Looking for Training Holiday Camp in KL

Discussion in 'Malaysia Coaching' started by bulujunkie, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bulujunkie

bulujunkie New Member

contractor
    Hello I am 33 years old. I used to train and compete in canada as a junior. I have been away from badminton for over 10 years. I started playing again last year. I have the basic fundamentals but lack trainng (technical and tactical). My stamina needs work and have developed some bad habits that need correcting. I love the game and I am very eager to improve! I am looking to go to Asia for 1 month to train and learn more about the game. Does anyone know a good place to train or some kind of program for foreigners that includes accomodation and training?

2. kakiku

kakiku New Member

sports management
  3. lookeong

lookeong Regular Member

IT Networking
  4. bulujunkie

bulujunkie New Member

contractor
    Thanks for the help I will get further info!

5. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    I didn't search thru the net, but I guess most of the holiday camp happen during our school holidays. But then again, this school holiday camp doesn't last for 1 month; the most I think is 5 to 7 days camp and mostly for children up to teenage. I guess for Asian, v r a bit shy to go for holiday camp at age of 33. I think u can go around KL badminton courts and ask to c which coach is suitable for u. Accomodation wise shouldn't be a problem because KL now has many budget hotels around. If u don't mind, u can contact me for some games when u r in KL. Good luck (to u in searching a coach in KL)!

6. bulujunkie

bulujunkie New Member

contractor
    i see your point! more freedom this way! i will consider going with the flow and see what i can find once i am there. I will definately message you once i am there. Thanks for the invite!

7. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

Badminton
    U can actually chek out Pro One Badminton Centre in Wangsa Maju (which is about 10km from city centre). This centre has about 20 over courts, and 1 of our ex national champion (in fact he was 3 times national champion) Mr. Ismail Saman is coaching down there. Surrounding has budget hotel, shopping complex and light rail transit, all within walking distance. But I doubt Pro One Badminton Centre has a web page.