in by bag) is that switching plays havoc with your consistency. If you're really set on getting a head heavy stiff raquet you might be best served waiting for the Voltric 80 to come out and seeing if you can get a demo session with it.

I've also heard great things about the Victor line of of headheavy racquets but, I have never tried any.

#12 thunder.tw, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  13. GuoWei

GuoWei Regular Member

Product Consultan
    Deaw: i agree with u.... Z slash is very power full

Urameatball: haha you can try Z slash to smash a person. I am very sure that that person will have a blue black on that spot. Because i have try it already.. At700 is not that power in smash...

14. GuoWei

GuoWei Regular Member

Product Consultan
    Bad-fanatic: Thank for your feeds back. I think i will buy VT70 but the problem is that VT80 going to come out soon.... Was wondering to wait or to buy....sad

15. volcom

volcom Regular Member

For me the AT700 produces much more powerful smashes than Arc z :)

16. GuoWei

GuoWei Regular Member

Product Consultan
    Thunder: U haven tell mi the price !!!!! but too bad i can't have a try on the racket because my place over here do not offer try out ... only if u buy

17. thunder.tw

The price of what? The VT 80? If that is what you mean I have no idea as it hasn't been released yet. I'm assuming that it will be the same as any other past high end Yonex Raquet. Even then, pricing tends to be local. I bought my VT 70 here in Taiwan for about 4700 NT or $160.00 Canadian. In Vancouver I would expect to pay about $250.00. Both include strings.

18. drew tze en

It depends on someone's personal preference
    As I love the Arcsaber Z Slash !!! to me it one of the most explosive racket I have ever used

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I agree it all comes down to the individual user :).
    The Z slash was very whippy and good for quick smashes but was a little bit flexy for me and the timing was off due to such fast swing speeds.

20. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    If you're keen on the Voltric, I would say wait for the VT80. It doesn't hurt to wait awhile to get a racket that you really like. But that also depends on how long the wait is right?