grommets does size matter?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by monticore, Feb 15, 2011.

1. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i think type a and d are single and band c are double , but does lenght matter? i assume i should put the largest size that fits .

cory

2. monticore

monticore Regular Member

ooops i have grommets typ c,b,f,i,e from mybadmintonstore online. but i guess wht i am asking is longer better or shorter when it comes to protecting strings.

cory

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for shared hole, you cannot have an extra long grommet. the grommet will get split.

for non-shared holes, i guess there is no hard rule on the length. some people use longer grommets in the hope that it will protect the strings from snapping. but purist will certainly argue that longer grommet means more air-resistance.

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Be sure to use the correct width as well. A wide shared grommet will not fit into a hole drilled for a narrow non-shared hole. However, a narrow non-shared grommet will definitely fit in a wide shared hole, but will have a very hard time accomodating more than one string.

Length is subjective. I myself cut the grommet just past the frame, enough to make sure the string does not damage the frame, but as short as possible to allow maximum string deflection and the largest possible sweetspot.