User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to play some friendly games with your club. Can you arrange one ? I can send 4 MD, 3XD and 1WD. We can play plastic or feather.

Quote Originally Posted by MBCLLAP View Post
    I would like to set it up. By setting up these friendlies matches I am hoping we can build up good relationship between clubs, so we can beging to set up recreational league play between us. One of my long term goal is to set up a league play between clubs so when 2014 come along to occupy our new badminton facility, the league play will already be in place.

We paid $31 an hour for a 9 courts gym. All our gym times are on the weekend. Do you have time to meet up with my VP of Special Event to start planning this special friendlies.

You can also email me at ==> info@markhambadminton.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I can. Let us aim for end of April/May. Maybe we can put one together along with Sakura. Where is your club? can you send me your email or email me at info@markham@badminton.com . What level are your players at and what age group. There seem to be a lot of interest in friendlies. I will approach my Board of Directors to see if I can reserve some courts at MDHS from 4 pm to 7 pm (we have 9 over there) starting in May to middle of june for friendlies with other clubs and continue to play between clubs every week for 6 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May be off topic...

With all these discussions going on...I hope your all are aware of

2011 Badminton Club Championships

Club friendly matches have been going on for years between DBC (club that I play) and others...We have friendly matches just about every month with other clubs.
    Last edited by KooGuy; 03-16-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I am not aware. How can I find out more. Is this on a web site that I can read up on. Is this organize under B.ONT, TDBA or any kind of structure? If yes, perhaps we can join up. If no, we should talk about brinhing this under some kind of a structure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBCLLAP,

I just send you a PM with detail information about the championship.

Friendly club matches is another way to promote badminton without going through a formal tournament...We have been having lot's fun over the years.

By the way, good work on Pan AM facility and promoting badminton in your club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.yorkregion.com/news/artic...group-let-down

So wat's gonna happen now? even Ms. lee favored to build 2 swimming pool instead? wth she's saying????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have spoken to Councillor Don Hamilton and Deputy Mayor Jack Heath today. They support badminton 100% and they are doing everything in the background to secure the badminton facility for us. I have ask Badminton Canada to contact PAN AM to ensure that they need to stick by the orignial plan. I am in communication with PAN AM program venue director and he ensure me that they will stick by the original plan. I will be taking a week off work next week to meet and address council and work with PAN AM to deal with this situation. I will post communication, between PAN AM, Council and MBC on www.markhambadminton,con to keep you all intereste party inform of relevant communication.

MS Lee comment surprise me. I am a little bit disappointed that a club of her stature which produce the number 1 female badminton player (Michelle Li) in Canada would NOT support Badminton in the community. I have not spoken to her yet, so I do not know why she said what she said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks MBCLLAP! Pls keep us inform! We appreciated yr time and efforts! It's no surprise that Ms Lee says something like that if you know her long enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update
    The Town resolution is that if PAN AM rejects the 2 pools proposal, they will have to go back to One Pool and one Badminton facility. We have been working the background and I just got email from the CEO of Pan AM today that they will not accept the 2 pools proposal from Markham. The Council has no choice but to go back to the one pool and on badminton facility plan. They could come up with another resolution. I have met with Deputy Mayor Jack Heath, Jim Jones, and Don Hamilton to explain our position and why PAN AM for Badminton is important to Markham. I am meeting councillor Alex Chiu tomorrow. Meeting with regional councillors Joe Li and Councillor Alan Ho on Friday...will keep everyone posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there more info regarding friendly team match between clubs? My group (15-20 players) plays at Mandarin but we can't represent Mandarin, can we join?

Quote Originally Posted by MBCLLAP View Post
    I would like to set it up. By setting up these friendlies matches I am hoping we can build up good relationship between clubs, so we can beging to set up recreational league play between us. One of my long term goal is to set up a league play between clubs so when 2014 come along to occupy our new badminton facility, the league play will already be in place.

We paid $31 an hour for a 9 courts gym. All our gym times are on the weekend. Do you have time to meet up with my VP of Special Event to start planning this special friendlies.

You can also email me at ==> info@markhambadminton.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the new post about the inter-clubs competitive / recreational legaues set up by the Federation of Badminton Clubs in this Fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go MBCLLAP!! At least we can see the light of a big picture of having an international badminton facility for the local communities; every badminton lovers should unite to back up MBCLLAP's passion towards the goal!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you can join. The league is open to all members of the badminton community. You just have to make up a name for your group of friends. Call it ABC (just kidding, don't call it that. There are 2 clubs out there with this name already, Adult Badminton Club and Aurora Badminton Club).
    The final propose plan will be made public by approximately the middle of July, 2010. We have a detail draft document on how the league will be run. We did have an open meeting for feedback on Jan 30, 2011. We have not incorporated all the feedback into this document yet. I can post this document (approx 90% correct) if somebody can tell me how to add an attachment to thsi forum, or if you send me your email address at info@markhambadminton.com , I can send you the document.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mayor of Markham contacted the press today and inform them that the PAN AM facility planned for Markham for Badminton is back on track. Markham will host the TO2015 PAN AM game for Badminton. The Town will build one pool and one badminton facility. The CEO of PAN AM, Ian Troop also back this planned to host Badminton in Markham. The news should be out in this week paper or latest next week. After all this is settle, I will summarize the series of events that lead to this close call, for those who are interested to find out what happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My salute goes to MBCLLAP for your time and effort !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the very close call during the last 10 days, this is a very good news,indeed.
    Congrats to MBCLLAP (P.C.) for his outstanding work and running around to get the job done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magdrury View Post
    Are there more info regarding friendly team match between clubs? My group (15-20 players) plays at Mandarin but we can't represent Mandarin, can we join?
    Want to play with us on Sunday? write to bfcabadminton@gmail.com for details.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast