karakal grip powder

Discussion in 'Grip' started by jysw1986, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jysw1986

jysw1986 Regular Member

Safety engineer
    hi, i'm using karakal or apacs pu grip.
    is it advisable if i were to use karakal grip powder?
    my palm are a little sweaty at times. not dripping wet, but i just hate the feeling of slippery grip. will karakal grip powder help if i am using a normal karakal pu replacement grip?
    thanks!!! :)

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Sweaty hands

The Karakal grip powder you're talking about is pretty cheap especially in Malaysia (about less than RM8) so you won't lose anything important if you would just buy one and try. Personally the Karakal and Apacs PU grips are already pretty tacky (not slippery) even when wet so if you use the grip powder on it quite a lot of the powder will stick to the grip and not come off easily (or at all).

On the other hand a towel grip will absorb all the sweat better than the pu grip and feel easier to grip onto (of course please don't compare when it is totally soaked; honestly a similarly soaked pu grip will not feel as great as when it is dry either). There is a reason why towel grips are much cheaper (avoid the rip-off's, there are towel grips that cost no more than RM3 if you look properly; pu grips cost above RM10) than the usual pu grip such that they are almost disposable (that is about three times cheaper even if you have to replace the towel grip 3 times as soon so things balance out).

3. jysw1986

jysw1986 Regular Member

Safety engineer
    hey... thanks for the input! yea, i think i can get it below rm10.
    well, if thats the case, i might get towel grip to try it out.
    i guess no harm trying out the powder on towel grip or the pu grip.
    since i have 5 rackets to use on. haha... then slowly try see which is the nicest feel.
    thanks! will get it tomorrow.