More TW Victor coding confusion

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Maklike Tier, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    My current go-to racket is a TW coded BS11. It has the same stiffness rating as the TW coded BS10 - that is, 'Medium-Stiff'.

(F)o - - - o x - - o(S)

I realise that other coded versions of the BS10 are stiffer than the TW coded versions.

However, after deciding to shop for a new BS11 so I have a spare, the TW coded ones now appear to be 'Medium-Flexible'!

(F)o - - x o - - - o(S)

That makes the new BS12 actually stiffer than the BS11?????

I think I'm getting slightly tired of this. How can I even guarantee that if I buy a new BS11 that it will actually be the same as the one I already have!

Does anyone know a reputable source for non-TW coded Victors....hopefully with more consistent specs??

Picture 13.jpg

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    A new version of a racket won't be the same as the older version, hence why it is "new".

Yonex rackets are the same 9Eg Ti10 1st,2nd,3rd are totally different rackets AT700, Cab20, Cab8 etc...

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah, but they were different colours. There's nothing to differentiate this racket from the old one.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It says "New" on the specs....like new recipe for Bread/chocolate...Low Fat Bravesword?

I agree it is more confusing with different colours, but each Batch/Production run they do will be different. It does also seem strange they would change the stiffness of an existing racket, call it the same & colour it the same.

Unless there is a mistake on the specs & it is supposed to be the same

5. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I've heard that there are different stiffness for a same model and color. For example it seems that Lee Yong Dae's BS09 is very stiff while it is supposed to be medium. For this same Bs 09 you can find 7 different specs, that's what french Victor retailer has told me...

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It's incredibly frustrating. I like the spec on my current BS11 but I'm less and less confident I'll be able to find another one the same.

It's also annoying that although the TW coded BS10 and BS11 I have are rated the same on the shaft, the BS11 is slightly less stiff and slightly more head heavy.

Argh!

Maybe I'll just have the get the BS12? It looks potentially more similar to what the BS11 used to be at least.

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Seems like abad business plan to me.

We make great rackets, but every ones different.

Better to buy a lottery ticket? :)

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Whatever I decide to get next, I might just get two at the same time. It's really crappy to spend a year developing a relationship with a racket, then decide to get a spare just in case, only to discover it's no longer the same.

C'mon Victor, sort your $h!t out!!