Need help on choosing a second racquet for a singles, 15 years old player

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by maximR, Feb 11, 2011.

1. maximR

maximR Regular Member

Hello there,

I'm a 15 years old boy's singles player . I like to clear, , lift to the backhand , and drop , when the return is half court I usually finish it off with a smash . My smash is okay .

For years I've been training and playing with a lone , Fleet racquet . It is probably a clone of Yonex NS 6000 because the colour scheme is pretty much the same . The only difference is the shape of the head, which I can't determine if its oval or iso . I'll attach a pic here and I hope you guys can help me out :

DSC04448.JPG

They specified it as 4U but I'm not sure about Fleet's weights . It feels pretty light , I can swing quite easily.

I need another racquet , as I play only singles ( once in a blue moon doubles ) , is the :

Apacs Slayer 330 good enough for me ? I'm afriad if I won't get used to the weight difference between my racquet and the Slayer .

Please , no Yonex or other high end racquets please . I'm still a student and no way would I burden my parents for a ARC 10 . (=

Thank you guys .

2. maximR

maximR Regular Member

Oops , posted in the wrong place . Mods, please move this to the right category ?

3. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student