User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 62
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthking View Post
    Ok, so with all the questions around fake rackets in the marketplace, I thought I'd do a simple test at the club. Everyone seems to have an opinion on the net so I thought I'd do a blind test (with a twist)...LOL

    I got a fake Class G Voltric Z Force and put it up for a side by side playing comparison at the club to get feedback from 10 people. They ranged from intermediate playing ability to state level. The twist was that I told them the rackets were the other way round (ie: fake was real and real was fake) just to see what kind of feedback I would get.

    Interestingly, most of the lower grade testers came back with the general feedback you read on forums about counterfeit rackets (suggesting that it was either too flexible, too much vibration, balance was not right, head too heavy, funny sound, not smashing as hard etc....) not realising that they were using the real thing. It actually shows that people can easily be swayed into believing what they want to believe based on what they have read elsewhere.

    Most of the higher grade players were asking if this was a trick test as they felt some difference but not enough to suggest the racket was fake, but instead maybe there was something different about the strings..??? Only one person (an ex state and national player) actually said the fake felt sharper but not significantly more.... he laughed when I told him I had swapped the fake and real ones around because he was about to try and find out where he could by the fake....LOL

    It was an interesting exercise and one of the reasons I did this was simply because of the my experience with the golf industry. Whilst there are clearly fake club heads out in the marketplace, there are also thousands that are taken/stolen from the original point of manufacture and finished/assembled in sweatshops all around China. You will find that the final finish is not quite up to scratch as it has not been through the normal QC processes but fundamentally the heads are made in the original proper factories with the right material. If you find the right supplier, you could actually have the authentic heads and just have them fitted and reshafted by your own club custom fitter.

    I was simply curious if the same would apply with the fake badminton racket market which was why I conducted this little exercise. The results so far would suggest that the fake is indeed ok and my next step was to cut it open but it cost me around $90 and feedback was that it played just as well or similar so I am now reluctant to destroy it. Interestingly, I have just purchased a very cheap class A racket from an ebay seller (Member id 2010srtdse98) for around US$38. Would be interesting to test this again with the club players but they are probably on to my tricks so may have to find some new guinea pigs. I will cut open this $38 cheapie to see what it looks like inside......stay tuned
    Interesting test. Im agree with you here. I have the same experience. I seen a very good clone. Good paint quality, same balance and stiffness as the real one. As one of your test subject said " the fake felt sharper but not significantly more". Sometime the feel is very little the only main different is the price gap

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    correct,AJ sells fake! been cheated once.. elin on the other hand is 100% genuine because they are Malaysia's first yonex concept

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K3lvin1004 View Post
    OMG, i dunno who to trust now-.- some ppl told me that AJ is selling fake racket
    AJ to me not trustable,bought a z slash and got ripped off,elin on the other hand is 100% genuine because they are one of malaysia's yonex concept store

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sir please check it

    Sir I bought it from an unusual source as they were giving it to me at very low cost and that has no PBSI mark or any Sunrise hologram..It has only Yonex hologram...

    Shaft no. 7654500
    Cone code: 201202JP

    And it looks like a new and original (might be) and same as all pictures got from internet..

    Have doubt please help me to clear this...
    If needed then I can post some pictures of this racquet...

    Thank you.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post
    sir please check it

    Sir I bought it from an unusual source as they were giving it to me at very low cost and that has no PBSI mark or any Sunrise hologram..It has only Yonex hologram...

    Shaft no. 7654500
    Cone code: 201202JP

    And it looks like a new and original (might be) and same as all pictures got from internet..

    Have doubt please help me to clear this...
    If needed then I can post some pictures of this racquet...

    Thank you.
    hahaha
    the answer? please read the first and second post of this thread unless you are very lazy
    you are posting in a thread that talked about fake racket without reading it

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    hahaha
    the answer? please read the first and second post of this thread unless you are very lazy
    you are posting in a thread that talked about the fake racket without reading it
    Sir Already read it and read many many threads carefully and researched it over the internet for 5 hours long... But I need a precise answer from a master of these topics like you only for my post to be sure what I get and What I did..
    Please help me sir...

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post
    Sir Already read it and read many many threads carefully and researched it over the internet for 5 hours long... But I need a precise answer from a master of these topics like you only for my post to be sure what I get and What I did..
    Please help me sir...
    I am not trying to be rude. but you are really posting on a wrong thread..
    let me be quick and ask you a question. what do you think about your racket after searching for 5 hours? is your racket fake or not? (well, the answer is really, in this thread in the first - third post of this thread. go back to page one please)

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1623870

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I am not trying to be rude. but you are really posting on a wrong thread..
    let me be quick and ask you a question. what do you think about your racket after searching for 5 hours? is your racket fake or not? (well, the answer is really, in this thread in the first - third post of this thread. go back to page one please)

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1623870
    Sir as per your information I think the racket I bought is fake...But assure me with some reason to prove it fake. Cause I did not pay the full amount of money. I have paid US$70 and I have to pay more US$50 ..And If this confirms the racket is fake then I will return it and will get back the money. I become completely confused and think less , can not assure myself...So please sir help me...Your help will be taken as a precious gift and I will do not blame/target you for telling the truth...Please...

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post
    Sir as per your information I think the racket I bought is fake...But assure me with some reason to prove it fake. Cause I did not pay the full amount of money. I have paid US$70 and I have to pay more US$50 ..And If this confirms the racket is fake then I will return it and will get back the money. I become completely confused and think less , can not assure myself...So please sir help me...Your help will be taken as a precious gift and I will do not blame/target you for telling the truth...Please...
    It is a fake racket and quite a lot of these being produced. especially in China, India, Thailand and Vietnam, there are so many dishonest sellers that say the racket is genuine even though it is fake (whereas in Indonesia they usually call it, "local production")

    the shaft serial and cone code itself does not match. it is the easiest way to know whether the racket fake or not
    do you need more proofs? post the pics of your racket here (or opena new thread) esp the the cone area (all 4 sides), butt cap, and the bag they give along with the racket. usually these are more than enough to tell if the racket fake or not (and you can tell the seller that this racket is fake based on their physical appearance)

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Master Avenger has a great post and teach how to identify fake racket... after i spend some time reading the post and now i know the way to identify. AndMr barmandebasi your racket is fake.. Have a refund

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    It is a fake racket and quite a lot of these being produced. especially in China, India, Thailand and Vietnam, there are so many dishonest sellers that say the racket is genuine even though it is fake (whereas in Indonesia they usually call it, "local production")

    the shaft serial and cone code itself does not match. it is the easiest way to know whether the racket fake or not
    do you need more proofs? post the pics of your racket here (or opena new thread) esp the the cone area (all 4 sides), butt cap, and the bag they give along with the racket. usually these are more than enough to tell if the racket fake or not (and you can tell the seller that this racket is fake based on their physical appearance)
    Thanks a lot sir...You are really helpful. God bless you sir...I will post some photos asap to the post...

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks a lot

  13. #47
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mr badmandebasish, i also agree with avenger that the racket is fake... try to get refund for it

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am going to buy a fake racket to try, very soon
    a Vt80, for 100 RMB or equivalent to 10 (yes that cheap) that's why I don't mind to try it
    let's see if it will gonna play like a Vt80? I doubt it though lol..

    with a fake racket, it is like a gambling, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad. they don't have QC, only a racket with paint on it

    my friend bought a fake NS9900. and hell.. it is FLEXIBLE!

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I am going to buy a fake racket to try, very soon
    a Vt80, for 100 RMB or equivalent to 10 (yes that cheap) that's why I don't mind to try it
    let's see if it will gonna play like a Vt80? I doubt it though lol..

    with a fake racket, it is like a gambling, sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad. they don't have QC, only a racket with paint on it

    my friend bought a fake NS9900. and hell.. it is FLEXIBLE!
    Sir Already experienced with the Fake one and No need to buy for testing..I am sharing my experience here..
    After many discussions, understanding and of-course with your help I had realized that My voltric 80 was fake..Then I bought another voltric 80 from an authorized Yonex shop...
    I have noticed some points differentiating them...
    1. The Fake one has some extra weight than the real one which claims to be ultra light weight itself..fake one is heavier and not matching the 3U-4U standards.
    2. Fake one has the string tension limit(in the sticker) upto 24 lbs(3U in weight) whereas Original one claims to keep tension upto 26 lbs(4U in weight) and 27 lbs for 3U racket..
    3. Fake one has more thicker shaft than the real one. Whereas original one has very thin shaft which it claims to be. because Voltric 80 is the first racket which has very thin shaft to other rackets of yonex that time..
    4.The Stiffness of the voltric 80 racket should be stiff as per the guidelines of Yonex. But here the fake one has a more flexible shaft and not have a vibration control system.
    5.The Original has the sound filter capability but the fake one does not.
    6. 'SP' is not printed on the fake one's shaft.
    7.No Sunrise Hallmark is printed on the fake one and has old Yonex Hallmark(before middle of 2013), No PBSI logo on the fake one..
    8.After all whenever you are playing with the real one after exercising the fake or vice versa then anybody can automatically feel the differences ...
    The real Voltric 80 is superb , it is an awesome racket and has all type of playing capabilities ..These are the causes it got highest positive reviews and points in Yonex history..
    Last edited by barmandebasish; 03-07-2014 at 01:33 AM.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barmandebasish View Post
    Sir Already experienced with the Fake one and No need to buy for testing..I am sharing my experience here..
    After many discussions, understanding and of-course with your help I had realized that My voltric 80 was fake..Then I bought another voltric 80 from an authorized Yonex shop...
    I have noticed some points differentiating them...
    1. The Fake one has some extra weight than the real one which claims to be ultra light weight itself..fake one is heavier and not matching the 3U-4U standards.
    2. Fake one has the string tension limit(in the sticker) upto 24 lbs(3U in weight) whereas Original one claims to keep tension upto 26 lbs(4U in weight) and 27 lbs for 3U racket..
    3. Fake one has more thicker shaft than the real one. Whereas original one has very thin shaft which it claims to be. because Voltric 80 is the first racket which has very thin shaft to other rackets of yonex that time..
    4.The Stiffness of the voltric 80 racket should be stiff as per the guidelines of Yonex. But here the fake one has a more flexible shaft and not have a vibration control system.
    5.The Original has the sound filter capability but the fake one does not.
    6. 'SP' is not printed on the fake one's shaft.
    7.No Sunrise Hallmark is printed on the fake one and has old Yonex Hallmark(before middle of 2013), No PBSI logo on the fake one..
    8.After all whenever you are playing with the real one after exercising the fake or vice versa then anybody can automatically feel the differences ...
    The real Voltric 80 is superb , it is an awesome racket and has all type of playing capabilities ..These are the causes it got highest positive reviews and points in Yonex history..
    I think you did make a few good points. Vt80 trademark is of course their thinner shaft, sound filter and thier 4U weight
    but I believe the fake one will not gonna have it (it is just a normal racket with paint on it after all)
    the question is.. will it gonna play decently or plainly bad?

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That different can be seen on a low grade fake. Different story with the high grade one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fake Yonex rackets!
    By Arief in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 47
    : 08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
  2. Super Fake Yonex Rackets !!!!
    By na_twins in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 15
    : 01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
  3. Fake Yonex Rackets
    By jolunewbie in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 35
    : 08-05-2006, 01:57 PM
  4. Are there any fake Yonex rackets?
    By Eden12 in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 2
    : 08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
  5. How do I identify fake Yonex rackets?
    By dang in forum Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos are required)
    Replies: 3
    : 01-03-2002, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •