Fair price for supplements online?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by JustinG, Feb 25, 2011.

1. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Hi all, I'm started to train pretty hard at badminton and as well doing alot of running.(5k and 10k events)

I love the mix of running and badminton it really gets my adrenaline going but in different ways. In my area, there is GNC and Popeye's supplement stores...I noticed that their prices are really high...so...does anyone know of a place online that I can buy supplements that is a good deal or fair price? I don't want to pay "an arm and a leg everytime I need to buy a supplement. :p

thanks.

2. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    Hiya, I was wondering what sort of supplements you are looking at buying?
    myprotein.com is a good cheap site here in the UK, not sure if they ship to Canada

3. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    'Supplements' doesn't really describe anything. Could you be more specific? Local stores are usually the best for a small number of purchases, but buying in bulk online can be cheaper in the long run.

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I don't buy in bulk, but online you can get a lot more for the same price. It works out about the same price to get twice as many tablets online.
    I know that sound like buying in bulk, but with supplements the more you buy in one go the more likely you are to actually keep taking thm and not give up.

5. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

I guess I was being a little vauge by saying "supplements". I'm looking for Amino Acid supplements, Muscle recovery and hydration stuff.
    I'm open to other forms of supplements but they would have to be pretty reputable (proven to work). Things such as, creatine, protein supplements, BCAA stuff, and whatever else is out there. It's hard to find trustwory information though.

Right now, I am running 30 minutes 5 days a week, and playing badminton singles/intense drills 4x a week, a little bit of weights here and there.

If anyone has had a good or bad experience with any kind of supplements, please let me know!

6. Nightnight

Nightnight Regular Member

I think what you want are creatine and whey protein powder.

7. Cuyo1

Cuyo1 New Member

For energy and exercise recovery, I would recommend Ribose. It was originally used in patients with heart failure, and has more recently been used in the treatment of chronic fatigue, and for athletes. A good overall website for supplements is iherb.com: you can get a $5 discount with the code TUD658