Improving speed - advice?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Deceptionmaster, Feb 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Deceptionmaster

Deceptionmaster New Member

prof
    Hi everybody

I have been stringing for a year or so now, and haven´t improved enough i think, and then i thought some of you half pros could help me - my best time is around 45 min, but sometimes it´s also more, especially when it is forza 96 hole racquets.
    But just wanted to hear if there where some wise men who had some good advices.

Sorry if there is some spelling mistakes
    :)

2. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    The slowest part is weaving the crosses.

One tip is to weave one ahead. So its done like this, tension cross, clamp the cross, weave next cross (call this cross A), then weave another cross (call this cross B). This cross B should follow the same pattern as the tensioned cross. Then tension and clamp cross A, and then weave one more (cross C). Tension B and weave cross D. etc. This technique is commonly used in tennis rackets and other larger rackets that use much thicker string.

Since this is badminton, as an extension of the above technique, it is faster to finish the mains, do 3 crosses normally (weave->tension), then preweave the next crosses as far as possible (make sure to leave extra string so you can tension the first cross you preweaved), then tension as far as possible, then preweave and tension until the end.