User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I made my comments, it was obviously based on prices relevant to me in my country. The sarcasm is totally unnecessary as your analysis is only relevant to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by CovinaStringer View Post
    Prices will vary around the World, but we are talking about prices in the US and North America. I was in Rome a couple of years ago and was tired of eating Pizza and Pasta, so I went to a McDonalds to get a Quarter Pounder Meal, I paid more than 10 Euros. Twice the amount I would have paid here in the US. There may not be a great savings for you, but it is to us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although they post a picture of genuine YONEX string and packages, but nobody can guaranteed the string they post are the same as in the picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Winston,

do you mind posting a picture of a genuine NBG95 SP so we can compare?
    sure kwun, i shall do that when i get back to the office tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    Seems that it not worth the effort to buy from dx as authenticity cannot be established. And unless one buy in large volume, the savings is not even enough to buy a Subway sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    When I made my comments, it was obviously based on prices relevant to me in my country. The sarcasm is totally unnecessary as your analysis is only relevant to your country.
    Obviously, we were taking about US prices. The price was quoted in USD. The OP, though from Canada, is in North America. I don't know the price of a Subway footlong in SG, but I do know the price in the US. To say the savings is not enough to buy a sandwich is biased based on your location, thus making your original statement irrelevant in this situation.

I apologize if my reply to your original statement was uncalled for, though totally irrelevant in this thread.

If the moderators or Admins wish to delete any of the replies, I have no problem with that as the statements made by tvx611 and I were not necessary to this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    The points about the lazer stickers and and zipties are good ones!
    Not for or against DealExtreme.com as Panda has no experience with them but a few observations:

1) When purchasing anything online, the packaging and what's actually sent can be different.

2) Yonex uses generic zip ties from what Panda has experienced, so no biggie there.

Quote Originally Posted by winstonchan View Post
    sure kwun, i shall do that when i get back to the office tomorrow...
    Winston: saved you the trouble. Here are some images:

Edit: wow, Panda's image got re-sized.

Original here: click HERE

Last edited by DinkAlot; 02-20-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for picture!

What's the difference between the SP and the Hologram Yonex sticker?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dan. My camera sucks (so does my photography skills) so thanks for posting the image up for me.

I went through all the strings I have in stock and discovered that not all genuine Yonex SP strings have Sunrise hologram stickers on them, they only have the Yonex hologram sticker on them. May be Sunrise is not putting stickers on all batches. Anyway I found a pack of BG-80 SP with a Sunrise hologram on it, for everyone's reference.

Name:  IMG_1653R.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  57.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm it would seems that the nanogy95 selling on dealextreme is legitimate then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lneoas View Post
    hmmm it would seems that the nanogy95 selling on dealextreme is legitimate then?
    Hmmm.... How did you come to that conclusion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well since we cannot prove that it is not legitimate so it had to be legitimate right?
    actually i had a friend who made quite a lot of purchase from dealextreme before(mostly iphone accessories) and they normally do not put the maker of the product unless its real..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really won't know until adidas gets his order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexccs,
    Not all Yonex strings are made in Japan, BG-6 and BG-9 are made in China (according to the information on the packaging). Also mid-price range Yonex rackets are made in Taiwan. The low end ones are made in China.

To all,
    I called Sunrise and brought dealextreme.com to their attention. While Sunrise and myself would not wish to make any judgment before evidence, they said all genuine Yonex strings have a laser Yonex sticker on the packaging, and SP strings have a Sunrise laser sticker in addition to the Yonex laser sticker on the packaging. If you see these stickers you can be guranteed of the quality and that they are genuine Yonex strings sold from an authorized channel.

That's all I can say for now and if anyone would like to buy a pack from dealextreme to find out the truth, please feel free.
    This site is known to Sunrise (known as Seth & Co. in HK) in Hong Kong and its NBG-95 is fake.
    As a matter of fact many in HK have bought this string, only to find out its fake.
    All Yonex strings shipped to Sunrise in HK, even those strings like BG-6 that are made under contract with Chinese manufacturers, are shipped from Japan directly with a Yonex Japan golden laser sticker. When Sunrise (Seth) in HK receives the strings from Yonex Japan, they stick a bigger golden laser Sunrise sticker partially over the Yonex Japan sticker.
    Therefore if your Yonex SP strings come from Sunrise (Seth) HK look out for these two golden laser stickers. If they are not there then it is not authentic Sunrise HK (Seth) strings.
    Also there are other tell tale signs you can check. Get a pack of SP NBG-95 without the two laser stickers and compare it with another genuine one, and the difference is obvious in the quality of the packing and the subtle colors of the wordings and colored parts. Also the zip-tying of the fake is non standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexccs,
    Not all Yonex strings are made in Japan, BG-6 and BG-9 are made in China (according to the information on the packaging). Also mid-price range Yonex rackets are made in Taiwan. The low end ones are made in China.
    Thank you for your remainder, since we do not have Bg-6 and Bg-9 here in the US. I almost forgot those string exist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    This site is known to Sunrise (known as Seth & Co. in HK) in Hong Kong and its NBG-95 is fake.
    As a matter of fact many in HK have bought this string, only to find out its fake.
    All Yonex strings shipped to Sunrise in HK, even those strings like BG-6 that are made under contract with Chinese manufacturers, are shipped from Japan directly with a Yonex Japan golden laser sticker. When Sunrise (Seth) in HK receives the strings from Yonex Japan, they stick a bigger golden laser Sunrise sticker partially over the Yonex Japan sticker.
    Therefore if your Yonex SP strings come from Sunrise (Seth) HK look out for these two golden laser stickers. If they are not there then it is not authentic Sunrise HK (Seth) strings.
    Also there are other tell tale signs you can check. Get a pack of SP NBG-95 without the two laser stickers and compare it with another genuine one, and the difference is obvious in the quality of the packing and the subtle colors of the wordings and colored parts. Also the zip-tying of the fake is non standard.
    Thank you taneepak for confirming such important information to us. In that case I should let Seth & Co. know that they are not consistent with putting the Sunrise hologram on every pack of SP strings because as I said not every pack of string I got from them has the Sunrise hologram on and only the Yonex hologram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you taneepak for confirming such important information to us. In that case I should let Seth & Co. know that they are not consistent with putting the Sunrise hologram on every pack of SP strings because as I said not every pack of string I got from them has the Sunrise hologram on and only the Yonex hologram.
    This shouldn't be the case if you get your goods directly from Seth & Co. Perhaps, it is possible that dealers in HK may strip the Sunrise hologram from the string pack for other uses like on a racket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, there are private stringers in HK who use fake NBG-95 strings and charge their customers only half the price of genuine one.
    I am not sure if the stores here do the same thing. To be sure you get the genuine string is strung on your racket, it is wise to be at the store and then inspect the string first before he begins the stringing job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    This shouldn't be the case if you get your goods directly from Seth & Co. Perhaps, it is possible that dealers in HK may strip the Sunrise hologram from the string pack for other uses like on a racket?
    yes strings direct from seth & co, no stripping.. invoices & delivery notes kept.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast