User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That's what the front door Buzzer is for!

There is a front door buzzer by the side of the door. Press that and someone will let you in. Come in the gym, look lost - we will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll be there... I've felt a LOT better today after 5 hrs of baddy...
    but til when I do not know... hope I'm not gonna be too big a burden... hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may also drop by to check out the action! I'm just usually just a lurker here so I hope no one minds.

Seot

Burnaby...and girls, don't PM SmashingBird, PM me instead..heh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can I come too?...I'm a beginner and for some reason...I'm in a "down" cycle....looking to get out of it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TTT
    can I come too?...I'm a beginner and for some reason...I'm in a "down" cycle....looking to get out of it..
    Of course you can . I already PM'd you, so lemme know if u need any other info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what time is everyone showing up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 15Love
    So, what time is everyone showing up
    I believed 8-ish pm (although I probably have to wait for Txyu to contact me when he gets into town).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    Remember to bring your own feather shuttles too...
    where can I buy them?? most places only have nylon ones....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could probably pick up a tube from WWC. You won't need too many shuttles, but you should chip some in when you are joining in a game or group. It is customary for a group of 4 players to each chip in one shuttle each at the start of the games. Often the group stays and plays more games together until the shuttles run out, at which time each players chips in evenly. At the end of the games, when you all break to play other people, often you toss the shuttle and see who it points to. Closest person gets that shuttle. makes it quite fair.

The thing worse than a guest who does not pay the drop-in fee, is that same guest mooches on shuttles too, followed closely by one who mooches shuttles and can't hit worth a crap and damages other's shuttles with their poor stroking!
    Last edited by badrad; 04-26-2003 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you badrad for the information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could probably pick up a tube from WWC. You won't need too many shuttles, but you should chip some in when you are joining in a game or group. It is customary for a group of 4 players to each chip in one shuttle each at the start of the games. Often the group stays and plays more games together until the shuttles run out, at which time each players chips in evenly. At the end of the games, when you all break to play other people, often you toss the shuttle and see who it points to. Closest person gets that shuttle. makes it quite fair.

The thing worse than a guest who does not pay the drop-in fee, is that same guest mooches on shuttles too, followed closely by one who mooches shuttles and can't hit worth a crap and damages other's shuttles with their poor stroking!
    haha... dat's Y i got a whole tube... actually... 2 tubes... but I already tried playing with a few today. Feather feels so much more different than playing with nylon... might need some time to get used to it tomolo especially with the speed you guys prolly play at.

Btw, I know I prolly should post this in the equipment forum, but I think this may not apply to everyone. I got a tube of silver (victor) and it says it's for practice, and I checked the tube and I found most of them aren't that well made... feathers were already flipped different sized feathers etc... so I thought I should bring something better(dun wanna seem lik a cheapass =P) so I got a tube of gold... but I dunno it's just me or wut, but some of them were worst than the silver ones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99
    Btw, I know I prolly should post this in the equipment forum, but I think this may not apply to everyone. I got a tube of silver (victor) and it says it's for practice, and I checked the tube and I found most of them aren't that well made... feathers were already flipped different sized feathers etc... so I thought I should bring something better(dun wanna seem lik a cheapass =P) so I got a tube of gold... but I dunno it's just me or wut, but some of them were worst than the silver ones...
    From my experience, Victor Gold and Silver are quite similar in quality. They both wear out about as fast... the difference between them seems mostly in their weight and thus flight behaviour. You won't see a noticeable difference in shuttle life until you go up to Victor Blue, their tournament grade I think it is. And Victor Green, their top of the line(?), is even more noticeably resilient. At VRC, I've seen every grade from silver to green being used. The most common, that I've seen, being blue and green.

As long as the shuttles you bring are decent quality (last more than a few hard rallies without miss-hits) it won't matter what brand they are. As badrad says, be more concerned about miss-hitting and destroying perfectly good shuttles. Everyone miss-hits now and then but if you're a walking shuttle killer then people won't be able to AFFORD to play with you hehehe~ .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default silver and gold

victors were a low end attempt to stem the battle of inexpensive asian shuttles. the prices for the silver and gold were made competitive to many of the shuttles that players bring back from their shopping trips from China. It was also a brand that coaches or other dealers can sell.

Unfortunately the price matching didn't come close to the quality matching. Many of the low price shuttles from China are of acceptable play quality, while even the gold victor does not come close to matching it's own Victor Tourney (blues).

I bought some tubes of the gold and silvers when they first came out. The worse shuttles I had ever played without even considering their prices. From the local supplies, I'm quite happy with Sosan Black for day to day playing. The Green Yipu is cheaper and accceptable, but does change flight patterns after a few hits.

Serious games still call for Greens or Yonex AS50's.

BTW: there is supposed to be a new series of feather and synthetic shuttle coming out from Victor. There is a contest at the VRC for coming up with a new name for these shuttles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I should bring extra tubes of the Winex Tournament this evening

BTW, roll call from this evening:
    Timeless (& the missus);
    Badrad (& the missus & little badrad);
    15Love;
    WilloW;
    Myself (WWC);
    Gyrp;
    TTT;
    Seot;
    Txyu;
    JChen99;

Did I missed anyone else???
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 04-26-2003 at 11:54 AM.

RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that plays badminton pm me ~_^
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

how can u miss me, wwc....i m disappointed in u....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SmashingBird
    Well you know what they say about saving the best for last...

And what about DropSmash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SmashingBird
    Awhh...did I hurt your little feelings??? Didn't know that you were planning on coming considering that seniors have priority but with little badrad around, I don't see why not.

Oh yes, Dropsmash too.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast