BG 68 Ti - Your experiences

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mnanchala, Apr 2, 2003.

1. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    All,

I recently got my Ti-10(Long, of course) strung with BG 68 Ti at 24 lbs.

The first day I used it, the bird was all over the racquet except on the string bed. OK, getting used to the Long racquet takes time.

After that day the racquet just exploded everytime I played with it. No regrets with the Ti-10 and 68Ti combo. But my issue is, the strings get so out of place somedays (sometimes for every shot I play) I wonder why :confused: . The stringer is reputable and moreover Kwun trusts him - so I don't think he strung it any lower than 24 lbs.

Anyone experienced this?

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    What do you mean when you say the string is so out of place? Do you mean the string moves out of its original position?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there can be two reasons for it.

firstly, as i think i have reported it before, bg68-ti is a slippery string, you can feel that it is slippery by touching it, and also it feels more slippery during play.

second, it may be because you string is still pretty new. after a few more sessions, you will find that little dents will appears where the strings meet and they will help the string stay in place.

the slippage you see is a combination of the two.

4. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    Pete - yeah, I mean it moves out of place and you have to fix it. Something we deliberately do when we are out of breath before receiving a serve ;-)

Kwun - you may be right about the string bed not settling in especially for this string.

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I agree with Kwun
    my BG-65Ti and BG-68Ti slide about quite a bit even at 26lb and 28lb. The Ti coating is supposed to make them slippery so that when the strings do rub together they don't fray and so increase the durability.

my BG-65 and BG-66 don't slide about so much