Apacs Finapi 77?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KYW917, Feb 14, 2011.

1. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

I think it's supposed to be the Apacs Clone of the Voltric 70
    Because I was looking for a racket anyways, I am interested in this racket because I like the Apacs rackets.

Has anyone played with this racket before? http://www.badmintonbay.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_42_59&products_id=253

I was considering getting the Edgesaber 10, but after I saw this, I might just reconsider.
    It looks very nice too. I like the colors on this one better than the colors on the Voltric.

2. conrad

conrad Regular Member

I too am interested in the Apacs Finapi 77. $80 for two racquets, with grips and string, sounds like a good deal. I have the Apacs EdgeSaber Z Slayer in yellow and it my current favourite. I wonder how the Finapi compares?

3. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

Seems like nobody really knows anything about this racket
    Well, I already bought it. Might be a reckless move because I have no idea how well it plays.
    But, Apacs seems reliable, and I'm sure they'll deliver.

4. jysw1986

jysw1986 Regular Member

Safety engineer
    do let us know how is it... thanks

5. faidz85

faidz85 Regular Member

Scientific Officer
    I believe this is a very new racket. We need to wait a bit until reviews are up. I am also thinking to get another racket to compliment my ES10 and T200. And this Finapi seems to be nicely slotted in between those two.

6. jean_luc50

jean_luc50 Regular Member

you guys should take a look at the Slayer 99. It's awsome. Evenbalance and deliver more power than a head heavy. For me, its better than the T200! Let us know about the finapi 77!

The slayer 99 seems to have the same technology as the voltric 70, but instead of being reinforced at 10, 2 and 6 oclock, its inverted. the slayer 99 is reinforced in 12, 8, 4 oclock.

its on www.apacscanada.com

7. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

do u own it yourself or are u suggesting it based on ur friend's words?

8. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

9. Shadowz619

What other apacs racquets do u or did u own so u can compare it to the finapi.. Am undecided to get a Slayer 99 3U or the Finapi 77 .. i know its not right to compare a high end vs a middle end. but oh well.

10. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

I just have the Apacs Nano 900 and Finapi 77

After comparing again, the nano 900 is more head heavy than the Finapi, but I'm not sure because the Nano 900's frame is broken.

11. jean_luc50

jean_luc50 Regular Member

I own it. Played with it for about 6-7 hours. i'm now used to it and its the best racket I ever had, and I had many! :p

12. gk_sezhian

gk_sezhian Regular Member

Hi

Please post a review of finappi 77 I wish to buy one . Whats Special withit ?

13. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    the name finapi don't sound like voltric at all..,..

14. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

I have the racket, I just can't really play until next friday.

Just from holding it now, it feels like an even balanced racket, maybe just slightly head heavy. It's supposed to have a triple speed system, but I really don't see anything significantly different.

15. Shadowz619

Hi, hows the reviewing coming along? LOL I have sum spare change to buy an inexpensive racquet... what other racquets do u own so u can make comparison? =)

16. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

I'll have my impressions up soon

Going to be able to finally play with it tomorrow night

I can't really call it a review because I'm really not that knowledgeable about rackets, and my only other racket is the Apacs Nano 900. But i'll try my best

17. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

I managed to get about an hour of play in with my racket the other day, and now I have my first impressions.

First of all, this racket is an even balanced racket. I still think I need to get used to the racket a bit more, because I was mishitting a lot. It could be due to the fact I had a head heavy racket before, or because I haven't played for a couple of months.

But when I did it the shuttle well, clearing was easy, and net shots were pretty good too.
    I didn't quite get many chances for a smash shot, but it seemed easier than smashing with the head heavy Apacs Nano 900.

I'll update again once I get to play more and actually get used to the racket.

18. KYW917

KYW917 Regular Member

Got some more playtime in

Again, clears, lifts, drops, and net shots are all quite easy.
    I had trouble smashing with the Apacs Nano 900, but I seem to be able to smash harder with this one. I guess it would be dependent on how hard you can swing.

19. theerac

theerac Regular Member

Marketing manager
    Thanks, so this racket sounds to be good even balance except for smashing?

20. HSGmike

HSGmike New Member

Student
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but thought it might be helpful to share my impression of the Apacs Finapi as the verdict still seems to be out regarding its overall quality.

I've recently picked up the game (been playing 3-4 times a week for the past 4 months) and have reached a level where I thought it would be worth investing in my own hardware. Up until now I've been playing with my friend's Carlton Powerblade Tour racket, which has been absolutely remarkable in terms of control and smashing. Like someone mentioned earlier, I went ahead and bought the Apacs Finapi without any prior knowledge (those Malaysians sure know how to market their stuff!) Anywho, it came in the mail today and I was able to whip it out for the first time this afternoon. To describe my first impression in one word....SWEET!! The Apacs Finapi 77 allowed me to perfom with the same level of precision in my short game as the Carlton, and after getting used to it's lightweight, I was able to adjust my swing for smash after smash action. My badminton colleague and I usually split games, but today I swept the floor and 5-0 in our session. I'm not sure if I was just "on" or if it was the new racket....but either way I'm very much content with the Finapi so far, and look forward to playing with it more over the next few weeks.

I hope this helps to anyone who's looking for a good starting racket, and I'm interested to hear what others think of the Finapi. Happy smashing!