User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awekuda View Post
    i believe aj and elin have good reputation since both are listed here and for the hologram sticker on cone code is a sunrise stiker... but imitation also have that.. AFIK aj & elin didn't sell fake .
    OMG, i dunno who to trust now-.- some ppl told me that AJ is selling fake racket

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Found a new type of fake
    and this one is really close to the genuine one (!!)

racket model: Yonex Voltric Z Force.
    shaft serial: 9523240
    cone code : 060902JP

it is dangerously close to the genuine one
    but this number lower by a lot

racket model: Yonex voltric 80
    shaft serial: 9595805
    source : BADMINTON 365

noticed something? it has same cone code!
    this one is more dangerously close to the genuine one than previous one, only few thousand off

racket model: Yonex VOLTRIC 70
    shaft serial: 9594636
    source : internet (http://www.lelong.com.my/yonex-voltr...1-05-Std-P.htm)

racket model: Yonex VOLTRIC 70
    shaft serial: 9594636

same as above dangerously close to the real one

====
    List of well know fake seller:
    on ebay:
    Big.show44:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/big.show414/...id=p4340.l2559
    this guy also have website called:
    http://www.badminton365.com/

cysltcy:
    http://myworld.ebay.ca/cysltcy/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

why? they sell FAKE racket at PREMIUM price
    not only Yonex racket, they sell li-ning, etc
    the big.show414 aka badminton365 also sell clothing, shoes etc
    all of the are FAKE

====

on internet:
    find cheap price for Yonex racket? best to avoid it
    alibaba.com
    aliexpress
    dhgate
    badminton365.com

why? definitely fake sellers, proven so many times

====

also try to avoid:
    ebay
    lelong.com.my
    mudah.my
    sulit.com.ph

why? so many fake sellers that it is hard to distinguish the real one

=====

best to avoid:
    kijiji.ca
    gumtree.com
    craiglist

why? because serious seller usually go for specific badminton forum like this to fine the buyer
    there are some legit second hand seller, but you will also find some fake seller as well

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new fakes really are getting better and better. I've always known that the serial number check is not going to be dependable. Once they have cottoned on to the system it's not difficult to fake.

I saw an arc8dx that is pretty much indistinguishable from the real one even when laid side by side. It seems the idea for them now is not to sell them at a fraction of the RRP price, but to sell them for almost the same price as the real thing!

It's sad that they are getting away with it, Yonex just needs to up their game in terms of coming up with a better way(s) of identifying a real one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    it should be 9XXXXXX (around 99XXXXX)
    and around late feb 2011 they reach 9999999 and go back to 2XXXXXX
    Hi... i'm a newcomer to this forum.
    Wanna ask if this serial code is use for all country or just for a JP code or certain code (ex. SP,HK or anything else) only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello can you verify me this Racket ....please
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Muscle power 29 LT
    shaft serial: 6963475
    cone code : 241114ID
    source : local shop,Diamond sports , Bareilly, India
    price : 2000 INR ~ 38 $
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

Actually, Sulit.com.ph has many sellers selling fake racquets. Only few are reliable. The clue is the price and the way they advertise (too many freebies and free shipping).

This may help other BCers.
    Please make a list of Yonex racquets, the series name and the official date of release. And of course, list of discontinued racquets.

e.g. Arcsaber Z-slash official release date is Sept 19, 2010 (am I correct) so racquets having cone codes months before that date are surely fake. But this doesn't mean that codes after that date tells that the racquet is genuine.

Discontinued racquets, e.g. Armortec 900T and P series, having cone codes 2012 e.g. 101221XX are surely fake. (BTW, when are these racquets discontinued?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing, I've seen an ad in sulit.com.ph, a VTZF LTD. I think, LTD price is higher than the regular version of the same model/series. And think the number of this racquet is also limited (5000 pcs). Correct me if I am wrong.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nutbad5981 View Post
    e.g. Arcsaber Z-slash official release date is Sept 19, 2010 (am I correct) so racquets having cone codes months before that date are surely fake. But this doesn't mean that codes after that date tells that the racquet is genuine.
    The production starts around 2 months before release date already . But an overview of release dates can nevertheless be a good rough guide for those more obviously off ones .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I have problems to find my frieds AT900PLC JP (unstrung) sould be real compare with my AT900PLC SP (strung). Some one in my club just want belive on the quality in SP rackets and thinks that the JP coded racket is real... I think not! Please help us to decide!!!

Name:  IMG_0229.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  82.2 KBName:  IMG_0236.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  72.8 KBName:  IMG_0235.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  50.5 KBName:  IMG_0234.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  49.9 KBName:  IMG_0230.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  75.0 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure sp code racket but jp code racket is definitely fake... 605859JP

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The JP is 100% fake. One reason: because it has "JP" printed on the shaft which is the biggest sign of a fake racket. Genuine JP code rackets do NOT have anything extra printed on the shaft (only SP and CH).
    Also I notice the handles are different length, if you can find anyone with a DK code Armortec 900, you can compare the length just to show the JP is fake . Of course because the JP is fake it doesn't automatically mean your SP is genuine either. Where did you buy it and show the numbers as well?
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-09-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the bad pictures, here is the code on the SP racket. Iīm pretty sure that the SP racket is real, bought it from luxissportnet.com and they have a very good service there. I donīt know where my friends racket is bought from the beginning, just know he got it from an old team-guy!
    Name:  IMG_0258.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  31.2 KB

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luxis should be fine yes. The player edition rackets in JP code are extremely rare so to find one in the wild in another region should be a warning sign already , probably came from eBay originally ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a voltric 80 have a shaft code that has 8 numbers? 40773435..fake rite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by louisnc7 View Post
    Can a voltric 80 have a shaft code that has 8 numbers? 40773435..fake rite?

Furthermore, the person selling claims that the cone code is blocked by the yonex sticker..zzzzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does my yonex mp 100 has no serial number on the shaft and cone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so with all the questions around fake rackets in the marketplace, I thought I'd do a simple test at the club. Everyone seems to have an opinion on the net so I thought I'd do a blind test (with a twist)...LOL

I got a fake Class G Voltric Z Force and put it up for a side by side playing comparison at the club to get feedback from 10 people. They ranged from intermediate playing ability to state level. The twist was that I told them the rackets were the other way round (ie: fake was real and real was fake) just to see what kind of feedback I would get.

Interestingly, most of the lower grade testers came back with the general feedback you read on forums about counterfeit rackets (suggesting that it was either too flexible, too much vibration, balance was not right, head too heavy, funny sound, not smashing as hard etc....) not realising that they were using the real thing. It actually shows that people can easily be swayed into believing what they want to believe based on what they have read elsewhere.

Most of the higher grade players were asking if this was a trick test as they felt some difference but not enough to suggest the racket was fake, but instead maybe there was something different about the strings..??? Only one person (an ex state and national player) actually said the fake felt sharper but not significantly more.... he laughed when I told him I had swapped the fake and real ones around because he was about to try and find out where he could by the fake....LOL

It was an interesting exercise and one of the reasons I did this was simply because of the my experience with the golf industry. Whilst there are clearly fake club heads out in the marketplace, there are also thousands that are taken/stolen from the original point of manufacture and finished/assembled in sweatshops all around China. You will find that the final finish is not quite up to scratch as it has not been through the normal QC processes but fundamentally the heads are made in the original proper factories with the right material. If you find the right supplier, you could actually have the authentic heads and just have them fitted and reshafted by your own club custom fitter.

I was simply curious if the same would apply with the fake badminton racket market which was why I conducted this little exercise. The results so far would suggest that the fake is indeed ok and my next step was to cut it open but it cost me around $90 and feedback was that it played just as well or similar so I am now reluctant to destroy it. Interestingly, I have just purchased a very cheap class A racket from an ebay seller (Member id 2010srtdse98) for around US$38. Would be interesting to test this again with the club players but they are probably on to my tricks so may have to find some new guinea pigs. I will cut open this $38 cheapie to see what it looks like inside......stay tuned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast