User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've purchased a couple of items before from an eBay Seller in HK. The last time it took 2 months for the items to arrive, due to stricter security by ICE (US Customs). Before it took a week or two to arrive.

adidasCA, It does not really matter if the seller is from ebay or not, they still ship from HK and use HK Post (EMS). Some ebay sellers have a regular website, like Suntek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    adidasCA, It does not really matter if the seller is from ebay or not, they still ship from HK and use HK Post (EMS). Some ebay sellers have a regular website, like Suntek.
    Why is this forum so quick to prove "guilty" without any proof?
    You buy fake items from another source and then all sources are instantly painted with the same brush? I'm not saying it's not possible but seriously?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said anything about fake. I think I bought a digital scale from dealextreme before. I've also purchased Xuron cutters from SuntekStore for about 1/3rd the cost. Were the Xuron fake? I don't really know for sure, but they work fine.

All forums are quick to pre-judge any statement. It's a matter of the reader to make their own judgement based on their own experience, and not that of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said anything about fake. I think I bought a digital scale from dealextreme before. I've also purchased Xuron cutters from SuntekStore for about 1/3rd the cost. Were the Xuron fake? I don't really know for sure, but they work fine.

All forums are quick to pre-judge any statement. It's a matter of the reader to make their own judgement based on their own experience, and not that of others.
    OK, sorry..I see what you were saying but is there anywhere else (other than China and Taiwan) which makes badminton string (at least at this volume)? Logically most would be shipped from HK or China, right? So even genuine string will likely originate from HK or China at some point, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Taiwan. Though Taiwan quality is much better than anything from Mainland China. You always have to wary of cheap string, especially when it comes from HK. HK is the shipping port for Southern China. Yonex is suppose to be made in Japan like their rackets. What gets me is Eagnas (Maxline) sells Signum Pro strings, but AFAIK, Signum Pro is made in Germany.

All I can say is take a chance, if it works out great, buy more. If not, you are only out $2.50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget Taiwan. Though Taiwan quality is much better than anything from Mainland China. You always have to wary of cheap string, especially when it comes from HK. HK is the shipping port for Southern China. Yonex is suppose to be made in Japan like their rackets. What gets me is Eagnas (Maxline) sells Signum Pro strings, but AFAIK, Signum Pro is made in Germany.

All I can say is take a chance, if it works out great, buy more. If not, you are only out $2.50.

I know we don't need to go the recent thread on Yonex "Japan" thread! LOL
    Yonex has factories in Taiwan?
    RSL say England on the cap......??? ; )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    Yonex has factories in Taiwan?
    All Yonex string made in Japan. Only 3 low end MP model of Yonex racket made in Taiwan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    two unrelated sellers..dealextreme.com is NOT ebay/the seller from ebay
    I mean, be caution, not genuine Yonex string is present on the not Yonex Authorized retailer store.
    Bargain is good, but NBG-95 has MSRP US $16 in the US market. Distributer get it for US $9.40 (w/o shipping yet)
    Did you check detail of the picture they posted, I saw many thing is out of the place, but one little "." caught my attention. The "." next to 22 GA. which is missing from all genuine Yonex NBG-95 package, but not it one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexccs,
    Not all Yonex strings are made in Japan, BG-6 and BG-9 are made in China (according to the information on the packaging). Also mid-price range Yonex rackets are made in Taiwan. The low end ones are made in China.

To all,
    I called Sunrise and brought dealextreme.com to their attention. While Sunrise and myself would not wish to make any judgment before evidence, they said all genuine Yonex strings have a laser Yonex sticker on the packaging, and SP strings have a Sunrise laser sticker in addition to the Yonex laser sticker on the packaging. If you see these stickers you can be guranteed of the quality and that they are genuine Yonex strings sold from an authorized channel.

That's all I can say for now and if anyone would like to buy a pack from dealextreme to find out the truth, please feel free.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the dealextreme page it looks like a cut set from reel, but that could just be an sample of what the string looks like.
    Doesn't Yonex use a custom Ziptie like Gamma and Gosen? That Ziptie looks a bit generic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The points about the lazer stickers and and zipties are good ones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that it not worth the effort to buy from dx as authenticity cannot be established. And unless one buy in large volume, the savings is not even enough to buy a Subway sandwich.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Seems that it not worth the effort to buy from dx as authenticity cannot be established. And unless one buy in large volume, the savings is not even enough to buy a Subway sandwich.
    The last time I checked, Subway footlong was $5 for the month of February. Also the difference between the average sale price in the US is $13.50 and cost from DX is $2.50, simple math calculations comes to a difference of $11. I can buy two Subway Footlongs for that savings.

I apologies for the sarcasm, but the door was wide open. Though it may take a few weeks for delivery, I'm curious to find out if they are indeed genuine or fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude. The price of a footlong sandwich in Singapore/ malaysia is not the same as what u pay in yr country. Neither is the price of the said string.

The last time I checked, Subway footlong was $5 for the month of February. Also the difference between the average sale price in the US is $13.50 and cost from DX is $2.50, simple math calculations comes to a difference of $11. I can buy two Subway Footlongs for that savings.

I apologies for the sarcasm, but the door was wide open. Though it may take a few weeks for delivery, I'm curious to find out if they are indeed genuine or fake.
    Last edited by txv611; 02-19-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Dude. The price of a footlong sandwich in Singapore/ malaysia is not the same as what u pay in yr country. Neither is the price of the said string.
    Prices will vary around the World, but we are talking about prices in the US and North America. I was in Rome a couple of years ago and was tired of eating Pizza and Pasta, so I went to a McDonalds to get a Quarter Pounder Meal, I paid more than 10 Euros. Twice the amount I would have paid here in the US. There may not be a great savings for you, but it is to us.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

gentlemen....

not worth arguing over such small matters.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winstonchan View Post
    Alexccs,
    Not all Yonex strings are made in Japan, BG-6 and BG-9 are made in China (according to the information on the packaging). Also mid-price range Yonex rackets are made in Taiwan. The low end ones are made in China.

To all,
    I called Sunrise and brought dealextreme.com to their attention. While Sunrise and myself would not wish to make any judgment before evidence, they said all genuine Yonex strings have a laser Yonex sticker on the packaging, and SP strings have a Sunrise laser sticker in addition to the Yonex laser sticker on the packaging. If you see these stickers you can be guranteed of the quality and that they are genuine Yonex strings sold from an authorized channel.

That's all I can say for now and if anyone would like to buy a pack from dealextreme to find out the truth, please feel free.
    Winston,

do you mind posting a picture of a genuine NBG95 SP so we can compare?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast