User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    !There is a technique to tying/lacing your shoes, to ensure you don't slip forward in your shoes. You'll also get better ankle support. Again, I'll post pictures soon.
    I'm curious to know how you tie it... is it normal fit at toes but tighter fit at ankle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this article very instructive with videos,etc.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...2334-0,00.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviving this old thread as it's a problem I've always had in my adult years of playing badminton.

I must have lost 4 big toenails in my time and it is very annoying. It happens when I have to sprint and stop hard such as lunging to retrieve a drop at the net coming from the rear court as my partner couldn't get to it. It goes black and eventually falls off. Sometimes it just goes black but doesn't fall off.

I've gotten used to trimming and filing my big toenail as far back as possible but it only seems to help slightly. My big toe still seems to push into the front of the shoe.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution or ways to help with this problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum hard to say. Maybe, try to land with your heel making a lunge to finish your movement. Also, maybe shoes a little bit smaller (1/2 size smaller) could be a solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt that its cause he landed on the balls of his feet, the only reason is that his toe nails are too long.

I had a toe nail come off, it doesnt hurt one bit when it comes off, you'll be fine for your tourney

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    Reviving this old thread as it's a problem I've always had in my adult years of playing badminton.

I must have lost 4 big toenails in my time and it is very annoying. It happens when I have to sprint and stop hard such as lunging to retrieve a drop at the net coming from the rear court as my partner couldn't get to it. It goes black and eventually falls off. Sometimes it just goes black but doesn't fall off.

I've gotten used to trimming and filing my big toenail as far back as possible but it only seems to help slightly. My big toe still seems to push into the front of the shoe.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution or ways to help with this problem?
    perhaps socks with thicker knit at the toes area would help cushion the impact...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL........TIE UP YOUR SHOES PROPERLY!!! There is a technique to tying/lacing your shoes, to ensure you don't slip forward in your shoes.

The only major cause and solution is what Sakura had strongly mentioned, TIED UP YOUR SHOES PROPERLY. As long as your foot will not slip forward against your shoe, you will not get this kind of injury, unless you landed in a very bad way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had two toe nails broken since I started playing. Haven't had it in a while though, but I think a few points have contributed to that. One, faster footwork meaning less excessive force with the racket foot when plunging forward. Second of all, I'm making better use of my heel than before.
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    I've had two toe nails broken since I started playing. Haven't had it in a while though, but I think a few points have contributed to that. One, faster footwork meaning less excessive force with the racket foot when plunging forward. Second of all, I'm making better use of my heel than before.
    Hope this helps.
    Some really interesting tips there. I will bare that in mind and see if it makes any difference. Thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also try and get your partner to move more and work on your positioning and lunge technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im facing the same problem too... it was very painful... the toe nail turn to dark blue colour and it did came off by itself but then, the nail become very soft and weak... very sensitive and easy to feel the pain if it's too long while wearing a tight shoes... nowadays, i have to be very careful by using wider shoes and always (ALWAYS) trim the nail... if not it will be very painful!

Quote Originally Posted by asterisk View Post
    Recently, I noticed that my big toe nail is starting to fall off (on my racket foot)...
    I've been bandaging it so it doesn't shift around when I move around, but I know it's going to fall off sooner or later.

Will I still be able to play when it comes off?? @_@ I have a tournament in a month, so I want to avert the pain until afterwards, if I can.

Should I get another pair of badminton shoes as well? I have an extra pair, but it's a lot tighter on my feet. ):

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I've changed recently that I'd like to share is wearing thicker socks and then tying my shoe laces much tighter and using the highest shoe lace holes on my shoes. This way the shoe is far more snug against my foot and reduces the amount of movement inside the shoe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2