Apacs Slayer 95 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shadowz619, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

Apacs Slayer 95

First of all, I've been using Apacs racquets for the last two years. I own or owned the: Nano 9900 (sold), Nanopower 900 (sold), Edgesaber Z slayer (red and yellow (sold)), Lethal 70, and the newest addition: Slayer 95

In my opinion, the slayer 95 would be on the par with the Nano 9900.. Very light, 5U racquet.. EXTREMELY EASY to make the transition to the Slayer 95. I picked it up and it felt like an extension of my arm.

Swing speed: the S95 is so quick! its 3U, smash returns are fluid and playing a defensive style would benefit a lot with this racquet. it's also very fast at the net. Probably felt faster b/c I've been using the Lethal 70 until this point.

power: Despite the lightning fast swing speed, it generates a smash that is like 1/4 my current ability. I still cant get used to smashing it... proper techique + time should fix this problem... i hope.

Accuracy: Two word: BULLS EYE

Overall impression: If you are defensive player and/or net player, u will want to order two. Offensive player who likes to smash a lot.. look sumwhere else.. noobie will like a lot. For abt 115 dollars, its a good deal i guess.

2. Badminchess

Badminchess Regular Member

If the S95 is on par with the Nano 9.9k, why did you sell the Nano? o_O

3. Shadowz619

Shadowz619 Regular Member

the apacs version of the 9900 was too head light, didnt generate enough power.