Question on string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lime4677, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Lime4677

Lime4677 Regular Member

I'm a newbie in badminton tension. People give #x# (example: 24x24). Which one does the first one mean and the second?

And in the cross, horizontal one or the vertical? (when the raquet is being stood up from the handle on the ground and the head up.)

Thanks. (hopefully it makes sense)

2. graphite

graphite Regular Member

Student
    The 1st one means the main strings (vertical), the second one means cross strings (horizontal). For example, 24x26 means 24lbs main (vertical) strings, 26lbs cross (horizontal) strings. Hope that clears it up! :)

3. Lime4677

Lime4677 Regular Member

4. reenignelivic

reenignelivic Regular Member

Student
    Cross/Main Confusion

Recently I bought a Yonex MP 100 :D . I was a bit confused about cross and main tension with the seller. This seller is from singapore and he told me cross is vertical and main is horizontal. However, what I understand is that cross is horizontal and main is the vertical direction. Is it because of different definition in directions since I found out that threads posted from singapore or australia refer cross/main as in vertical/horizontal, while threads posted from north america refer cross/main as in horizonatal/vertical. Can anyone answer me?

Thanks