stringing patterns

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by monticore, Feb 18, 2011.

1. monticore

monticore Regular Member

i have been able to find some companie stringing patterns, yonex/blacknight etc..

but some i have not be able to , is there a site or easier way to try and find than searching each individual site.looking for msotly common ones like victor/carlton/head

and if i can;t locate them can i just use the other rackets pattern from yonex.

cory

2. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Cory,

You can use klipper's site - http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/manufacturers.php - just choose the manufacturer and look up the model name. It tells you how many mains and crosses, plus tie off points etc - which is good as a guide. If you get a strange racquet coming in, if it still has string on it - I usually just take a photo as a record, otherwise use something like the yonex patterns. Use your own judgement on the tension though, as klipper tensions can be for the older racquets, and not the newer models. The older the frame the less tension usually like 17-18lb - depends on who the racquet is for... Doesn't have victor or head though.

-John

3. monticore

monticore Regular Member

yeah i found klippers site but some seemed outdated as far as the tension and few other things .

thanks

cory

4. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    agree - just a little outdated...

For Victor, if it is a relatively new racquet, the victor international site gives max tensions
    http://www.victor-international.com/e_index.php?page=iw

Just have to choose the badminton racquet, but patterns I have not seen other than what other people have worked out, or from prestrung racquets. Unless you have to be a retailer to get this information.

#4 johnlowe88, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. monticore

monticore Regular Member

sounds good thanks again, i might send eric from sqashmart an e-mail he might know since he strings/sells victor.

also the only thing i don't like about using the previous string pattern on the racket is it might be wrong. the local guys didn't use a a 2 piece pattern on my cab 20 and added a 23rd cross.

cory

#5 monticore, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

7. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Hi maa2003

Could you embed direct image than giving the link of different patterns as I am able to see the picture on clicking your given links of imageshack.us. Please do the needful.

8. monticore

monticore Regular Member

has anybody tried e-mailing victor or other companies that don't display they patterns on their site for more info.

i e-mailed black knight asking if they had different patterns thans the 1 displayed on their site and they said yes and were going to send me a catalogue. not sure what the catalogue contains but if has any usefull info i will post it.

cory

9. druss

druss Regular Member

Just because it doesn't follow the "approved" yonex pattern doesn't mean it won't work just as well. Many people string their Yonex rackets 1 piece by choice. Also, the Yonex pattern is impossible to follow if you don't have fixed clamps as flying clamps can't get the second last main on each side.

10. monticore

monticore Regular Member

the only reason i want to use approved patterns for each company is possible warranty issues.i understand you don't need to follow them exactly. i used the yonex pattern with just flying clamps on my cabs and it turned out fine, i just pull the last two main using +2lbs.

cory

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  12. kill895

kill895 Regular Member

what about for li ning n90??