Wilson Demo Day (Sunday Feb 13th, 2011 @ 10am-12pm) Sunnyvale Community Center

Discussion in 'USA West' started by baopen, Feb 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. baopen

baopen Regular Member

Interested in trying out Wilson latest BLX rackets and maybe win a BLX racket and some 2011 Badminton calendar? Then, you should come by during the Wilson Sunnyvale Demo Day on February 13, 2011.

There you can also watch some games and meet Wilson sponsored players such as Holvy De Pouw, Boston Open Champion - Doubles / Mixed Doubles.

Date: Sunday - February 13th, 2011
    Time: 10am - 12pm
    Sunnyvale Community Center ( Indoor Sports Center Gymnasium )
    550 E. Remington Dr.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Questions about this event? Email us at usbadminton@gmail.com

2. baopen

baopen Regular Member

Wilson Latest Racket for 2011 - BLX Zonar

During the Wilson Demo Day on Sunday February 13th on Sunnyvale Community Center (Indoor Sports Gymnasium), check out Wilson latest racket - BLX Zonar and BLX Blade.

Attached is an image from Wilson.

Wilson_Boston_Champion_2010_Holvy_DePauw.jpg

3. angeleyes1c13

angeleyes1c13 Regular Member

I'm trying to find out more information about the Blade BLX because I'm interested in buying it. Wilson themselves doesn't have it on their website. Badmintonalley.com lists it as being head heavy with a balance point of 29.8 cm. I understand that the higher the balance point, the more head heavy a racket is. The problem is that it's conflicting on different website sometimes. For example, the 2011 Wilson Zonar BlX has a balance point of 31.0 cm, but badmintonalley.com lists it as an even balance racket.

I just want to make sure that the Blade BLX is indeed head heavy before I buy it. I just don't understand why manufacturers don't use words like "head heavy" or "head light" instead of confusing consumers with numbers that may not mean much. And I think it's stupid on Wilson's part not to have any information about their new line of 2011 rackets. So far, only badmintonalley.com and badmintonavenue.com are the only merchants that have any information about this racket.

4. hitabird

hitabird Regular Member

I'm in Saigon of Vietnam and have paid a visit to the authorised shop in town but they only have: Blade, Zen (?), Sword (?). So now I'm coming up to the final decision choosing between : BLX Blade, or K- Blaze .

My premier selection range is: Speed then Manuever then Power. And what the Wilson describe the BLX Blade is: High flex and Solid feel, this has been confusing me much.

My first impression voted to the K - Blaze bkz it feel nice & crisp in my hand. But my mind is still considering all the better feature of BLZ ads imcomparison with the older version K-factor. So please help me out of this.

Thank you for all !!!