Yonex VT7 or VT5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Anandkumar_23, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Anandkumar_23

Anandkumar_23 Regular Member

Software
    Hi All,

I need some feedback from you guys about VT7, planning to buy a new racket after a huge search i narrow down VT7 and VT5 (both the models fit into my budget). Kindly suggest which one shall i go for? Feel free to recommend me if some other models falls under my budget as well.

Use to play doubles for all time.

Advance thanks for recommendation.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#3 demolidor, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  3. Anandkumar_23

Software
    Thanks a ton Demolidor.

[FONT=&quot]I bought VT7 last week and found its doing well. As you mentioned above its light and very handy for quicker reaction. I will post the shaft number with cone number to confirm the legitimacy shortly.[/FONT]

4. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

Can u help to provide some feedback on VT7 in term of power and control as compare to your previous racket? Thanks.

5. Anandkumar_23

Software
    Hola,
    Sure will provide my feedback but give a week time r so. It’s been a week past hence will need some more time to share my experience as well.

6. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

Thanks Anandkumar. Looking forward to your feedback.

7. Anandkumar_23

Software
    Yonex VT7 experience.

Here are the outcomes of my experience after last couple of weeks playing.
    My VT7 specification:-
    String: BG68 TI.
    String tension: 24lbs.
    Grip: Prokennex.
    The VT7 seemed great and I’m enjoying using it. My observation was that my shuttle control has improved slightly but I didn't feel that my backhand and smashing power were improved as significantly. I use to play with feather shuttle yet to try with the plastic ones. One of the key benefits is the weight that the racquet has. Lesser weight allows reacting quicker in front and able to defend better. It’s been a head heavy racquet my smash speed it good as well. Overall a good racquet, which does everything very well.
    I bought this racquet from Sports Supplier Chennai but yet to clarify the legitimacy. Hope its not required anymore to get clarify the racquet legitimacy bcoz since this is my third racquet from Sports Supplier, after all my experience I strongly believed that they are selling original Yonex equipment.

8. silverprince

silverprince Regular Member

software
    Anand,I'm also looking to for a heavy head racket(4U) around 2k INR.Nice to hear abt vt7.Is there any similar one's like voltric 7 which came recently.?Wats the Price which u got it from sports suppliers.

9. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

Related to the VT5 and VT7. Is anyone here from SG? has the VT5 and VT7 arrived yet? Do you know the cost? thanks.

10. Anandkumar_23

Software
    Prince, First of all VT7 is not a head heavy racquet its more like an even balance racquet with flex stiff. If you keenly looking for a 4U (80 -84.9g) dont think head heavy racquets are available in this category. Any how i’m not sure on the same you can post your queries in general thread for more info.

11. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I have NS990 and TI10. I had tried VT7 from my friend. You can feel the weight NS990 at T joint and VT7 at frame. It is not very head heavy but slightly. Clear from end to end baseline is good with NG98 at 24lbs.

12. madik

madik Regular Member

student
    hi, i am using vt5 now for about 1 year and i am planning to change my racket to vt7, my concern is when i am using vt5 the shuttle always hot the frame. i ask my friend which more advance then me to give a try and he also have similar problem.why do you think it is happen .thanks in advance

13. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

usually this problem usually is due to the medium stiffness of the racket. when you swing differently, the racket doesn't return back to its optimal shape in time when you do a longer stroke/back stroke than if you use a snap stroke.

try using a stiffer racket, the VT9 is coming out soon and apparently stiffer and you can string it at a higher tension :D

14. madik

madik Regular Member

student
    my problm with stiffer racket is my hand not have enough power to bare stiffer racket..:p

when would the vt9 available in the market?

15. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member