User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 178
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Iskandar is another potential. Given proper guidance he will shine but where would it come from? The only hope in BAM right now would be under Hendrawan. As for Zulfadli, he has 1 very big problem = stamina. This was always discussed among his dad and those BJJS coaches during the Asian Juniors Championship. These 2 players together with LWS are the future flag bearers.
    Saw him (Iskandar) play against Tian Houwei in 2009 AJC final. His lack of stamina has got to do with the way he plays. He has the talent no doubt, but he lacks the patience to slowly win the points off his opponent. His aggressive style of play is taking a toll on him if his opponent has a good recovery and defence. In the end, he gets tired himself and start to lose confidence.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    For me, I think......
    Tan Chun Seang (25 this year)
    Chong Wei Feng (24 this year)
    Liew Daren (24 this year)
    Chan Kwong Beng (23 this year)
    Mohd Arif Abdul Latif (22 this year)
    Goh Soon Huat (21 this year)......

    Maybe has to add LWS......
    TCS is too injury prone, not much time for him to catch up..the rest..talented but lack the mental strength, probably it is time take them out from Rashid's stable put them under a different coach for a different approach.

  3. #37
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zulfadli zulkifli...
    Misbun Ramdan Misbun...

    Hot prospect

  4. #38
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Future MAS Mens Singles players with hot prospects

    Quote Originally Posted by kamean View Post
    Zulfadli zulkifli...
    Misbun Ramdan Misbun...

    Hot prospect
    .
    We are now talking about future MAS Mens Singles players with hot prospects.

    Actually, I was talking about;
    'Who will be the MAS No.2 Mens Singles player in 2011?'.
    .

  5. #39
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    We are now talking about future MAS Mens Singles players with hot prospects.

    Actually, I was talking about;
    'Who will be the MAS No.2 Mens Singles player in 2011?'.
    .
    Exactly, which is why we must go back to my point
    Loh Wei Sheng shouldn't be included now precisely for that reason!

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    jpn
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Iskandar is another potential. Given proper guidance he will shine but where would it come from? The only hope in BAM right now would be under Hendrawan. As for Zulfadli, he has 1 very big problem = stamina. This was always discussed among his dad and those BJJS coaches during the Asian Juniors Championship. These 2 players together with LWS are the future flag bearers.
    No disrespect to Hendrawan but I`m sceptical as his ability as a coach......he might have been a world class player during his prime but coaching is a different field as he is still unproven. Speaking about that, I sincerely hope that he`ll prove me wrong

  7. #41
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,029
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ieim_17 View Post
    No disrespect to Hendrawan but I`m sceptical as his ability as a coach......he might have been a world class player during his prime but coaching is a different field as he is still unproven. Speaking about that, I sincerely hope that he`ll prove me wrong
    Hendrawan did produce The 2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist, Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Last edited by miksss; 02-14-2011 at 12:02 PM.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    jpn
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Hendrawan did produce 2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist, Maria Kristin Yulianti
    Fair enough then

    To be on topic, what do you think the outcome of msian GP in determining msian #2 MS player?

  9. #43
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question What do you think the outcome of msian GP in determining msian #2 MS player?

    Quote Originally Posted by ieim_17 View Post
    Fair enough then

    To be on topic, what do you think the outcome of msian GP in determining msian #2 MS player?
    .
    The results from the Malaysian GP cannot give a fair indication of who is the No.2 MAS MS player.

    Why? If the 2nd best MAS player happens to face LCW in the Round 1 (or in any Round), I am quite certain that he cannot make his presence in the next Round.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-14-2011 at 06:00 PM.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/f13f1/Article

    Meanwhile, Selvaraj said a player from the back-up squad will likely be promoted to the elite squad to replace Hafiz Hashim, who resigned from the national squad on Jan 31.

    "Hendrawan (national back-up coach) will recommend one of his players for possible promotion after the National GP Finals and I will present the name to the coaching and competitions committee (which meets on Feb 23) for approval," said Selvaraj.

  11. #45
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow I would think that the MAS No.2 MS player won't be a newly promoted player

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/f13f1/Article

    Meanwhile, Selvaraj said a player from the back-up squad will likely be promoted to the elite squad to replace Hafiz Hashim, who resigned from the national squad on Jan 31.

    "Hendrawan (national back-up coach) will recommend one of his players for possible promotion after the National GP Finals and I will present the name to the coaching and competitions committee (which meets on Feb 23) for approval," said Selvaraj.
    .
    From that article, it says;

    Meanwhile, Selvaraj said a player from the back-up squad will likely be promoted to the elite squad to replace Hafiz Hashim, who resigned from the national squad on Jan 31.

    "Hendrawan (national back-up coach) will recommend one of his players for possible promotion after the National GP Finals and I will present the name to the coaching and competitions committee (which meets on Feb 23) for approval," said Selvaraj.

    The Proton National GP Finals start in Kuala Terengganu on Thursday.

    Looks like we will find out more, later from this thread, located at;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...la-Terrengannu

    However, I would think that the MAS No.2 MS player won't be a newly promoted player.
    .

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Saw him (Iskandar) play against Tian Houwei in 2009 AJC final. His lack of stamina has got to do with the way he plays. He has the talent no doubt, but he lacks the patience to slowly win the points off his opponent. His aggressive style of play is taking a toll on him if his opponent has a good recovery and defence. In the end, he gets tired himself and start to lose confidence.
    even in the 1st match of the tournament
    crowd might feel iskandar is tired/out of gases
    thats his style.
    what he personal answer is,he is nervous
    no big match temperament like lcw

  13. #47
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Attack and Attack; and Win in 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    even in the 1st match of the tournament
    crowd might feel iskandar is tired/out of gases
    thats his style.
    what he personal answer is,he is nervous
    no big match temperament like lcw
    .
    Looks like Iskandar has only one plan of action/tactics - Attack and Attack; and Win in 2 games (say 30-40 minutes).

    If ever a 3rd game is required, perhaps Iskandar may as well resign after Game 2.
    .

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kwong Beng wants to earn right to play Chong Wei in final

    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...282&sec=sports

    PETALING JAYA: It is almost a certainty that Lee Chong Wei will pick up an eighth men’s singles crown in the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals in Kuala Terengganu from Feb 18-21.

    So, the more interesting question is who will be his opponent in the final?

    His sparring partner Chan Kwong Beng is determined to earn that right.

    The national back-up player reached the semi-finals last year and he is determined to go one better this time.

    In the absence of Wong Choong Hann and Mohd Hafiz Hashim, the field is wide open between the players in Group B and D as to who will eventually face world No. 1 Chong Wei in the final.

    Chong Wei should crusie past Kuan Kam Chung, Muhd Syawal Ismail and top junior Loh Wei Sheng in Group A and qualify for the semi-finals.

    The fight to see who will meet Chong Wei in the semi-finals should be between Tan Chun Seang and Chong Wei Feng from Group C, which also comprises Muhd Hashim and Woon Kok Hong.

    And Kwong Beng is relieved that he is not in Chong Wei’s path.

    Kwong Beng is in Group D with Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Goh Soon Huat and Soong Joo Ven.

    The winner from Group D will play the winner from Group B, comprising Liew Daren, Lim Fang Yang, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Tan Aik Quan.

    “It will be a short-lived draw for those in Group A and C as the chances of making it past Chong Wei is slim. He is on a different level compared to the rest of us now,” said Kwong Beng, who qualified as the top ranked shuttler thanks to his win in the Kedah Open last year.

    “I am relieved to be placed in Group D as this opens up the possibility of making it to the final.

    “The chances are there but it is still hard as the standard between the rest of the back-up players is very close.

    “My initial target is to win the group to reach the semi-finals first.

    “My toughest matches should be against Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and Goh Soon Huat.”

    The other leg of the national circuit last year was in Perak, which Chong Wei won.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Looks like Iskandar has only one plan of action/tactics - Attack and Attack; and Win in 2 games (say 30-40 minutes).

    If ever a 3rd game is required, perhaps Iskandar may as well resign after Game 2.
    .
    havent saw his game lately
    but he has a great smash,but mostly only seen in double matches.
    because he had longer time to prepare his smash,in ms,lesser

  16. #50
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from past, CHN, INA, JPN juniors playing in WJC and AJC can dominate when promoted to senior especially in MS event
    while MAS cannot, we normally produce more quality from MD....

  17. #51
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,737
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Why is MAS not able to maintain its strength in the Mens Singles at the senior level

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    from past, CHN, INA, JPN juniors playing in WJC and AJC can dominate when promoted to senior especially in MS event, while MAS cannot, we normally produce more quality from MD....
    .
    Strange, isn't it?

    Why is MAS not able to maintain its strength (in the Mens Singles) from the junior to the senior level?

    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 02-16-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mens Singles Club
    By Akife Dar in forum UK
    Replies: 176
    : 05-02-2013, 02:02 AM
  2. Who will win Mens Singles title at the World Championships 2011
    By LD rules! in forum World Championships 2011
    Replies: 317
    : 09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
  3. Mens Singles CHAMP
    By tjl_vanguard in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 28
    : 07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. Top Mens singles player 2002
    By marshall in forum General Forum
    Replies: 14
    : 02-04-2005, 04:36 AM
  5. Best Mens Singles Player Ever?
    By jjjjj in forum General Forum
    Replies: 45
    : 11-02-2003, 01:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •