Dutch badminton club looking for Copenhagen club to play fun tournament

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Trilan, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Trilan

Trilan New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and also new to organising international meetings between clubs.
    But for all things there must be a first time...

Here's my plan: I'd like to organise a 4-day trip to Copenhagen with my badmintonclub. Offcourse we'd like to play some badminton! But here's the difficulty: our playing-level is really wide, I mean our best players play in 1st class of Dutch national competition and this lowers down to beginning players. I'd like to meet someone who would like to invite us to their club (with same skills - mainly recreative players) and organise a small tournament together.

Keeping in mind that it is a trip not only for enthousiastic youth but also for a little older people (12 to 50 yrs of age), I know that my search is not an easy one!

So if you think anyone of your club might like this idea, please bring it to them! The only organising you'll have to do will be hiring a badminton hall and bring toghether lot's of enthousiastic players!

I'm hoping to organise this in April 2012 and bring about 50 people (including partners). But offcourse I need a little help from someone in the neighboorhood!

I'll be waiting and happy to answer any question you have in mind!

Hope to see lot's of positive reactions!

With regards,

Mark Ceelen
    Badminton Club Trilan, Landgraaf, The Netherlands

2. ehffs

ehffs New Member

photographic equipment engineer
    friendly tournament

Hi Mark

We hold a friendly ( but still competitive tournament) in February each year in Newmarket/Cambridge area UK
    We have a few players from Belgium come over,
    BBQ on Sat evening etc.
    Usually split into B, C1 and C2 groups.
    you can find details on the Newmarket Badminton Federation web site.

Also we would be interested in some sort of 'twinning' arrangement between clubs .

Denis Willing

3. Trilan

Trilan New Member

Hi Denis,

Sounds pretty much okay, except for the playing-level... A few of our better players can only play A because of their ranking and a lot of recreative players only play D... But I'll keep you in mind! Could be a nice trip for just some friends ;-) Do you have any accommodation nearby?

I'd like to invite you and your club to our own (international) tournament in the Netherlands, its in Heerlen/Landgraaf area (maybe you know Pinkpop? it's nearby). It's mid-april and takes saturday and sunday, we usually split into A, B, C and D groups... See www.bctrilan.nl for mor (Dutch) information. If you'd like to come, please tell us and we will provide you with English information!

Usually players come from Germany, Belgium, Sweden and even South Africa!

Greetings, Mark