Asking Advice for new shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Aionios, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Aionios

Aionios New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy some new shoes for badminton, but I don't know which shoe to take anymore. I've been looking for some time now and found much information, but it is not making much sense to me anymore.

I have been to a store near to me and they recommended the Mizuno Wave Spike for me, because i have wide feet, also tried the Asics Gel-Tactic but they felt a bit small.

Can you tell me if I am making a good choice? I have been playing badminton for some years now in free time for fun, hoping to join a team this year for more serious playing. If i'm right I should have size 9 in US sizes.

Thanks in advance for the advice

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Asics shoes are usually narrow.

if you have wide feet, some Mizuno models are specifically designed to be wide. Yonex and Victor also have wide shoes.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the Wave Spikes are volleyball shoes. which is OK for badminton if you really cannot find badminton specifics shoes. volleyball shoes usually have more padding while badminton shoes are thinner on the sole to get lower to the ground.

4. Aionios

Aionios New Member

Okay, I always thought asics where quite wide shoes, but are there some shoes that could be usefull for me, since my old ones are done for. I also think i have access to most of the shoes since I am going to buy them online

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not a good idea to buy shoes online. you really need to physically try to fit in it.

i recent bought a pair of Victor 8000H, as it turned out, the same exact sized Victor 8000C is stiffer and narrower than the H. where the only difference should just be color. there are a huge variation in fit even if they are the same size.

6. Aionios

Aionios New Member

That's true, if possible I would like to go to the store and try them on, but would have to find that store first. Saw Mizuno shoes for the first time in a store since today and Yonex and Victor i've never seen.

7. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

For badminton shoes, you have to pay attention on the cushion, it will give you better reflect to make your footwork faster.
    Make sure the cushions are on front and rear.
    Then you can try the shoes, is it comfort on your foot? Try to jump and feel the bounce.
    Then you can try the "sticky"-ness of the sole. Is it as per your preference? Try to skid it and feel the grip.
    You can try to browse the website to read about the model and the technology used in the shoes before you go down to the store.
    Here are some links to consider:
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/technology/shoes.html
    http://www.victorracquets.com/shoes.php
    http://mizunoshoes.com/volleyball.html

Happy smashing :)

8. Aionios

Aionios New Member

Been to a shop today where they sold Yonex shoes where I tried on the SHB-101MX, which felt a bit too small in width, although the length was fine. The guy there said this was their widest pair they had.

I still wanted to try on the Mizuno wave spike since that shoe felt perfectly, but haven't found a size 9 yet. But I have a question about that shoe, is it also usable for Badminton or do you guys suggest to search a little further for a shoe that is better for badminton?

9. Aionios

Aionios New Member

Have been searching past few days and also found out that there was the Mizuno Wave smash or other similar shoes :S, but those shoes I could not find anywhere in Holland. Haven't searched everywhere yet, but gave up.

I Also found the Wave Spike in my size and it felt the same as the Yonex shoe (SHB-101MX) i tried on before, because of this i decided to just get the Yonex unless it is smaller then i remembered.

Now lets just hope they will still have that shoe in my size...

But thank you all for the advice given.

10. sfl333

sfl333 Regular Member

sales ececutive
    U can try KX brands shoes , I just bought 1 pair, very good quality and comfortable.:). U can go to www.kxbadminton.com to search for it.