User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe it was real fun... took me a few games to get warmed up .. but after that it was just great.. lotsa fun.. good laughs and stuff too

Dinner was good too.. although I was dead beat.. u guys really know how to put the heat!!

Hahah.. anyways yes.. im looking into a membership at the VRC..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol....I can't believe badrad only posted a pic of his eyes I will have to bring my camera next time so I can get a nice pic of him for BF.com

Badrad post the other pics you took when we were playing.

It was another great turn out and very fun to play everyone again. This time I got to know who was who under thier alias.

Thanks again txyu for coming, I hope you enjoyed the evening, looking forward to you next trip (next week!! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTT you said you were looking for private lesson, well if you decide to join VRC you can always come and practise with Timeless and I on Friday evenings. We normally practise for about 4 hours and we do not play any games that night. We concentrate on developing our techique and stroke play. Timeless has had lots of great advice and tips from Darryl and Badrad.

If anyone else is interested in coming plz let us know but remember you have to be a member of VRC first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what time do you practice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants more info plz PM me or Timeless, I dont want to hijack the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Badrad, what with the cropped pic of just showing your eyes??? Trying to hide those bruises inflicted by Mrs. and little badrad? I gotta say that was the first time I've seen Badrad running all over the court not by choice

It was a great turn-out and thanks to Mr & Mrs. 15Love for helping sign the guests in and actually also getting the guest passes so that we can save a few bucks!

I think we almost got the whole BC BF.com posters out with some exceptions.

Gotta say that the online personality of some of the folks are quite different than in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    i wish i can be there! may be one of these days.
    wish i would there too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was crazy! But most fun I've ever had on court!
    mm... thx for all those people that put up wif me, esp 15-Love and Mr. 15-Love (had to put up wif me for 3 games )...
    um... appologies to Timeless... cuz I kinda set him up quite a few times during a one singles game
    EVERYONE ELSE WAS SOOOOO GOOD... felt like a complete beginner there >< I ended up sleeping for like 12 hrs afterwards
    For some reason I thought VRC was very cold... everytime I get off court I had to put my jacket back on to prevent myself from freezing over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Yeah, Badrad, what with the cropped pic of just showing your eyes??? Trying to hide those bruises inflicted by Mrs. and little badrad? I gotta say that was the first time I've seen Badrad running all over the court not by choice

It was a great turn-out and thanks to Mr & Mrs. 15Love for helping sign the guests in and actually also getting the guest passes so that we can save a few bucks!

I think we almost got the whole BC BF.com posters out with some exceptions.

Gotta say that the online personality of some of the folks are quite different than in person.
    Lot's of games around. The gym was rather busy so didn't get chance to play some of you last night.

mrs and little badrad are a strong team. last night would be a good example of "remove your partner from the equation". mrs. and little badrad are strong enough to control the game on my poor partner.

the action pixs i took unfortunately didn't come out too well in the gym. very dark and even with enhancing does not come out well. at least we have a pix of each - including my enthralling eyes!! hahahahahah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow...I get back home and already everyone's posted and the photos have been put up....
    You guys are fast!!!
    Thanks again for the great time. As busy as it was, we still managed to fit in lots and lots of games.
    Everyone there, even the so called beginners had a lot of skill. It was a pleasure to play with them all.
    If I end up moving to Vancouver and area, this could become a regular thing.

Although I believe Mrs. Winex wouldn't like it too much

Till next time everyone

Thanks again!!!!!!

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was like the longest "drop-in" session I ever had and I enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks txyu and timeless for giving valuable tips! To all my partners (JChen99, txyu, timeless, Seot, ...), thanks for covering when I made soo many mistakes...

haha..I was so tired that I almost fell asleep in the comfy chairs at the restaurant afterwards.....

Seot:

haha...ya...I'm looking into getting a membership at VRC...definitely worth the money.

Gryp:

u gonna join vrc?...maybe we can find some other people and join up as a group because I saw on the vrc website that if we join in a group of 5-9 people, we get 25% off the initiation fee!...(10 or more is 50% off)

WilloW:

I'm not looking for private lessons anymore because I don't have that much money to sustain it....if I do join vrc, I'll definitely come and practice with you guys. Thanks for the offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTT and Gryp

If you are conceaned about the initiation fee then you should join VRC in June because they have a special promotion on during June, July and August for $200 with no initiation fee and if you decide to stay on for the rest of the season after the offer you wont be charged the initiation fee, just the regular fee.

I'm pretty sure it works that way, can anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has VRC raised the fee for summer? It was $180 for the summer months (June-Aug) last year. Again, wished I could join but not being be make it out for more than once a week on a consistent basis means that I wouldn't be getting value for the fees paid.

Actually I am surprised that you guys remembered who you played with/against last night (there were so many games). I think I didn't get an opportunity to play with Seot & Badrad only and only a game or two with JChen and TTT.

I think Timeless left to play with someone else after he and I clashed our racquets (thankfully, no damage inflicted)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry didn't get chance to play some of you guys. mrs. and little badrad are practicing together for ladies doubles, and we were also trying out different mix doubles combos with lefty Paul.

Besides, this'll give some of you more time to practice up before playing me...

Hahahahahahahah! - Who called me "OLD"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Actually I am surprised that you guys remembered who you played with/against last night (there were so many games).
    Haha, actually I remembered faces then checked with the foto

Last night playing I was actually pretty amazed at how much people moved around in court... especially timeless... cuz he almost basically didnt! haha

After last night so many non-members wanna become member, but I find VRC a bit too far to drive (40 mins) to play baddy... but it's still tempting. Hope I get another chance to play there during my next semester break, hopefully by then I'll have a few more things figured out so I dun end up setting up the opponent up for smashes too often (appologies again for that horrible game Timeless )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you guys are thinking of joining the vrc, you should put yourselves on the waiting list. The membership is full right now according to the director

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    ... at least we have a pix of each - including my enthralling eyes!! hahahahahah!
    Badrad is clueing us in on his badminton secret... jedi mind tricks!

"Look deeeeeeeeeeep into my eyes... you will miss every shot in this game... when you hear me say: Game Point! you will wake up and not recall a thing..."

hehehe

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast