APACS SLAYER 99 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jean_luc50, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jean_luc50

jean_luc50 Regular Member

Hi, i'm just sharing a quick review of the new slayer 99.

FIrst of all, before switching to this racket, i was player with apacs Tantrum 200.

In my opinion, T200 is one of the best racket ever made. so I'll compare the slayer 99 to the T200.

Quickness: the S99 is so quick! its 3U but its as quick as 4U!! smash returns are so easy and could easily clear from back hand! it's also very fast at the net. its faster than t200

power: I think that i have more power with S99 even if its not head heavy like the T200. my smashes were great but I think that in a couple of weeks, they are going to be a lot stronger

precision: The 2 rackets are equal in term of precision.

please people share your opinion on the brand new racket!

2. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

Do u own the lethal 70 as well? I was planning on purchasing the slayer 99. Right now I have the Slayer 95 and Lethal 70.

3. jean_luc50

no i never tried lethal 70. I'm planning on purchasing it lol. But i'm very happy with my S99. its one step higher than the tantrum 200 in my opinion. How is the slayer 95?

4. Shadowz619

5. Shadowz619

is the slayer 99 head heavy?

6. jean_luc50

its 3U even balance.

I'm a head heavy player, and its the first even balance that gives me as much power!

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

how stiff is the Slayer 99?

8. jean_luc50

in apacs range, 7.0 is very stiff and 9.0 is very flex. on the shaft it says 7.5... and it feels stiff. Compared to the tantrum 200, Slayer 99 is more stiff.

9. tomwfc

tomwfc Regular Member

i have just received my APACS SLAYER 99. It looks really good. I haven't played with it yet but it feels really nice. (Apart from a very poor standard grip) I will post a review on monday after giving it a go over the weekend

10. Shadowz619

It is not head heavy, its an even balance.

11. Shadowz619

I bought myself a slayer 99 for kicks. I didn't like it since it was an even balance racquet. One of the highlights of the racquet though is definitely the stability in which u receive when the birdie is in contact with the racquet face. Aside from that, I would spend my money on another Lethal 70 =) .

12. tomwfc

tomwfc Regular Member

Just given it ago and it is so easy to clear the shuttle. At the net this is phenomenal. I could consistently get within centimetres of the net cord.It is truly awesome

13. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

am a bit confused with regards to apacs and their flex rating. I have a lurid power 23 and its supposed to be stiff. But its not. Far from it. My carbonex 21sp and prince more+xl are far stiffer. heck, my YY nanospeed 200 which has a flexible shaft is stiffer.

So just how stiff is the slayer 99's stiff. Is it like voltric 70 or 80 stiff?
    I dont have a store anywhere near me to get a hands on, so some feedback would be much appreciated.

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree the Tantrum is a very good racket, I bought it for my wife. I used the APAC LT50, fantastic racket. I think you are giving too much credit to APAC and APAC should pay for your compliments and free publicity...the truth is you are a very good player and you make the APAC Slayer looks good.

15. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Any insight on this? Anybody?

16. radmaszeal

radmaszeal Regular Member

engineer
    not sure about voltric 70 or 80, but the slayer 99 is much stiffer than my wilson k blaze and voltric 5, both are medium flex. on the apacs stiffness scale, the slayer 99 is stiff, but not extra stiff. cant really compare to other rackets cos i havent tried many yet.

17. samlim89

samlim89 Regular Member

student
    but the clone racket actually not bad and sell very ceap eg voltric series one in clone called finnex in apacs . i not sure whether the clone one is as good as the ori one but the price is so lesser than the ori. recently i just bought apacs de slayer damn good

18. jean_luc50

been playing for a long time with slayer 99, I developped elbow problems. The racket is just too stiff for me. My string tension was also very high. So, a very stiff racket and a very high string tension, that really hurts tennis elbow. I went back to my tantrum 200 and foud that it have just have the right flex for me