User Tag List

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 178
  1. #103
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    So, does any BCer know when/which will be Liew Darren's next tournament?
    .
    He's not participating in the Australian Open, nor in the Polish, Vietnam, or New Zealand ICs.

    I guess all that's left in the near future is the Proton National Circuit Kuala Lumpur Open.

  2. #104
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow BWF World Rankings (2011 Week 12)

    Quote Originally Posted by raksasa.gorgon View Post
    based on current BWF world ranking, i think the independant WCH will remain MAS No.2 player for still a long time to come...
    .
    True that WCH is still going strong.

    Based on the latest BWF World Rankings (2011 Week 12), we have the top MAS players as follows;

    No.01.....Lee Chong Wei....................90997 points
    No.24.....Wong Choong Hann..............36312 points
    No.33.....Muhammad Hafiz Hashim......33620 points
    No.62.....Yogendran Krishnan.............21840 points
    No.91.....Liew Daren.........................16080 points

    The 3 just below LCW are all independent players.

    Source: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...=472&p=1&ps=50

    .

  3. #105
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It happens that Abian Pablo has won the Polish International Men Singles title. I doubt that MAS backup players could accomplish that, except perhaps Liew Daren

  4. #106
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Chong Wei Feng ends his quivering run

    .
    Just learned that Chong Wei Feng won the MS title of the 2011 Kuala Lumpur Open. An article can be found at;

    http://blogs.bettor.com/Chong-Wei-Fe...en-2011-a62098

    Chong Wei Feng ends his quivering run by winning men’s singles crown in the Kuala Lumpur Open 2011

    Malaysia’s Chong Wei Feng ended his six-year trembling run in major events as he won the men’s singles title of the Kuala Lumpur Open 2011, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Monday April 11. In the final, Wei Feng took 45 minutes to thrash the back-up shuttler, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, who defeated the top seed Liew Daren in the semi-final of the event.

    The start of the match was very interesting as both shuttlers played top-class badminton without giving any chance to the opponent to dominate the game. At the end of the first part of the opening set, Arif Latif was slightly behind the opponent at 10-11. But after the interval, Wei Feng extended his lead by playing a well planned game against the in-form back-up shutter. He won the first set by a 21-18 margin, in 25 minutes.

    Wei Feng played even better in the second set and avoided unforced errors that earned him a good lead of 11-8. He stretched his lead after the 60-second break and won the second set after a one-sided fight at 21-12, in just 20 minutes. The concluding score of this 45-minute straight-set match was, 21-18 and 21-12.

    It is the biggest win for Wei Feng, who has never won any major event since joining the Badminton Association of Malaysia in 2004. He has been playing as a back-up shuttler and now is known as an elite player of men’s singles national squad. He won two titles in the form of Indian Challenge and Malaysian Challenge in 2009 by beating junior players, but remained unsuccessful to win any event in the elite’s category.

    Wei Feng is currently working under the supervision of the singles coach, Rashid Sidek. He grabbed the opportunity to win the home event in the absence of the Malaysian top seed Lee Chong Wei, who is busy playing in the China Badminton Super League in China.

    Wei Feng is optimistic to continue his present performance in the upcoming Asian badminton Championships, being held in China from April 19 to 24.
    .

  5. #107
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Just learned that Chong Wei Feng won the MS title of the 2011 Kuala Lumpur Open. An article can be found at;

    http://blogs.bettor.com/Chong-Wei-Fe...en-2011-a62098

    Chong Wei Feng ends his quivering run by winning men’s singles crown in the Kuala Lumpur Open 2011

    Malaysia’s Chong Wei Feng ended his six-year trembling run in major events as he won the men’s singles title of the Kuala Lumpur Open 2011, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Monday April 11. In the final, Wei Feng took 45 minutes to thrash the back-up shuttler, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, who defeated the top seed Liew Daren in the semi-final of the event.

    The start of the match was very interesting as both shuttlers played top-class badminton without giving any chance to the opponent to dominate the game. At the end of the first part of the opening set, Arif Latif was slightly behind the opponent at 10-11. But after the interval, Wei Feng extended his lead by playing a well planned game against the in-form back-up shutter. He won the first set by a 21-18 margin, in 25 minutes.

    Wei Feng played even better in the second set and avoided unforced errors that earned him a good lead of 11-8. He stretched his lead after the 60-second break and won the second set after a one-sided fight at 21-12, in just 20 minutes. The concluding score of this 45-minute straight-set match was, 21-18 and 21-12.

    It is the biggest win for Wei Feng, who has never won any major event since joining the Badminton Association of Malaysia in 2004. He has been playing as a back-up shuttler and now is known as an elite player of men’s singles national squad. He won two titles in the form of Indian Challenge and Malaysian Challenge in 2009 by beating junior players, but remained unsuccessful to win any event in the elite’s category.

    Wei Feng is currently working under the supervision of the singles coach, Rashid Sidek. He grabbed the opportunity to win the home event in the absence of the Malaysian top seed Lee Chong Wei, who is busy playing in the China Badminton Super League in China.

    Wei Feng is optimistic to continue his present performance in the upcoming Asian badminton Championships, being held in China from April 19 to 24.
    .

    wow...KL Open is a major event???
    and both playing top class badminton...
    hope CWF and all the back-up will continue with this performance in next assignment...

  6. #108
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tuesday April 12, 2011

    The Star
    Tough test ahead for shuttlers in Asian meet

    By KNG ZHENG GUAN



    PETALING JAYA: Malaysian shuttlers face tough hurdles in the Asian Badminton Championships in Chengdu from April 19-24 when the draw was released yesterday.
    Chong Wei Feng (pic) who won his first significant title, the Kuala Lumpur Open last Sunday, is up against second seed Chen Long of China.
    Wei Feng has never played the two-time world junior champion before and it will be an uphill task for him to topple the world No. 4.
    KL Open finalist Mohd Arif Abdul Latif is up against Sourabh Verma of India in the first round but even if he gets through to the second round, Japan’s Sho Sasaki, fresh from his Australian Open success over veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann on Sunday, awaits.
    The draw also pits Tan Chun Seang against 15th seed Chan Yan Kit of Hong Kong and he is not expected to progress.
    The other men’s singles shuttlers Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng and Goh Soon Huat face an easier task in the first round but will be up against seed players in the second round.
    World No.1 Lee Chong Wei is skipping the tournament and China, who are fielding a full strength squad spearheaded by Lin Dan, are expected to dominate the championships.
    Meanwhile, in the men’s doubles, All-England quarter-finalists Hoon Thien How-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif are drawn against second seeds and Asian Games champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan in the first round.
    If they manage to defeat the Indonesian pair, they will have a clear run until the quarter-finals where they will face eighth seeds Hirokatsu Hashimoto-Noriyasu Hirata of Japan.
    Two other pairs also have tough first round opponents.
    Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Ong Soon Hock will be facing another Indonesian pair, fourth seeds Alvent Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan while the newly form combination of Lim Khim Wah-Goh Wei Shem are drawn against Lee Yong-dae-Chin Baek-cheol of South Korea.
    In the women singles event, KL Open winner Lydia Cheah, Tee Jing Yi and Julia Wong will have to go through two rounds of qualifying to get into the main draw.


    aiya, koyak lar if like that
    1st RD meet Chen Long
    can CWF do it and justify his KL Open win?
    Arif against Sho Sasaki in 2nd RD...

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Meanwhile, in the men’s doubles, All-England quarter-finalists Hoon Thien How-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif are drawn against second seeds and Asian Games champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan in the first round.
    If they manage to defeat the Indonesian pair, they will have a clear run until the quarter-finals where they will face eighth seeds Hirokatsu Hashimoto-Noriyasu Hirata of Japan."


    What was on his (reporter/editor) mind when he wrote the above statement...??? so BOLEH?

  8. #110
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Back-up players to reach at least two quarter-finals out of the five they compete in

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Tuesday April 12, 2011

    The Star
    Tough test ahead for shuttlers in Asian meet

    By KNG ZHENG GUAN

    PETALING JAYA: Malaysian shuttlers face tough hurdles in the Asian Badminton Championships in Chengdu from April 19-24 when the draw was released yesterday.
    Chong Wei Feng (pic) who won his first significant title, the Kuala Lumpur Open last Sunday, is up against second seed Chen Long of China.
    Wei Feng has never played the two-time world junior champion before and it will be an uphill task for him to topple the world No. 4.
    KL Open finalist Mohd Arif Abdul Latif is up against Sourabh Verma of India in the first round but even if he gets through to the second round, Japan’s Sho Sasaki, fresh from his Australian Open success over veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann on Sunday, awaits.
    The draw also pits Tan Chun Seang against 15th seed Chan Yan Kit of Hong Kong and he is not expected to progress.
    The other men’s singles shuttlers Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng and Goh Soon Huat face an easier task in the first round but will be up against seed players in the second round.
    World No.1 Lee Chong Wei is skipping the tournament and China, who are fielding a full strength squad spearheaded by Lin Dan, are expected to dominate the championships.
    Meanwhile, in the men’s doubles, All-England quarter-finalists Hoon Thien How-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif are drawn against second seeds and Asian Games champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan in the first round.
    If they manage to defeat the Indonesian pair, they will have a clear run until the quarter-finals where they will face eighth seeds Hirokatsu Hashimoto-Noriyasu Hirata of Japan.
    Two other pairs also have tough first round opponents.
    Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Ong Soon Hock will be facing another Indonesian pair, fourth seeds Alvent Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan while the newly form combination of Lim Khim Wah-Goh Wei Shem are drawn against Lee Yong-dae-Chin Baek-cheol of South Korea.
    In the women singles event, KL Open winner Lydia Cheah, Tee Jing Yi and Julia Wong will have to go through two rounds of qualifying to get into the main draw.

    aiya, koyak lar if like that
    1st RD meet Chen Long
    can CWF do it and justify his KL Open win?
    Arif against Sho Sasaki in 2nd RD...
    .
    Not looking good for MAS back-up players at all. Remember my comment in Post #418 of this thread;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1629129

    For back-up players to reach at least two quarter-finals out of the five they compete in; I think this is too ambitious (knowing their current standards, IMHO). Probably, many would fail.

    Similarly, for CTC to use the KPI to measure the performance of the coaches (based on the results of the back-up players), I believe many coaches would fail too.
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-11-2011 at 09:30 PM.

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FOR CWF to steal one game from Chen Long, that one I think is quite a mountain to climb...

  10. #112
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i never know chen long is 2 times wjc winner
    hmm
    anyone?

  11. #113
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i never know chen long is 2 times wjc winner
    hmm
    anyone?
    He only won the WJC once, in 2007. They got their facts wrong, apparently.

  12. #114
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    He only won the WJC once, in 2007. They got their facts wrong, apparently.
    saw the quality?
    lol

  13. #115
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow The quality of MAS local meets is not strong

    .
    Talking about quality, here is an article from The Star Online (by Rajes Paul) saying that BAM need to place emphasis on local meets to unearth talent.

    I think so too; The quality of MAS local meets is not strong.

    Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...313&sec=sports

    PETALING JAYA: It is time for the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to pay more emphasis on their local tournaments.

    They hope to unearth new talents from the local meets but the lack of interest on the just concluded first leg of the National Badminton Circuit was evident.

    The circuit opener – the Kuala Lumpur Open – ended on Sunday with most of the BAM players winning all the titles in Division One and Two. In short, it was just another mundane affair in a local tournament.

    But the whole atmosphere could have been different if BAM had generated more interest and given priority to their own events.

    For starters, the prize money is little with the men’s singles champion Chong Wei Feng taking home RM4,000. The organising states were given only RM20,000 to run the four-day event although the cost had doubled.

    The local event is a platform for the BAM to unearth talents but lack of monetary incentive has either kept the players away or prevent them from giving their all in the tournaments.

    Without much perks, the players prefer to compete in other tournaments that offer better rewards.

    The absence of world number one Lee Chong Wei also took the shine in the tournament although the national body had stated that it was compulsory for their top players to compete.

    Chong Wei had an obligation to play in China league and he also had to turn up as a guest at the Formula One Race – on the final day of the KL Open. Just imagine how many aspiring youngsters would have raced to the KLBA Stadium if the world No.1 had played.

    BAM chose to sent players for the Australian Open instead of letting them play in the KL Open. The reason – they want their players to win ranking points for the Olympic Games – although the qualifying period begins on May 1.

    It is better to scrape the local circuit if it is not serving the targets set by BAM. Maybe, they should look into running an exciting and lucrative league like what China and Indonesia BAs are doing.
    .

  14. #116
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did chong wei won any world junior title

    How about Chen jin ? I thought he was also a wjc

    One or two wjc record is still good after 3-4 years

    That's just the beginning ...

  15. #117
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Did chong wei won any world junior title

    How about Chen jin ? I thought he was also a wjc

    One or two wjc record is still good after 3-4 years

    That's just the beginning ...
    Chen Jin won two WJC titles (2002 and 2004).

  16. #118
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Not looking good for MAS back-up players at all. Remember my comment in Post #418 of this thread;

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1629129

    For back-up players to reach at least two quarter-finals out of the five they compete in; I think this is too ambitious (knowing their current standards, IMHO). Probably, many would fail.

    Similarly, for CTC to use the KPI to measure the performance of the coaches (based on the results of the back-up players), I believe many coaches would fail too.
    .
    This is what I have been waiting for, the kpi stuff....

    I also think it's quite tough for a lot of them.

    I just hope they revised it before all the players lost hope in themselves and

    the coaches leaving

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was watching our proton circuit finals over the weekend.. and cant help but wonder, if our local tourneys are world class and the players (every single player) play world class badminton amongst themselves, we will be in the same position as China... how cool would that be.
    i agree with most what rajes says above, but

    i dont agree that we should start a league a la China pro league just yet.

    i dont agree that the local tourneys should be scraped. What we need is the will to make these circuits world class.
    yes increase the monetary rewards.
    better commitment from BAM and all those responsible when handling these circuits.. it is not just about coaches and players.. we need world class kampung tournaments too.
    Last edited by pajrul; 04-12-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mens Singles Club
    By Akife Dar in forum UK
    Replies: 176
    : 05-02-2013, 02:02 AM
  2. Who will win Mens Singles title at the World Championships 2011
    By LD rules! in forum World Championships 2011
    Replies: 317
    : 09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
  3. Mens Singles CHAMP
    By tjl_vanguard in forum Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philippines Open 2007
    Replies: 28
    : 07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. Top Mens singles player 2002
    By marshall in forum General Forum
    Replies: 14
    : 02-04-2005, 04:36 AM
  5. Best Mens Singles Player Ever?
    By jjjjj in forum General Forum
    Replies: 45
    : 11-02-2003, 01:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •