User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2nd Vancouver BF.com meet was a success. I had a great time, and it was really nice meeting friends, and putting faces to the names of new ones. I wish you were all VRC members so we could do this more often! It's cool to hear some of you are seriously considering joining soon. Hmmm... I think VRC should pay commission to us BF.com-VRC members for increasing their membership!

Thanks to all of you, it was a lot of fun and good games all around .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    I think Timeless left to play with someone else after he and I clashed our racquets (thankfully, no damage inflicted)
    I left to play with the new BF.com guests, not because we clashed hahaha~ . And no need to apologize, I was the one that felt bad since it was YOUR brand new demo Winex racquet I was using! Pretty tough for a 4U though, not a scratch on it. BTW, please let me know if you get the 3U version of it strung, I think the 4U may be too light for me and threw my timing off all night .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99
    Last night playing I was actually pretty amazed at how much people moved around in court... especially timeless... cuz he almost basically didnt! haha
    Hmmm you thought I hardly moved about the court? ... Perhaps one day you'll tell me why it seemed like I didn't .

After last night so many non-members wanna become member, but I find VRC a bit too far to drive (40 mins) to play baddy... but it's still tempting. Hope I get another chance to play there during my next semester break, hopefully by then I'll have a few more things figured out so I dun end up setting up the opponent up for smashes too often (appologies again for that horrible game Timeless ) [/B]
    Don't sweat it... You set me up to get SLAUGHTERED at the net by txyu only... 5 or 6 times that game! hahahaha~ I'm not sure who enjoyed it more... txyu or all the people spectating... they were all busting a gut watching me defend my life .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Sorry, I couldn't make it out on Sat. Maybe next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Has VRC raised the fee for summer? It was $180 for the summer months (June-Aug) last year. Again, wished I could join but not being be make it out for more than once a week on a consistent basis means that I wouldn't be getting value for the fees paid.
    Yes VRC has raised the price from $180 to $200 for this season.

The Value in joining VRC is that you get to play whenever you want, you get to play higher skilled players more often, you can practise, there is a gym aswell and you get to meet great ppl like Timeless and Badrad. You shouldn't look at it as value in how many times you can play in a month, it is not the same as playing at a community center. Members are only allowed to bring the same guest only once a month and only 6 times in a year.....

There is a waiting list at the moment but after May 1st it wont really matter since thats when the new season starts and some members dont renew thier membership.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WilloW
    Yes VRC has raised the price from $180 to $200 for this season.

The Value in joining VRC is that you get to play whenever you want, you get to play higher skilled players more often, you can practise, there is a gym aswell and you get to meet great ppl like Timeless and Badrad.
    Have you seen those eyes??? Jeepers, they scare the living daylights out of me!!!

You shouldn't look at it as value in how many times you can play in a month, it is not the same as playing at a community center. Members are only allowed to bring the same guest only once a month and only 6 times in a year.....
    But I don't play at a community centre and paying $200 for 13 weeks for once a week means that I pay $15.40 per session (not including costs of shuttles). Granted that I can play for as long as I want to. Still, I will probably drop in once every so often
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 04-29-2003 at 12:20 AM.

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've pretty much decided that I'm gonna join VRC...
    It might be my second home from now on....hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VRC and clubs are a lifestyle choice

Please - when you consider joining the VRC, you need to take into consideration that it is a lifestyle change. Once you become a member and get acquainted there will be a new wide range of options open to you to enjoy the sport. You cannot really equate it to a per-drop-in rate. If you do still keep that mentality, then really the VRC and other dedicated sport clubs really is not for you. Save your money and spend it on the community center drop-ins.

Not all members that join feel comfortable at the club. Saturday nights are generally more free ranging with more drop-ins. Newbies do often get frustrated with trying to fit in the club culture on other nights. Not all players will enjoy or take advantage of the various evening events and options for playing.

So just be sure to take that into consideration, so that you won't be disappointed and come off with a bad experience...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with Badrad. Many new members do not have good experiences at the club because they expect the same things as they would in a community drop in centre. It is generally more difficult to get games if one just drops in at the VRC on weeknights without pre-arranging the games with others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad, could not make it on last Saturday. Are there any plans for the next one?

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you badrad, 15Love and timeless for the valuable information!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank me by not complaining about the vrc or getting upset with the way things work there. i can almost garantee you will feel some frustration when you first venture into the other playing times during the week.

also, you can do all club members including yourself a big favour when you join by following and helping to enforce the rules. the rules are designed to ensure club members have a safe and equal environment to play in. it's YOUR club.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12