Hello, new member from Melbourne, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Autumn, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Autumn

Autumn New Member

IT
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new and would like to learn how to play badminton. I work in Burwood so if any player has plan to play around this area, can you please let me know. I would love to come and watch :). And if there is a kind heart prson outthere who willing to teach me to play....it will be much appreciated.
    Ps: I will pay for the court hire, and shout you a refreshment.;).
    Cheers,

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Welcome to BC, Autumn.

If you really want to learn how to play badminton, best is for you to attend coaching classes. There are quite a few around Melbourne nowadays. Basically, you turn up on one of the venues on the day and then join a group of people to practice some basic shots in badminton with the coach(s) there to guide everyone. This is just like learning to drive a car. Since you are prepared to pay for court hire plus refreshment, it's actually cheaper for you to attend the coaching class. Just to give you a few coaching classes that you can inquire on,

1) Chris@CCC (you can pm him through this forum)
    2) Jacky (you can access his website on www.jtultra.com.au)
    3) Stadium Sports in Box Hill Central (just go to the sport shop and ask about their coaching classes)
    4) There are some coaching classes happening in Monash Uni. Sports & Recreation Clayton on Saturday around 4-5pm. You can just go there and ask the coach.

If you are just interested in Social Clubs that play badminton, you can checkout http://badminton.gtccoz.com/. It listed quite a few places around Melbourne that you can play badminton. Most important is to read the "info" section about how friendly the clubs are towards beginners and if the time suits you, contact the person in-charge about you turning up. I am pretty sure you will make plenty of friends who happened to share the same interest plus enjoy the game of badminton.

Happy Badminton. :)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Welcoming Autumn to BadmintonCentral !!!

Hi Autumn,

We welcome you to join us at our CCC Badminton Coaching.

For info, just click on this link below;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-CCC-Badminton-CCC-MSAC-Sun-10-00am-12-00noon

4. Autumn

Autumn New Member

IT
    Thanks guys for your info. I will have a look and what suit me best.