User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 47 of 47
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    count firdasari as a contender for bronze medallist. She is doing well at Uber cup qualification.

  2. #36
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan92 View Post
    count firdasari as a contender for bronze medallist. She is doing well at Uber cup qualification.
    remind me of MKY, she did well several months before OG 2008(in Uber Cup and Indonesia Open). will this happen to Firda too...? nobody knows..

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea man, MKY beat Zhang Ning before Olympic games.
    I think bronze for firda will be such a great accomplishment(national public holiday)

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan92 View Post
    yea man, MKY beat Zhang Ning before Olympic games.
    I think bronze for firda will be such a great accomplishment(national public holiday)
    Dont be so downbeat by their recent failures in Uber Cup 2012. I am Chinese but still rooting for Indonesia to preserve their golden tradition in Olympics..That's what makes the sports so special and meaningful. My biggest bet would be Natsir and Tantowi to win the gold because as predicted, the Chinese pairs are not mentally strong enough to defeat random pairs in big events and the same disappointment back in Beijing 2008 will repeat in London plus the pair has good/consistent record against non-Chinese pairs especially the dangerous Joachim Persson. The only shock defeat they suffered were against the British pair other than that the defeats were due to the Chinese pairs.

    INA will prove to us that once again they are upset-resistant and the mixed pair has the best shot at gold. If China swept all gold in London, i believe 2016 is the last year we see badminton included in the Olympics.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,989
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's a question for knowledgeable Indonesian fans: How early does the Indonesian team go to London before the Olympics?
    It would be wise to acclimatize to the environment and time zone. But it must be expensive to secure lodgings in London much in advance of the actual Games.

    Will any of the Olympic selects be participating in the US and Canadian Opens in July?

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Dont be so downbeat by their recent failures in Uber Cup 2012. I am Chinese but still rooting for Indonesia to preserve their golden tradition in Olympics..That's what makes the sports so special and meaningful. My biggest bet would be Natsir and Tantowi to win the gold because as predicted, the Chinese pairs are not mentally strong enough to defeat random pairs in big events and the same disappointment back in Beijing 2008 will repeat in London plus the pair has good/consistent record against non-Chinese pairs especially the dangerous Joachim Persson. The only shock defeat they suffered were against the British pair other than that the defeats were due to the Chinese pairs.

    INA will prove to us that once again they are upset-resistant and the mixed pair has the best shot at gold. If China swept all gold in London, i believe 2016 is the last year we see badminton included in the Olympics.
    well, lilyana and tantowi is so inconsistent at this moment.
    and it's kinda impossible to rely on bona/ahsan at this moment. they are losing a lot against "non strong" pair. imagine in olympic, if they have to beat CY/FHF, LYD/JJS, another korean pair, and Koo kien kiet/Tan boon heong( my favourite pair). btw, KKK is kinda good in MS(thomas cup qualifier).

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TOWI/LILYANA is awesome. True contender for gold medal

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The All England win surely will boost Towi/Butet confidence in the Olympic.

    I hope Butet will win the Olympic, she has won almost all major titles except Olympic gold and she deserves it.

    Towi playing more calm this time, maybe because they are not under pressure to perform, compared to Indonesian open and about 8 months after that Singapore SS win

    So next Indonesian open we will see if Towi can still play that calm now when expectation for them is now high.

    If he can, maybe they won't choke in the Olympic

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    The All England win surely will boost Towi/Butet confidence in the Olympic.

    I hope Butet will win the Olympic, she has won almost all major titles except Olympic gold and she deserves it.

    Towi playing more calm this time, maybe because they are not under pressure to perform, compared to Indonesian open and about 8 months after that Singapore SS win

    So next Indonesian open we will see if Towi can still play that calm now when expectation for them is now high.

    If he can, maybe they won't choke in the Olympic
    who is Butet anyway?

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    who is Butet anyway?
    Butet = Lilyana's nick name. Because in Medan, Butet is a common nick name for girl.

  11. #45
    Regular Member luvina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan92 View Post
    Butet = Lilyana's nick name. Because in Medan, Butet is a common nick name for girl.
    I guess Lilyana from Manado, the same city Vita Marissa well born..

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,951
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, INA will be represented by nine shuttlers for upcoming London Games 2012 :

    1) MS - Simon Santoso, Taufik Hidayat
    2) WS - Adriyanti Firdasari or Maria Febe Kusumastuti
    3) MD - Mohammad Ahsan/Bona Septano
    4) WD - Greysia Polii/Meiliana Jauhari
    5) XD - Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir - best best to continue INA Gold tradition in OG arena
    Last edited by CLELY; 05-31-2012 at 12:06 AM.

  13. #47
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so this thread sink into oblivion?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. which md pair will win the 2012 olympic gold medal?
    By limsy in forum Olympics LONDON 2012
    Replies: 86
    : 01-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    : 10-25-2011, 09:59 AM
  3. 2012 London Summer Olympic Games (27-July to 12-August)
    By chris-ccc in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 07-27-2011, 01:29 AM
  4. Olympic Games 2004 Gold Medal Final
    By peace in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 78
    : 04-28-2011, 01:41 AM
  5. [request] 2004 olympics md gold medal and bronze medal match
    By sickman in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 12
    : 02-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •