Badminton Summer Camp, GuangXi, China. June - August 2011

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by fbamanager, Feb 10, 2011.

1. fbamanager

fbamanager New Member

[FONT= ]Featherland Badminton Center Presents[/FONT][FONT= ] [/FONT][FONT= ][/FONT]
    2010 Badminton Summer Camp In China
    [FONT= ]With Guangxi, China Province Team[/FONT][FONT= ][/FONT]
    [FONT= ]June - August, 2011[/FONT][FONT= ][/FONT]​
    Are you ready for more intensive trainings with professionals? Join Coach Lili for the 4th year Badminton Summer Camp in Guangxi, China. This is a great opportunity to improve your skill, footwork, endurance and strategies. You will be training and living with the future Olympians for 4 weeks! In addition to the training, we will visit different clubs and cities during the break time.

Requirements:
    Level: Intermediate or Advanced( Beginners are welcome, but will be in a different program)
    Training hours: 6 hours a day (8-11am and 3-6pm)

Facilities and highlights:

Guangxi Province Team
    (Address: 11 Jiang Nan St. Jiang Nan District. Nan Ning, Guangxi, China)

Brand new badminton gym & weight room
    Three professional instruction and coaching, and three assistant coaches.
    Air conditioning rooms, toilets/shower inside, internet access, TV, wash machine, game room, entrainment near by( on your own experience) Food served with Chinese and American style buffet

Fees:
    $1600 for 4 weeks of training (This is includes coaching, shuttlecocks, housing, and meal)

To sign up please contact Manager JJ for the application form. E-mail fbamanager@gmail.com tel: 6509965969 or 9497059988

2. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Any idea when the specific dates are?

I'm considering going to this again.

3. fbamanager

fbamanager New Member

The time is really flexible for students, you can choose any day during June 1st to August 31st to make you own schedule. And we collect the money daily. If you have interested to know more detail about this,please send me the e-mail at fbamanager@gmail.com!
    Thank you!

4. fbamanager

fbamanager New Member

Here is the student after2010 summber camp:

Dear Lili,

I am not sure if you remember me from camp last summer in 2010, the short one with short hair and glasses. Well either way, I would like to thank you for your camp and explain how it's helped me grown after completing the month of training. I was first motivated to come to your camp after a disappointing tournament where my weakness was exposed with teams constantly flick serving me. My inconsistency and lack of power made it the obvious strategy to use against me off the serve. After that, I told myself I never want to be put in that situation like that again where I would feel helpless and unable to help my team win a game in this way. During camp I was always looking for ways to gain more power or learn to increase it, but you said power and strength should not be my first concern. Instead you told me to work on making better shots and concentrate on consistency. After returning home, everything significantly slowed down and for the first week I was playing with my friends in men's doubles games. Unfortunately school started, and the amount of time I could play started to decrease. Over time, I loss the muscle mass I had gained from camp and started to feel my game slow down, but I felt I could think and play at the same pace, only my body was much more tired from doing so. I started to realize that the most important part of my game is my speed, and that it made everything significantly easier from being able to hold the bird longer, anticipating my opponents shots and making smarter decisions by giving myself more time. At that point I have thrown away the idea that I must have strength and power to get better (although I still believe it is important to have some power still) since it was more frustrating trying to train something my body isn't really built for. Instead I have been concentrating on my speed so I can make smarter plays on the court and set myself and my partner up. It has been a month since I started working out my legs again and although I do not feel I am in top shape (after coming back from camp), it feels great to be able to at least play the way I want to. As for the update, just this last weekend (Apr 2nd and 3rd) was the tournament that I was most disappointed in myself in, the same one that got me motivated to improve myself. I can tell you that my power has not increased since losing my muscle mass and not getting much smashing practice. Most of the teams I played against were mens doubles teams (it's a special team tournament) and most of the teams flicked served me constantly. But the difference this year in comparison to last year is that I am more confident and knew where I should place the shuttle. My game has significantly changed as well since the beginning of camp and maybe even at the end. I know my driving skills improved after camp, but I learned very early that men's doubles was too fast of a game for me and that I needed to play smarter and slow the game down to my own speed in order to be able to play the type of game I want. I do not rush to kill birds even at the front of the net now that I have found the best position the bird should be to have the highest percentage of a net kill. I am more patient and prefer to wait for a good chance to finish the rally and best of all, I constantly think and observe my opponent's style and adjust my play and position should I have to.

I still have a lot to learn, and although it would be exciting to come to camp again, at the moment the finances are one of the biggest factors affecting my decision. I should probably also tell you the end result of the tournament and that our team won (well sort of). Let's just say we entered two teams and when the both of us were split into two different brackets of the tournament, my team dominated on one side and the other team dominated the other side. And although we never played against our other team, they are by far the stronger team which makes me once again looking to improve my game, but it's been a struggle to balance out school and badminton at the same time, especially trying to keep myself fit. But it's part of the process and I'm sure by this time next year, I'll have learned even more new ways to improve. I really just want to say thanks to you and all the coaches again for everything I've learned this past year and I would have never been able to be this good today without the camp so thank you and I wish you the best in growing your camp so other people get the chance to learn from you.

Renee Au

5. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Again.... as a warning to you good shuttler's:
    Do not be fooled.

I don't think it is the real "GuangXi Provincial Team." 1st of all, I have talked to the coordinator and he told me the headquarters of the camp in the States. I needed year round training and he told me no coaches or players were staying there. The head office was in USA. that doesn't make any sense. why does the GuangXi provincial team train in USA? Secondly, the number one Men's singles player from GuangXi practices and trains here with the Dongguan city team in Guangdong (the province adjacent to GuangXi) He doesn't play in Nanning. He plays in a place called "Century City" in Dongguan city, Nancheng District. He tried to join the national team, but he wasn't good enough. So he went back to Dongguan.

So, my advice is: Go at own risk.
    you may learn a lot, (depending on your level) but I feel (I am not sure, but I am basing my opinion on the information I know) this is false advertising. Your not playing with the provincial team. In China, the GuangXi team is not good anyway. If you want to play badminton you need to be in either GuangDong, Hunan, or Beijing. I am currently training in Dongguan with a coach who made it on the national team, but was told to leave soon after because he had a bad heart. He trained in Hunan with Bao Chunlai back in the day. Once he has trained me enough, he will send me to Hunan. My girlfriend is a university student in Nanning. I have been there many times. It's a very poor place. It's beautiful, but it is very poor. the badminton there is not good either. I played a young man who is training full time in Nanning. I beat him 21 - 8, 21 - 18. If your looking for "real badminton training," Go to GuangDong, Hunan, or Beijing.

6. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Actually, the young man from GuangXi that plays in Dongguan was "Purchased" for 500,000 yaun from the GuangXi provincal team. The owner of Century City "bought" him. The man who own's Century City is one of the richest maen in China. He has "Purchased" many players from all over China. he has bought some players from the Hunan team as well as the Hubei team. He has Hired one of the best coaches in China to "coach his team." The "Century City Badminton Team." These players train 5 - 6 hours everyday and are all sponsored by Li-ning, Pro Kennex, and one guy is sponsered by Victor. So the best in player in GuangXi was purchased from the provincal team a long time ago. As said before, he tried to join national team and wasn't good enough. He cannot play with Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, or Chen Jin. Maybe he can get 2 or 3 points of those players. I have played with this boy. I lose 21 - 15, 21 - 14. Thats not bad for a Canadian player. I am sponored myself in China by FZ FORZA. The GuangXi provincal team is poor. they have no money. the next time I go to Nanning I will take some photo's of some the badminton gyms. You don't want to play there. There are so many reasons why this camp is not real. The coaches they say are "Professional Coaches" are probably old retired players that "look" chinese but are really washed up, no name players from USA. They make the camp in "China" because everybody knows China has the best badminton. Western badminton players don't know anything about Chinese badminton. Badminton is NOT good everywhere in China. you need to be in the right place. GuangXi is not one of those places.