User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 36
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes I agree.

    From what prize money that LCW earned from this event, LCW could have played in either of the CHN and INA leagues, to earn more.

    Perhaps, BAM couldn't get enough financial sponsors.

    But what has happened will shut up some BCers who think that LCW is only interested in playing to win BIG prize monies.
    .
    LCW will be playing in 2 matches this week in the INA league as a favor to his very good friend, TH.


  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Is Chong Wei Feng the toughest local elite player to beat in view of the longer time duration to beat him? Or was LCW not playing that seriously as he did against MAAL?
    hmm
    so u miss out a nice match
    i would say it was even better than ssmf or mo final

  3. #20
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Chong Wei Feng did well (it was quite a close Game 2) and extended LCW to a 46-minutes match. But I did not get a chance to watch the match. Hope that BCers who watched the match would tell us.
    .
    Lee Chong Wei held back at the beginning of both games, and gave CWF a lead until the interval (about 5 points lead) Then he stepped up the pace and went all out. CWF got stuck in the first game when LCW suddenly changed his pace and dropped many points before picking up towards the end but in the second he was able to respond well. I dare say that he has the best defense among all MAS shuttlers excluding LCW.

    Arif's match was pretty dull, as LCW played half pace throughout the whole match spare a few rallies.

  4. #21
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question CWF would be promoted to MAS No.2 Mens Singles player?

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Lee Chong Wei held back at the beginning of both games, and gave CWF a lead until the interval (about 5 points lead) Then he stepped up the pace and went all out. CWF got stuck in the first game when LCW suddenly changed his pace and dropped many points before picking up towards the end but in the second he was able to respond well. I dare say that he has the best defense among all MAS shuttlers excluding LCW.

    Arif's match was pretty dull, as LCW played half pace throughout the whole match spare a few rallies.
    .
    Perhaps CWF would be promoted to MAS No.2 Mens Singles player soon.

    But heard that HH played well at the INA League (yesterday) too.
    .

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This post in KL Talk mentions badminton, squash and maybe cycling as perhaps the only sports that a few Malaysians are good at and makes for interesting reading.
    ************************************************** ***********

    MALAYSIA'S FORMER GOLF TUTOR

    Posted by LLH on February 21, 2011 at 06:53:05:
    Malaysia’s former golf tutor, Vijay Singh, is on the mend again after being winless for two years. He last won the Bridgestone Invitational in Aug 2008.
    This is the longest slump for Vijay who was Number 1 in the Official World Golf Rankings for 32 weeks in 2004 and 2005. No doubt his knee surgery and rehabilitation contributed to his slump but Vijay is not a quitter. He has been working on his game and at 48 years of age he is signaling to the golfing world that he is making a comeback.
    His results for 2011 are as follows:-
    Farmers Insurance Open(P20,S-5)
    Waste Management Phoenix Open(P3,S-16}
    AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am(P26,S-4)
    Northern Trust Open(P2,S-10)
    P=Position, S=Score
    It is a shame that no Malaysian has ever won a title worthy of mention unlike the Thais, Koreans and Singaporeans. When DC qualified for the main draw of the 2010 British Open, there was a lot of hoo-ha on the ‘achievement’ but since then nothing amounted of that.
    I often wonder why Malaysians are such poor performers in most sports except for badminton and squash and maybe cycling and even in these sports we are relying on one or two star achievers. Is it a lack of discipline and commitment or are the athletes too pampered?
    Last edited by skchen; 02-22-2011 at 10:22 AM.

  6. #23
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up The world best players were found in Malaysia back around the 1939-1969 period

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    I often wonder why Malaysians are such poor performers in most sports except for badminton and squash and maybe cycling and even in these sports we are relying on one or two star achievers. Is it a lack of discipline and commitment or are the athletes too pampered?
    .
    IMHO, for Badminton, the world best players were found in Malaysia back around the 1939-1969 'Golden Badminton' period. This influenced many kids to learn to play when young. Many houses with a big backyard have an outdoor court each. Most of the better players in this 'Golden' period were from richer families where opportunities were made accessible to them. Many schools were involved in inter-schools competitions. Many local community associations also held inter-associations tournaments. Everyone was encouraging everyone to play well at Badminton (starting at a younger age).

    Today, younger Malaysian are less active in sports. They prefer to play computer games, watching videos, etc, etc, ...... Working out a sweat is not considered 'Cool' anymore.

    As for me, I was presented with Badminton racket on my 10th birthday.

    .

  7. #24
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Lee Chong Wei Wins 9th Consecutive National GP Title

    .
    An article from Bernama;

    Lee Chong Wei Wins 9th Consecutive National GP Title

    http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/ne....php?id=565375
    .

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    IMHO, for Badminton, the world best players were found in Malaysia back around the 1939-1969 'Golden Badminton' period. This influenced many kids to learn to play when young. Many houses with a big backyard have an outdoor court each. Most of the better players in this 'Golden' period were from richer families where opportunities were made accessible to them. Many schools were involved in inter-schools competitions. Many local community associations also held inter-associations tournaments. Everyone was encouraging everyone to play well at Badminton (starting at a younger age).

    Today, younger Malaysian are less active in sports. They prefer to play computer games, watching videos, etc, etc, ...... Working out a sweat is not considered 'Cool' anymore.

    As for me, I was presented with Badminton racket on my 10th birthday.

    .
    Your observation is 'spot on' and explains the decline.
    But then, we now have good prize monies and sponsorships for the professionals in such sports such as tennis, golf and even badminton and the professionals can survive if they do quite well.
    Even the national football squad was well rewarded for winning the Suzuki Cup recently
    and hopefully others are motivated.
    Obviously golf is the 'best' sport to go for as it has a 'long shelf life' where players can compete even in their sixties. In the USA, there is a separate golf competition for the 'seniors' and the prize monies are very decent. Hopefully, Asia could stage senior competitions in due course.

    Last edited by skchen; 02-22-2011 at 06:50 PM.

  9. #26
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow LCW at the 2011 Indonesia Badminton Super League

    .
    Just heard about the news of this match just finished (minutes ago), played in Surabaya;

    Indonesia Badminton Super League
    * 24-Feb-2011 Lee Chong Wei-Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka...18-21, 25-23, 22-20

    What a close match !!!
    .

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sarawak
    Posts
    944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Just heard about the news of this match just finished (minutes ago), played in Surabaya;

    Indonesia Badminton Super League
    * 24-Feb-2011 Lee Chong Wei-Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka...18-21, 25-23, 22-20

    What a close match !!!
    .
    LCW must be very tired as he had just finished playing Malaysian National Circuit and had to jet to Surabaya. He made a commitment to his good friend,TH, and he is a gentleman not to disappoint him. Any other player would have rested and prepare for the AE from March 9-13. Hopefully, LCW would not be overstretched for the AE.

  11. #28
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow LCW must have been very tired

    Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    LCW must be very tired as he had just finished playing Malaysian National Circuit and had to jet to Surabaya. He made a commitment to his good friend,TH, and he is a gentleman not to disappoint him. Any other player would have rested and prepare for the AE from March 9-13. Hopefully, LCW would not be overstretched for the AE.
    .
    Agree. LCW must have been very tired.

    It took 77 minutes for Lee Chong Wei to defeat Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka (with the close scores of 18-21, 25-23, 22-20).
    .

  12. #29
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I read in ina league thread.. Hayom was injured in the 3rd set and got treatment from doctor

  13. #30
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Agree. LCW must have been very tired.

    It took 77 minutes for Lee Chong Wei to defeat Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka (with the close scores of 18-21, 25-23, 22-20).
    .
    Yup. busy and hectic schedule for him.. aster the national circuit he straight went to ina for the league.. luckily he didn't suffer any injury in that match

  14. #31
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Lee Chong Wei defeated Adi Pratama 21-14, 21-13 (on 23-Feb-2011)

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yup. busy and hectic schedule for him.. aster the national circuit he straight went to ina for the league.. luckily he didn't suffer any injury in that match
    .
    There was another match that LCW played (before the Hayom's match);

    * 23-Feb-2011 Lee Chong Wei-Adi Pratama.......................21-14, 21-13
    .

  15. #32
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Lee Chong Wei defeated Chan Yan Kit 22-20, 21-16 (on 26-Feb-2011)

    .
    The results of last match that LCW played at the Indonesia Badminton Super League;

    * 26-Feb-2011 Lee Chong Wei-Chan Yan Kit.....................22-20, 21-16
    .

  16. #33
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    The results of last match that LCW played at the Indonesia Badminton Super League;

    * 26-Feb-2011 Lee Chong Wei-Chan Yan Kit.....................22-20, 21-16
    .
    Close match. Nice to see Chan Yan Kit is holding his ground against LCW.

  17. #34
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,844
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Close match: LCW-vs-CYK

    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    Close match. Nice to see Chan Yan Kit is holding his ground against LCW.
    .
    IMHO, LCW was playing with less pressure at this Indonesia Badminton Super League; It's very different from when playing in the other BWF tournaments (when representing Malaysia).

    From the results, I've found that LCW played in a more relaxed manner because his Indonesian Club was not telling him that he has to win (not like BAM telling him at his other BWF tournaments).

    This is just my opinion.
    .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let's follow Lee Chong Wei to the 2011 Malaysia Open GP Gold (May 03-08)
    By chris-ccc in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011
    Replies: 21
    : 05-09-2011, 11:55 PM
  2. Let's follow Lee Chong Wei to the 2011 All England SSP (Mar 08-13)
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011
    Replies: 61
    : 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
  3. Replies: 181
    : 02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    : 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
  5. Let us follow Lee Chong Wei to the 2011 Korea Open Premier Super Series
    By chris-ccc in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011
    Replies: 134
    : 02-07-2011, 01:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •