Victor machine c-7031

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by baddy67, Feb 7, 2011.

1. baddy67

baddy67 Regular Member

Hi there,

Doest anyone string with a VICTOR C-7031. if so please let me know. i am struggling to know the way to get around the machine and how to mount the racket. as im not sure im doing it right since the racket is turning out a bit egg shaped, especially near the end of the bottom of the racket. even with low tension such as 22lbs.

Please guide me you MASTER stringers out there!!!

2. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    0aba95104ad04d44655cc12af027c197.jpg
    Nice looking machine, looks like a Eagnas Combo 8010 base. Are the 6/12 o'clock post hold down or floating?

3. baddy67

baddy67 Regular Member

the 6/12 oclock post are hold down i think. because when i put the racket in, on top of the racket there is a silver looking thing to place on top. then i need to lock it in. the first picture on the top right shows what i mean if u dont understand my english haha. hope you can help me out!

4. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    You may need to pull the towers back or away from each other, so the racket frame fits snuggly, but not so much it's actually pulling on the frame. Also try to center the frame as much as possible, with the center crosses in the center of the turntable. This will help minimize frame distortion when you are pulling tension.

5. baddy67

baddy67 Regular Member

I see..should the towers be even on each side?
    sorry I don't seem to understand by what u mean centre the frame as much as possible...because when I mount the racket shouldn't it already be centered?!

6. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I think Covina means that when you mount the racquet, that the centre of the racquet head should be approximately above the axis of rotation of the turntable. In most cases, it could be out as the two end supports may have been set for tennis which is significantly longer - so move the towers together, then adjust them so that they lock such that the racquet head is centered. You can adjust the end supports in and out by winding the knob. The racquet should be slightly firm, before adjusting the side supports to make contact and be firm such that the racquet does not move when you are tensioning.

7. baddy67

baddy67 Regular Member

i have done everything you have said JOHNLOWE88 and COVINASTRINGER...and yes from a round racket to much better shape. still a little bit egg shape though. but hey im not too sure how thin the racket is supose to be. anyone got any pictures? still need to make it a big longer...
    ALSO...i know this a stupid Q, but just to make sure. when stringing at a high tension such as 28lbs, of course the racket will go round a bit right? or should it still stay in its shape? thanks though for putting time into writing to my post. much appreciated! im starting to like posting! hopefully when i get good at stringing and keeping its shape i can help others. =]

8. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Ok. Usually the way to test how bad it is, is when the racquet head is not strung, trace the outline - inside and outside on a piece of paper, then after stringing it, place it on the paper and see where it is different. I am told that a change in length of a couple of mm should be no issue. Certainly I don't generally string at this high tension, and my racquets don't appear to change much at all.

A question though, after stringing - before you remove it from the clamps, does it appear to be rounded? The side supports are supposed to help the racquet head keep its shape. When you loosen the side supports - do they appear to be pressing a lot harder than before stringing? You can normally feel from the winding knob if it is under a lot of tension. Does the racquet head look rounder now before removing the top and throat supports? If it seems to squash down when removing the top and throat support - that would suggest that the mains tension is higher than the crosses. You do know that the mains strings are those that go from top to throat (or t joint), i.e. in line with the handle - and the crosses are right angles to the handle - right?

Also, you don't appear to mention what the racquet is - what is it? Take a photo of the racquet head for us to look at - this would help. Also show us how you mount the racquet on the stringing machine.

To answer your question about stringing at high tension, a lot of people here on the forum do string at 28lbs and don't have an issue with the racquet head changing shape very much at all.

By the way, my name is John, and I live in Dundas, a suburb of Sydney.

9. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Hi - I see you have another thread talking about this also. Your racquet is a Armortec 900 - I think you said that you are stringing the crosses top down, but Yonex recommends going from throat up. Maybe you should try stringing it according to Yonex instructions first, so that you get used to stringing first before you change. See this link...

http://www.yonex.com/badminton/stringing_instructions/index.html

P.S. You do have a genuine Yonex - right?

#9 johnlowe88, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  10. red_dragon

red_dragon Regular Member

baddy67's Yonex Armotec 900 is an original :)

11. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Ok - just wanted to check.

12. jameslau

jameslau New Member

Medical doctor
    Hi Baddy67,

Just wonder where did you buy this machine and how much is it ? Is it a good reliable machine ? I am thinking of getting one in future.

Thanks

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Related Machine: C-7030

johnlowe88 is correct about centering the middle cross to the center of the turntable and the feel of the bottom shoulder suppports pressing hard against the knobs. Unfortunately, C-7030 has one column permanently fixed to the turntable. Therefore, it is not possible to center the frame as suggested. As a result, one has to lengthen the frame by quite a bit in order for the frame not to come out short and rounded. ​

14. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Pete, this machine is a C-7031 so it should not have this problem. At least the picture supplied by Covina shows knobs under each column, which implies that it is movable. On the other hand, I have been wondering whether or not have the center cross in the middle is any better - I always do it this way though. Maybe the next generation of the turntables would allow movement in directions orthogonal to the string such that the string being pulled is in-line to the gripper. I.e. the turntable could move right angles to the string such that the angle through the grommet would be a more or less straight line. It might take a bit of engineering to accomplish this - but would it help? Maybe some thought for the future.

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes John, the OP mentioned the C-7031 but I briefly diverted our attention to the C-7030.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Necro: Paul and I may be using this one at the All England next month, so I can do a very detailed review if people want one (and I'm allowed:)).

17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    You will be allowed. I will be keeping hold of this machine after All Englands. I'm really looking forward to stringing on it.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I should be heading over to Paul's to have a look around the machine and check the calibration before we take it down to Birmingham, so I'll try and remember to get some pics. We might be able to send a racket through as well (if either of us have any we wouldn't miss if the worst happened;)).

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I had the pleasure of Mark's company last night so he could string a racket on 7031 before All Englands. We also wanted to calibrate the machine although we were missing key instructions and therefore had to work it out. We didn't quite finish the job last night but I finally understand it this evening and recorded near perfect results.

We are now ready to commence final preparations for All Englands next week when we will be stringing for Korean players and hopefully the other Victor sponsored players.

We will take plenty photosgraphs and post as often as we can.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Tip #1: don't put your finger into the cooling fan.

Lots of pics to follow once we get down there.